Official Sanders gone

Very pleased with how this is going so far.

A blip in the plan yesterday, but hopefully some smooth sailing here on out. They handled this one very well. No questions need be asked, nor will they be answered.

'grats, Bo.

You broke my sarcasm detector. (Said in voice of "Ralph" from The Simpsons.)

didn't read through the thread so SIAP. supposedly he was sexing up UNL students.

If that is true, would that alone be reason for dismissal? Is it against the verbiage in his contract, because consentual relations between 2 consenting adults should be no one elses business, no matter how unsavory the situation.

Consenting adults whether married or not? Yes if other adult is not a student of UNL. I would think there is a clause in every employee of UNL that they cannot engage in relations with any student at the university. This is why I think the supposed indescretion Carl had wouldn't be the same. The supposed other was not a student. Was it right if actually true? No, not morally but it wasn't the first time and wont be the last it happens to a school employee or coach. But it had nothing to do with a student which would be pretty much unforgiveable as an employee.

This is just what i'm reading between the lines.

It's normal at universities that employees (e.g., professors) CAN have sexual relations with students, so long as they're not supervising them. I know this because I am a professor at a state university, and I can assure you that this is the norm for the majority of schools. (I know of several marriages that have come about this way!) Now, there are exceptions for certain high profile positions, which do have different standards and conduct clauses.

I knew there was a reason I wanted to be a professor.

Very pleased with how this is going so far.

A blip in the plan yesterday, but hopefully some smooth sailing here on out. They handled this one very well. No questions need be asked, nor will they be answered.

'grats, Bo.

You broke my sarcasm detector. (Said in voice of "Ralph" from The Simpsons.)

Wasn't being sarcastic there. I feel like this is how a staff change like this should be handled. It's a bad situation, so just release a statement, say the right things, and move on. Undoubtedly there will be a presser in the future, with canned responses and well wishes. Basically how the plan seems to have been, aside from Kevin Wilson letting everything out of the bag a day early and Bo pretending nothing was going on.

So after I criticized Bo a lot for that, I wanted to give him props for handling this in a good way. Well - aside from the part where he apparently didn't clue in Charles Jackson.

didn't read through the thread so SIAP. supposedly he was sexing up UNL students.

If that is true, would that alone be reason for dismissal? Is it against the verbiage in his contract, because consentual relations between 2 consenting adults should be no one elses business, no matter how unsavory the situation.

Consenting adults whether married or not? Yes if other adult is not a student of UNL. I would think there is a clause in every employee of UNL that they cannot engage in relations with any student at the university. This is why I think the supposed indescretion Carl had wouldn't be the same. The supposed other was not a student. Was it right if actually true? No, not morally but it wasn't the first time and wont be the last it happens to a school employee or coach. But it had nothing to do with a student which would be pretty much unforgiveable as an employee.

It's normal at universities that employees (e.g., professors) CAN have sexual relations with students, so long as they're not supervising them. I know this because I am a professor at a state university, and I can assure you that this is the norm for the majority of schools. (I know of several marriages that have come about this way!) Now, there are exceptions for certain high profile positions, which do have different standards and conduct clauses.

In the infamous words of David Wooderson. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age" (substitute high school for college)

In the infamous words of David Wooderson. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age" (substitute high school for college)

Ha ha! Guys who go there might find themselves workin for the city to keep a little coin in their pocket. Like Wooderson.

Since it apparently can't be mentioned here, just go read the comments on the story at www.ketv.com

Not seeing any comments.

Disabled?

And what you would have seen over there was incorrect anyway. ;)

Since you seem to have the correct version (you've eluded to that multiple times recently) - care to set us straight?

I have alluded to it, and I've also explained that we are not posting that on the boards due to possible legal issues associated with the situation.

Since it apparently can't be mentioned here, just go read the comments on the story at www.ketv.com

Not seeing any comments.

Disabled?

And what you would have seen over there was incorrect anyway. ;)

Since you seem to have the correct version (you've eluded to that multiple times recently) - care to set us straight?

I have alluded to it, and I've also explained that we are not posting that on the boards due to possible legal issues associated with the situation.

write it in mspaint w/ the spray can, upload to flickr, then link to a "photo" - call it art and then there are no legal issues.

ESPN doesn't seem to have a problem reporting how either a 17 or 18 year old Ohio State recruit allegedly fondled a 15 year old girl and maybe 7 or 8 others. Assuming whatever Sanders did was against the law, won't it be public record soon?

If he's charged with something then yes it will be.

ESPN just reported that he wasn't charged. I'll keep watching to see if the kid sues ESPN for slander.