Ross Els to meet with Bo today about LB position.

What are his qualifications?

Nebraska ties. Thats all you need to coach around here. If they went to school at UNL or were born in Nebraska, get them an application!

Why the hell haven't they hired me yet? Don't they know how good my defenses are on NCAA 11?!

Im sure you'd be a great fit at Nebraska. The fans would love you just for the fact you live in Nebraska or have lived in Nebraska. We should just get every old coach or former player to coach here. Screw the top guys in the business, we shouldn't even waste our time with them.

You seem really angry about this.

All I'm gonna say about hiring outside of Nebraska. "Bill Callahan"

"Bob Devaney"

Bo Pelini.

Nebraska ties. Thats all you need to coach around here. If they went to school at UNL or were born in Nebraska, get them an application!

Why the hell haven't they hired me yet? Don't they know how good my defenses are on NCAA 11?!

Im sure you'd be a great fit at Nebraska. The fans would love you just for the fact you live in Nebraska or have lived in Nebraska. We should just get every old coach or former player to coach here. Screw the top guys in the business, we shouldn't even waste our time with them.

I guess you should be the coach or AD right?

You seem to know better than the people in place. It's amazing how many people think they know better.

When did I say I know better? Please enlighten me...

Just the way you come off there buddy.

Sarcasm meter was off the charts.

You seem to know better than the people in place. It's amazing how many people think they know better.

Yes, I was being sarcastic, way to pick up on it...buddy. Also called joking around. Unless you really think I want Nebraska to hire GSG. Wasn't really trying to hide the sarcasm. I never said I know more than the AD or head coach however, like you claimed I did...

You seem really angry about this.

All I'm gonna say about hiring outside of Nebraska. "Bill Callahan"

"Bob Devaney"

Bo Pelini.

Are you saying Bo is/was a bad hire?

Yes, I was being sarcastic, way to pick up on it...buddy. Also called joking around. Unless you really think I want Nebraska to hire GSG. Wasn't really trying to hide the sarcasm. I never said I know more than the AD or head coach however, like you claimed I did...

"Screw the top guys in the business, we shouldn't even waste our time with them."

From that comment, you seem to be butthurt that Bo isn't going for a "top guy" hence you thinking you know better.

You made a joke heavily drenched in sarcasm, but it wasn't terribly obvious. That's why people are responding the way they are.

Everyone is getting worked up over a joke. This isn't much of much.

Nebraska ties.

Apparently that's all you care about when hiring someone is that they don't have ties.

Im not really following what you are trying to say. I want Nebraska to hire the best possible candidate for the position, not just because they have coached in Nebraska before. I wouldn't call Ohios defense world class by any means. Why not go after some LB coaches from good defenses?

"Screw the top guys in the business, we shouldn't even waste our time with them."

From that comment, you seem to be butthurt that Bo isn't going for a "top guy" hence you thinking you know better.

He was joking. He's not butthurt. I know it's fun to toss around the "butthurt" accusation, but you're off base here. It was a joke, nothing more.

Don't crucify the guy because his joke wasn't funny.

He was joking. He's not butthurt. I know it's fun to toss around the "butthurt" accusation, but you're off base here. It was a joke, nothing more.

I thought it was funny. Maybe that's just me seeing through the sarcasm though. Some people have a VERY hard time with that.

Alright, you can be happy getting the Ohio LBs coach. Ill be happy with him if we actually attempt to go after coaches of actual good defenses and they all tell us no.

I thought it was funny. Maybe that's just me seeing through the sarcasm though. Some people have a VERY hard time with that.

I should have said, "Don't crucify him because you thought it wasn't funny." I thought it was funny, too.

Alright, you can be happy getting the Ohio LBs coach. Ill be happy with him if we actually attempt to go after coaches of actual good defenses and they all tell us no.

I think its the fact that Bo wnats to coach with guys he either has "ties" with or feels that their style of coaching will not clash with his.