Bo on 1620 the Zone

I don't want a coach who parses words to the extent that we have to debate whether he was "lying" or "not telling the truth" or "not telling everything" or "not saying something that isn't true."

I hated it when Bill Clinton sat in front of Congress and debated with them over the meaning of the words "is" and "sex." That's the last thing I expect from the Head Coach of the University of Nebraska.

"I feel your pain."

heh...I miss those guys. They were real-deal politicians that were never boring and they even invented the internet. :corndance

I'd like to add one other thing, and that is this.

If Bo truly believes that it would be better served for all parties involved to address the issue at a later time––and such would probably be the case if you were looking at multiple staff changes––that's FINE. The problem is he says he's not going to answer the questions, then starts answering them anyway by contradicting reputable reports. I mean, for a strategic mind like his, where's his sense?

"Bo, what about what the Indiana coach is saying?"

"No comment. All staff issues will be addressed in the coming weeks."

Boom. Done.

Just for a moment let's suppose he did just as you suggested. Would it have been done? Or would it start a whole new parade of conjectures/rumor/et al? Hmmmm.. Interesting to consider though. When I hear someone say, 'No Comment' I'm thinking He/She DOES know something, they're just not saying!

This is just me but I'm wondering if everything is not in stone yet? Maybe Bo doesn't know for sure if this person is going to take the job OR Bo is just pulling the media's chain. They've pulled his many a time-is it payback? Is he still dancing on thin ice from the Martinez fiasco from last season? Or maybe it's a power play on his part and HE is going to control this teleconference no matter what? For some control is a powerful tool??

Can someone confirm on what date our assistant coaches contracts expire?

One of the other threads had it at Feb 12th.

In the past they always expired in June. . .including the head coaches. I know Bo's expires Feb. 28, 2015. I would assume the assistants would be very similar. So 12th sure. . .28th more reasonable.

Someone having a job offer pending contract negotiations is not the same as someone being hired (a past tense word). Someone resigning, even if asked to resign, is not the same as being fired. I don't have an issue with anything said (or not said) by Pelini today, and I don't think he's done anything wrong. Too many people are too eager to whine about a coach not being as forthright with information as they want him to be, but then again, too many people will complain about anything.

Bo won't respond to Dirk's question. Bo states he has not hired any coaches.

Marvin Sanders - Bo will NOT answer that question. This is not the time or the place.

Bo has not notified any recruits of any staff changes.

Did he actually say "This is not the time or the place?" If so the translation is that Sanders is leaving.

As for "not having hired coaches" are they "hired" if they haven't signed a contract?

"I'll address staff when the time is right, and when you need to know. Fair enough?"

This stance is completely fair enough. But the reporters are fishing, and they got Bo good.

He followed this up with these statements:

No, nobody has been hired.

No, nobody has been fired.

Husker_x is spot, freaking, on. Bo can save himself a lot of grief by not playing games. What's so scary about these questions that he needs to avoid them? Honesty is always the best policy.

"Nobody hired, Nobody fired"? Okay ... so who's "resigned their position."