Taylor will have competition this season

Tyson Broekemeier has always been a quarterback.

And now the Aurora senior wants to try to be Nebraska's quarterback. He's not fazed by the fact sophomore-to-be Taylor Martinez took control of the position last fall.

"Going anywhere, there's going to be someone ahead of you who has earned a spot," said Broekemeier, who notified NU coaches Tuesday of his decision to walk on with the Huskers. "You have to compete for a spot. I would regret not trying to see what my maximum potential could be."

Full article here: http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/recruiting/article_a7688a88-f0dd-5336-a6c7-c6ad09d510fe.html

Cant beat an attitude like that from Joe's younger bro.

I love a good story, but if anyone's going to be giving Martinez a run it's probably not going to be baby Brock

I know, just trying to pass time until tomorrow. I think competition will help Taylor become more that he was this year, i dont think he had that sence of urgency that someone could take his spot. I dont think "baby brock" will be that, but i do think Brion could make a strong push this year.

Kid wants to come in and compete. Good for him, never hold that against a kid. I always take articles like this with a grain of salt because would he have said something like this and put himself out there if he were not asked a question like this?

Love the moxie. I wonder whether he has his brother's hands. If so, we might slide him over to WR as they are in short supply. If anyone is going to be pushing T-Mart, it's going to be Carnes or Turner. If Carnes has 75% of Taylor's speed, as good or better mobility, and the ability to throw on the run, methinks we could see another shakeup this fall, esp. if we have a new offensive staff coming on.

If Carnes has 75% of Taylor's speed, as good orbetter mobility, and the ability to throw on the run, methinks we could see another shakeup this fall, esp. if we have a new offensive staff coming on.

I like your thinking and it would be great I Carnes turns out that way, but you know what they say...if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

• Fire 1