Official Sanders gone

Calm down folks. The only posts I see that have been removed from this thread, have involved name calling.

Not mad or anything, but this statement is just not true. My post was deleted but it involved the rumor to why Sanders is leaving, no name calling was involved . I guess for now you guys are not letting that rumor get posted for legality reasons.(understandable) Just clarify for everyone why we can not post the rumor. Thanks.

My apologies martin, noted ;)

I should add that we could do with less posting of any claims that would be considered slanderous of one of our former coaches.

It is a good time to give Coach Sanders his space and privacy, as well as well wishes and thanks for a very successful time here. No doubt we are all dying to know though...but doubt it ever comes out if there's even anything behind it.

My apologies martin, noted ;)

I should add that we could do with less posting of any claims that would be considered slanderous of one of our former coaches.

It is a good time to give Coach Sanders his space and privacy, as well as well wishes and thanks for a very successful time here. No doubt we are all dying to know though...but doubt it ever comes out if there's even anything behind it.

I take this is the legal reason we can not post the rumor, thank you. I am not a lawyer!

Calm down folks. The only posts I see that have been removed from this thread, have involved name calling.

Not mad or anything, but this statement is just not true. My post was deleted but it involved the rumor to why Sanders is leaving, no name calling was involved . I guess for now you guys are not letting that rumor get posted for legality reasons.(understandable) Just clarify for everyone why we can not post the rumor. Thanks.

Oops - that's my bad, I missed that one.

I think you are right about why that stuff can't be posted. Don't quote me on this, as I'm neither the voice nor legal expert of this board. But I do think the Athletic Department would step in and ask us to remove that material, if left up.

Everyone, the bottom line is we're being overly cautious right now. We have had discussions with legal people in the past regarding content posted on the board. At this moment we're taking it slow so that we have a HuskerBoard today, tomorrow and years from now. Nobody wants to censor anyone, and no, nobody likes this.

If there is a time when we can openly discuss things here, we'll allow it.

i'll bet we never hear the real story on this one.....let your imagination run wild now...... :corndance

Glenn, Castille, now Sanders. The list just goes on.

Do you think we should be told? I mean, I really want to know but I have to think the hush hush has to do with protecting people and legal issues. If I were a player or a coach and I messed up and had to be let go I would want the university to handle it the way they have handled these situations.

I think you are right about why that stuff can't be posted. Don't quote me on this, as I'm neither the voice nor legal expert of this board. But I do think the Athletic Department would step in and ask us to remove that material, if left up.

For it to be slanderous it would have to be untrue. Calling Barney Frank gay is true thus no slander charges could be filed. Calling David Hasselhoff gay would be untruthful and the Hoff could sue this board for slander. However i think he would have a hard time defending that position with this type of evidence.

David-Hasselhoff.jpg

david-hasselhoff-7.jpg

i'll bet we never hear the real story on this one.....let your imagination run wild now...... :corndance

Do you think we should be told? I mean, I really want to know but I have to think the hush hush has to do with protecting people and legal issues. If I were a player or a coach and I messed up and had to be let go I would want the university to handle it the way they have handled these situations.

I suppose this is where the argument would come in that if you are embarrassed of your behavior then why did you do it in the first place?

For it to be slanderous it would have to be untrue. Calling Barney Frank gay is true thus no slander charges could be filed. Calling David Hasselhoff gay would be untruthful and the Hoff could sue this board for slander. However i think he would have a hard time defending that position with this type of evidence.

david-hasselhoff-7.jpg

How is this not a violation of animal rights?!?!?!

david-hasselhoff-7.jpg

How does this not a violation of animal rights?!?!?!

This violates my eyesight...cannot unsee!!!

For it to be slanderous it would have to be untrue.

( :rollin at the images, by the way...snipped in the quote for the love of humanity)

Yeah, it probably does have to be untrue. But then you get into the territory of public disclosure of private facts. I think that would fall into this category. I am not a lawyer, either, but as knapp said, it's a precaution. I know everyone here on the mods and admins staff is in the "Let discussion happen" camp. There are threads here that would not see the light of day on other boards. And that's not meant as a criticism of other boards, we just do things differently here. Still, always a line to be drawn.

But enough about the privacy discussion, I do believe the most immediate and present threat in this thread is that set of Images That Shall Not Be Quoted.......

cannot_be_unseen.jpg?1257471121

:P

The only thing i've heard is that it had to do with the same kind of reason Solich got canned, something about his night life.

obviously thats just hear say and nothing more till otherwise proven.

That's the same rumor that pretty much everyone has heard. I don't know why everyone is, well-beating around the bush so much.

I suppose this is where the argument would come in that if you are embarrassed of your behavior then why did you do it in the first place?

What does that even mean? As if people only make mistakes when they intend to? That's not how life works.

Everybody screws up, maybe Sanders did, maybe he didn't, but either way he has the right to privacy. There is no reason that the fans or media ever need to know. It's not the President of the United States, it's a college football secondary coach. We have no right to know his business, we don't benefit from it at all except for having a little extra bit of gossip we can pass along at the watercooler. Let it go.