Greetings!

Hawknut5

Jokes without knowing the context are so funny. You must watch a lot ESPN.

Love it. You gotta be kidding after that marine comment.

If Iowa manages to beat Nebraska this year we'll probably see a lot of this guy. When Nebraska wins, he'll disappear only to re-appear under a different name.

His type is nothing new. Iowa is the new MU/CU. (apologies Fro. You're a good egg.)

Darn, just when we thought we got away too!

They MIGHT be even teams, but our players wont be on a 3 day cocaine bender during the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I've never heard a drug joke about Iowa before! Doesn't your coach have another marine's dream to smash?

Hmmmm doesnt your coach and AD have another golf tourney to be at, while 13 players are in the hospital?????????

Back at ya for the marine comment.

The context of the Pelini incident was quite simple. He made a promise, his team sucked in the bowl game, he didn't follow through with his promise, so he played it off like it was a joke. Kirk on the other hand was away from Iowa when he had heard about this so it was virtually impossible to be back right away. But even with that, Kirk gave a sincere apology for not being right there when he and others wanted him to, instead of telling a blatant lie like Pelini.

You have got to be kidding me? it was virtually impossible to get back? Those are his players, he needs to be there for them. He cant just let there families wonder what the hell is goin on, and he was not there to answer any questions.

I never made any claims that Iowa was the superior team. My claim was that Nebraska absolutely does not have any superior talent or coaching than Iowa does. They are quite even teams that will match up will against each other. So this should be a close rivalry.

Will Nebraska run through Iowa over the next 10 years? No. will they win 6 or 7 out of the 10? Yes. I think the offenses will be equal this season while the defenses, well they aren't even comparable. You only have 4 relevant players on defense and don't start name dropping random players who are gaining experience because I know them all.

You have a inexperienced QB (again, don't give me oh he played good a year ago against OSU...barely lead Iowa to a win over Minnesota the next week). He is from Iowa and I have seen him play in High School, throws a good ball, but don't think he will be anything too great. Trust me I know your going to rip on Martinez ect. I can't argue the fact that he played TERRIBLE the last few games of the season along with almost everyone else on offense (and coaches). Before he was injured he was breaking records though. RBs - Coker will initially be better than anyone on Nebraska unless Aaron Green emerges quickly which I think he will. Our depth is far and beyond Iowa's at this position. OL - IA has an edge in this unit for sure, but I think we have a solid one as well. TE - You have young guys that can def. be all-big 10 in a few years, but I'll take Kyler Reed and Cotton for next season. WR - Right now I will favor IA with McNutt and Davis, but only slightly for now because Kinnie is even with them, but we need someone young to fill this void. So going into the season I think the offenses will be equal, but as I stated defenses aren't close IMO. It will come down to off-season coaching and changes to see what happens next fall. We can talk all we want, but it isn't going to matter, but pre-season wise. Neb has the edge.

If Iowa manages to beat Nebraska this year we'll probably see a lot of this guy. When Nebraska wins, he'll disappear only to re-appear under a different name.

His type is nothing new. Iowa is the new MU/CU. (apologies Fro. You're a good egg.)

They all share a common background: Nouveau riche attitude combined with a glaring inferiority complex about Nebraska's storied history. Persistent claims that the past doesn't matter while citing records from . . . gasp! . . . the past. Denial. Jealousy. Anger.

All spun into a nasty cocktail that results in posters like Hawknut5 registering to toss a few ineffectual bombs at the pillar that is Nebraska Football.

They will come and go. We'll still be here. The rock they break themselves against.

• Fire 2

They all share a common background: Nouveau riche attitude combined with a glaring inferiority complex about Nebraska's storied history. Persistent claims that the past doesn't matter while citing records from . . . gasp! . . . the past. Denial. Jealousy. Anger.

All spun into a nasty cocktail that results in posters like Hawknut5 registering to toss a few ineffectual bombs at the pillar that is Nebraska Football.

They will come and go. We'll still be here. The rock they break themselves against.

Well said my friend. would +1 but reached my quota haha

I haven't heard a lot of good about Hawk fans. Hopefully not another Mizzou or Colorado

Well, you are going to be unpleasantly surprised. Squawk fans are every bit the equivalent of CU (when they had fans), Mizzou (when their fans gave a crap), and KSU fans, but worse.

I spend a little time at Squawkeyenation.com, and their obsession with Nebraska football is downright frightening. I can sort of see CU, KSU, and Mizzou fans being the way they are, hell, we kicked the crap out of them for 50 years. But I didn't even realize that there were any other Division 1 football teams in the state of Iowa besides Iowa State until I was in my late teens. That's how much I thought of Iowa football.

It is funny when Squawk fans talk about NU being "irrelevant," especially when in our era of irrelevance, we were roughly as successful as they were in their "Golden Era." You are quickly going to realize that the only reason Nebraska had the success that we did and they didn't is because we played in the American Division of Omaha High School football, and they played in the NFC North.

Also, they will be quick to tell you that we are not NU, that would be Northwestern :lol: Fine, squawk fan, you and your mouth-breathing ilk from East of the Mighty Mo can call us DONU, just to make sure that we don't confuse you.

• Fire 1
It is funny when Squawk fans talk about NU being "irrelevant," especially when in our era of irrelevance, we were roughly as successful as they were in their "Golden Era."

That is absolutely hilarious. I admit that I've never paid much attention to Iowa football except when we trounced them a few times in the past, but if that's the case... that's sad.

It is funny when Squawk fans talk about NU being "irrelevant," especially when in our era of irrelevance, we were roughly as successful as they were in their "Golden Era."

That is absolutely hilarious. I admit that I've never paid much attention to Iowa football except when we trounced them a few times in the past, but if that's the case... that's sad.

Oh, they will throw up that at least they played in 1 or 2 BCS games, but that is all they got.

They will also tell you that their greatest moment in their entire lives was that one time in modern history that Iowa beat DONU, which was like 80 or 81.

I know that there are at least 5 National Championship games in my life that I remember much more vividly than any of the games we played against the Squawks. The only thing I can remember from those games is when Crouch trucked Iowa's db, I couldn't even tell you the scores.

Oh, they will throw up that at least they played in 1 or 2 BCS games, but that is all they got.

They will also tell you that their greatest moment in their entire lives was that one time in modern history that Iowa beat DONU, which was like 80 or 81.

I know that there are at least 5 National Championship games in my life that I remember much more vividly than any of the games we played against the Squawks. The only thing I can remember from those games is when Crouch trucked Iowa's db, I couldn't even tell you the scores.

Since you brought it up, it most be posted.

I was sitting in that end zone that day. It was a good day.