9 Huskers invited to the combine

Prince ready for the combine.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_204d6ebc-b7b2-58f2-b139-3e7931061125.html

Those hair-gelled analysts keep flapping their gums about him, but Prince Amukamara is paying little notice.

There's a place and time to be flattered, but he figures this is not it.

Instead, Amukamara leaves for the NFL Combine on Saturday with an everything-to-prove approach.

"I know those mock projections are mock for a reason. They're not set in stone," the former Husker said. "I look at it like I'm projected as a free agent."

Ricky Henry is not having a good day so far. 20 reps in BP and it looks like a 5.73 40yd... yikes.

I think that was the slowest 40 time of all participants. Good thing linemen usually don't run 40 yards in a straight line. Hopefully at least his 10 yard split was decent.

Ricky Henry is not having a good day so far. 20 reps in BP and it looks like a 5.73 40yd... yikes.

I think that was the slowest 40 time of all participants. Good thing linemen usually don't run 40 yards in a straight line. Hopefully at least his 10 yard split was decent.

Unfortunately for Ricky, it looks like he was at or near the bottom in every single workout. Williams didn't fare much better, either. Here's hoping Niles and Helu both have big days tomorrow.

I wonder...

I'm comparing to the results of the Tight Ends that did their tryouts in the combine to that of McNeill and wondering if he could have out performed them...

4.55 40 yd dash time, could McNeill beat that our be placed in the top 10 of that?

I think he could have scored up there with the top performers in his vertical and broad jump and maybe the 40 and 60 yd shuttle. I don't think he would have fared too well in the bench press though.