Recruit not happy about the Marvin situation

If he's so mad then let him leave and release him from his LOI. If he isn't coming to PLAY FOR BO AND BE A HUSKER so be it. I would bet if he asked Bo for a release he would give it no problem. Fact is Sanders could have taken another job and left after signing day, not a big diff. Really, from the sounds of it it is nobody's fault but Wanders so if Charles wants to be mad then be mad at Sanders. Something tells me when Bo recruits he tells kids they are first and foremost commiting to the university and secondly to him! Ass't coaches can come and go. And in the end Bo couldn't really just say Sanders wont be around if this was a day by day developing thing in his personal life.

You don't see anything wrong with not even letting these guys know what was going on? I bet he would have still come to Nebraska if Bo would have just be straight forward and honest with him. The kid feels lied to and who can blame him...

Nope. Was he part of the team before wednesday? Hell, for all we know he could have up and signed with Arky. Why would you let kids who are not part of your team in on stuff like this. Too many of you on here are forgetting these kids weren't huskers until wednesday and could have went anywhere. You don't discuss family issues outside the family. Im sure he will be contacted shortly now and things will be fine. I for one wont get my panties in a bunch over an 18 year old kid who has never and may never see the field. Also, sounds like CJ should be worrying more bout himself and getting his academics in order instead of worrying about coaches.

Had to stop reading to reply to you..... CJ has been loyal to Nebraska and his pledge since announcing even with Arky still trying to get him. Which IMO made him a HUSKER!! So those family issues you speak on should have been told to him before NSD, just the part that says, "Sanders may not be with the program". As for the academic worries, there are known. FWIK he needs to maintain!

Setting aside any personal drama, the only relevant question, in my mind, is this: Did Bo and Marvin know Marvin was done prior to NSD? Seems very likely they did, which means they weren't fully honest with the recruits, and that's pretty disappointing.

Unless they became aware of it only during the dead period before nsd.

Here's how I see it since I'm close to the family. First Rick did a great job of PR on his sons behalf, nothing to add there, but I think the folks saying "you commit to a college, not some asst coach" are correct to a point. The commitment is to the University however you also have to have a connection with the Head Coach and your position Coach. I don't think anyone would go on an Official visit, not like the position Coach, and commit to that school. What alot of folks dont know is that LSU was very much in the picture for Jackson, but he didn't like the position coach, enjoyed the school and even Miles. In the beginning this does matter to recruits, so don't let that fool you. As for "Sandergate", it is what it is unfortunately, came out of left field for them and it did look foul, but if this decision happened through "dead period", Jackson couldn't be contacted. There's alot to speculate and I would have loved to be the fly on the wall when this all went down, but as Charles Jackson would say, "if I'm not worried about it, no one else should be".

I don't like how the situation went down, but none of us know the fine details beyond the whole resignation so I'll give Bo the benefit of the doubt and say he couldn't do anything about it. I hate how Bo handles the press, specifically the way he lies to the public, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would purposefully mislead recruits.

I think this is getting blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion. As long as he makes it here, it doesnt matter in the long run. I think it was more a matter that he was mad he wasn't notified immediately once Sanders resigned. I'm sure he had questions about it and I would be mad to if it took that long for someone to call after your lead recruiter is no longer there. I don't think it is such a big deal that he will back out of his LOI but its not a good start.

I think this is getting blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion. As long as he makes it here, it doesnt matter in the long run. I think it was more a matter that he was mad he wasn't notified immediately once Sanders resigned. I'm sure he had questions about it and I would be mad to if it took that long for someone to call after your lead recruiter is no longer there. I don't think it is such a big deal that he will back out of his LOI but its not a good start.

Once he finds out what Sanders did, then he will understand why he was forced to quit or be fired.

:yeah

I know everyone wants a fair shake in the world, and wants things to go as planned.

I have a bit of news for ya....

In the words of Denis Leary, "life sucks,get a f*ckin' helmet"

When the thread is posted, reviewing how we thought people did during the spring game, and you guys are either praising CJ or possibly ripping him up, this isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.

:yeah

I know everyone wants a fair shake in the world, and wants things to go as planned.

I have a bit of news for ya....

In the words of Denis Leary, "life sucks,get a f*ckin' helmet"

When the thread is posted, reviewing how we thought people did during the spring game, and you guys are either praising CJ or possibly ripping him up, this isn't going to make a damn bit of difference.

That is so true about him playing good or not....lol!! But let me say Jackson was not MAD, disappointed, but not mad like it's being said. He just wish it didn't come out of left field and no one called when the story broke to defuse the issue. I'm starting to agree this Dirk fellow must be out for Bo from what some have said here.