An awkward, uncomfortable signing

Enhance

The problem we are seeing now has probably been in the works for a long time. The way Bo treats journalists has not earned him too many friends. And when he's open up and vulnerable to an attack like this, they are going to pounce.

In a way, he's asked for it with his treatment of the media up to this point. It is just an example of creating unnecessary problems when there didn't need to be, just because Bo couldn't be bothered with certain HC aspects. I don't have much of a problem with that *except* when you see problems like this crop up later, and really, it is just the tip of the iceberg from the Lincoln media. We haven't started losing games yet.

There really isn't a big deal here. Sanders stepped on his d*ck, we hired the guy from indiana, everybody (here on the board) is still lurking in the weeds, waiting for something bigger than this to happen at the 2012, otherwise known as the "press conference".

You totally crack me up!! I love this board. I love it that we can express our opinions and have really good discussion. I was in journalism in high school and almost majored in it in college so I know a little of the rigor that the reporters have to go through. It IS their job to report the news BUT they also need to be responsible in their reporting. I enjoy the sports writers from the OWH and I like listening to Sip from time to time but I think that Bo was probably sweating it a little at that conference because he knew that the media would bring up the coaching situation and it sounds like he was trying to keep his lips zipped because of the legal ramifications? I could be totally off base here but that's what I was thinking. I also think that when an agenda has been set it should be honored. However, I also think that Bo needs to take some classes in interpersonal communication. I really think he just doesn't know what to say sometimes. Since he has one of the most effective communicators (Dr. Tom) in his sphere, he should take advantage of Tom's expertise and simply practice. Have someone mentor him. It's not a difficult thing to do IF he wants to get better.

Anyway, thanks for the great discussion. I like having the freedom to share my opinion without being crucified. You guys are great and this board is a hoot.

This wasn't an uncomfortable signing as the Headline says...it was an uncomfortable news conference and, in my opinion, both sides are to blame. Bo needs to get a little more PR savvy....and, the press, when it comes to issues that, at least on the surface, are outside of the area where comments can be made, NEEED TO BACK OFF just a bit. There are instances where "no comment" is all a supervisor, or person " in the know" can say, because of things outside their control. In listening to some of our press corps, they seem awfully self righteous....but then, what again do I know.....

There was plenty of time today, or tomorrow, or the next day to corner Bo. Just didn't seem to me that the press needed to push that button on signing day. Heck, if they wouldn't have pushed it so hard, it would not have been a big issue (in my opinion).

Just saying.....