Make a bold prediction about Nebraska's newest players

billdozer15, how can you say that santos is too small? what was lavonte's size when he came here 2 years ago? his playing weight was 210-215 all year. are you saying that david is too small to play big 10 football? i am not trying to talk sh*t on your post, just trying to make a point that possibly you have not thought of yet. santos will have 4-5 years to put on some weight. i think he will be ok. he will not pull a chris williams on us.

• Fire 1

billdozer15, how can you say that santos is too small? what was lavonte's size when he came here 2 years ago? his playing weight was 210-215 all year. are you saying that david is too small to play big 10 football? i am not trying to talk sh*t on your post, just trying to make a point that possibly you have not thought of yet. santos will have 4-5 years to put on some weight. i think he will be ok. he will not pull a chris williams on us.

Comparing Santo's to Lavonte at this point is rediculous. Besides I would argue if Lavonte were to play four years in the B1G he would end up being too small and not be able to contribute. As it stands Lavonte is an amazing athlete that will likely get us through our first go around in the B1G, however we are going to need bigger LB's to withstand the downhill run style of the B1G. "If" and its a big if Santo's can get his weight up to 230-40'ish and still move ok i think he will be alright. However, I am inclined to think he wont be able to bulk up that much at his height 6' which is likely inflated, wont allow him to get that big. He may very well prove me wrong and i hope so, but i just dont see someone at his size at LB lasting real long in the B1G.

I think in the next year or two we will go after bigger LB's who will eventually surpass Santos and that is why he will be rendered to mop up duty or special teams.

edit: BTW Lavonte came in last year @ 6'1" 215.

David Santos will start at MLB in two years after Lavonte graduates.

Aaron Green will not be effective until his True Sophomore year, where he will run for 1250 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Charles Jackson will not get significant playing time until the 6th game of the season, but when he does, Bo places him In the starting Lineup opposite Dennard.

If he doesnt redshirt, Ameer Abdullah will take over Return duty. No significant playing time at RB this year.

Moore and Reeves will be 3 time All-Big Ten, and each will be an All-American one time

Peat will not make an impact until the late into his Sophomore season, where he will get 5 sacks in the last 3 games to start the Suh hype.

Joe Carter gets 2 sacks in his first appearance, and doesn't get another sack until the final game of the season.

Stafford makes a big impact next year, slows down the year after, but still 2nd team all conference both years.

Jamal Turner will lead us to the Big 10 championship game his sophomore year. Lose. Then win it all for us his Junior year.

Comparing Santo's to Lavonte at this point is rediculous. Besides I would argue if Lavonte were to play four years in the B1G he would end up being too small and not be able to contribute. As it stands Lavonte is an amazing athlete that will likely get us through our first go around in the B1G, however we are going to need bigger LB's to withstand the downhill run style of the B1G. "If" and its a big if Santo's can get his weight up to 230-40'ish and still move ok i think he will be alright. However, I am inclined to think he wont be able to bulk up that much at his height 6' which is likely inflated, wont allow him to get that big. He may very well prove me wrong and i hope so, but i just dont see someone at his size at LB lasting real long in the B1G.

I think in the next year or two we will go after bigger LB's who will eventually surpass Santos and that is why he will be rendered to mop up duty or special teams.

edit: BTW Lavonte came in last year @ 6'1" 215.

santos is coming in at 6" 212. the kid can play and hopefully can withstand the beating big 10 football can dish out. bo's D is based on speed. now i am not going off of the peso D because that was something that had to be done because of the people we had. if you look at the teams he has had in lsu and with oklahoma, speed was the name of the game. bo's D won 38-24 against THE ohio state in 2007 for the national championship. you may be right with santos but i hope bo's past will be a sign of what he can do with david.

Predictions (some not so bold):

Aaron Green plays... a lot... and he's good.

Jamal Turner gets on the field in some capacity.

Heard is not here come summer, probably never here.

I like what knapplc said about Pirman. He becomes good.

Stafford is an immediate contributor.

Peat is good not great by the end of his career.

Klachko, Moore, Reeves are as good as advertised.

Bubba Starling choses Nebraska over the Major Leagues.

You have quite the optimistic personality then. It is a no brainer that he will to to the MLB. There is nothing that Nebraska could offer him that could be more than whoever drafts him for the MLB. Unless Nebraska wants to pull an Auburn...

Bubba Starling choses Nebraska over the Major Leagues.

You have quite the optimistic personality then. It is a no brainer that he will to to the MLB. There is nothing that Nebraska could offer him that could be more than whoever drafts him for the MLB. Unless Nebraska wants to pull an Auburn...

The thread says bold predictions, and I'm pretty sure that's about as bold as they come.