Prince Amukamara exceeded expectations from 2007 recruiting class

Nexus

ncf_i_prince11_200.jpg

Prince Amukamara was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, despite having no interceptions. It's hard to pick it off when no one throws to your side of the field.

^I like this caption with Prince's picture.

ncf_i_prince11_200.jpg

Prince Amukamara was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, despite having no interceptions. It's hard to pick it off when no one throws to your side of the field.

I like that too, cant wait to see if Fonz can shut down half the field for us this year and get a first round pick.

ncf_i_prince11_200.jpg

I like that too, cant wait to see if Fonz can shut down half the field for us this year and get a first round pick.

Yeah, I could see Dennard going in the 1st round next year. It’s been a long time since we’ve had such great CB depth. Like a decade or so——back to when we had Keyuo Craver, DeJuan Groce and Erwin Sweeny.

ncf_i_prince11_200.jpg

Yeah, I could see Dennard going in the 1st round next year. It’s been a long time since we’ve had such great CB depth. Like a decade or so——back to when we had Keyuo Craver, DeJuan Groce and Erwin Sweeny.

Good to have depth like the teams of the 90s(im a youngin). Could we have potentially 3 top rounders next year? Fonz, Crick and Lavonte.

ncf_i_prince11_200.jpg

Good to have depth like the teams of the 90s(im a youngin). Could we have potentially 3 top rounders next year? Fonz, Crick and Lavonte.

You'd think so, if all three improve even a little bit from this past year. Or at least they'll all go in the first couple of rounds.

Back to the original post, thank you Crabtree for your amazingly groundbreaking statement. I'm sure your average bear couldn't surmise on his own Prince has outdone his :star :star :star RB ranking.

Brilliant. And it is great to have likely third rounders in every level of the defense next year. If they can step up and provide good leadership (guys who are that good need to), we can be terrifying next year.

I don't see Lavonte going first round unless he improves a fair deal, which I guess I do see envisioning, but current Lavonte? I don't see it. Our scheme is designed to get the linebacker(s) a lot of tackles, his success is just as much to do with scheme than it is to do with his freakish talent.

Lavonte David is not going in the first round unless he puts on 20 pounds and gets up to at least 235. This will however, affect his speed and agility which is what makes him such a dangerous weapon. The top guys like Patrick Willis are 235 and run a 4.5 (4.37 at his Pro Day)so if Lavonte wants to get drafted 1st round, he needs to put on some weight and still be able to run a low 4.5. He's got the skills to be a first rounder though.

Mel Kiper on Lavonte David:

"The intrigue is in where, at 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds, does he project at the next level? He has safety size playing the middle linebacker position. Does he gain 10 pounds and project to outside linebacker? Do you convert him to safety? Those questions are still to be determined. What I do know at the present time is he possesses very good read-react ability. He has excellent speed to the football. He's extremely productive. And he can make big plays in a variety of ways."

LINK

I don't see Lavonte going first round unless he improves a fair deal, which I guess I do see envisioning, but current Lavonte? I don't see it. Our scheme is designed to get the linebacker(s) a lot of tackles, his success is just as much to do with scheme than it is to do with his freakish talent.

I don't buy that at all, because if that was true, then our other linebackers would have better numbers also.

I don't buy that at all, because if that was true, then our other linebackers would have better numbers also.

We didn't really have any other linebackers this year.

Mel Kiper on Lavonte David:

"The intrigue is in where, at 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds, does he project at the next level? He has safety size playing the middle linebacker position. Does he gain 10 pounds and project to outside linebacker? Do you convert him to safety? Those questions are still to be determined. What I do know at the present time is he possesses very good read-react ability. He has excellent speed to the football. He's extremely productive. And he can make big plays in a variety of ways."

LINK

Gosh, how will LaVonte ever put on ten pounds? That's nearly impossible, Mel! :blink:

Lavonte is safety sized right now. I would be surprised if he can make that jump though, to DB, in the NFL. He can put on 10 pounds......just to reach tweener status. I think it's a fair point from Kiper.

Lavonte could put on 20 and still be pretty undersized for an outside backer, and completely out of the discussion for 3-4 OLBs.