Brown to retire??

I wouldn't see his departure as a terribly big deal. He's a good position coach, but I could do without all the other (jesusy) baggage. As a tight ends coach, he wouldn't be difficult to replace.

You might do without it, but I guarantee that that "Jesusy baggage" is a HUGE selling point to many recruits and their families. Aaron Green I remember mentioned that his faith was a huge part in his decision and he knew he'd grow in that respect by coming to Nebraska. And how about all those Southern boys and their families? If you don't think that's an advantage in getting some of those kids here you're out of your mind.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't see his departure as a terribly big deal. He's a good position coach, but I could do without all the other (jesusy) baggage. As a tight ends coach, he wouldn't be difficult to replace.

You might do without it, but I guarantee that that "Jesusy baggage" is a HUGE selling point to many recruits and their families. Aaron Green I remember mentioned that his faith was a huge part in his decision and he knew he'd grow in that respect by coming to Nebraska. And how about all those Southern boys and their families? If you don't think that's an advantage in getting some of those kids here you're out of your mind.

:yeah

I can say with some certainty that's how Burkhead wound up here.

I understand that Ron Brown has been on the staff for a long time but I don't see him as very hard to replace. He is definitely a good recruiter for religious kids, but for every one of them there are a few for whom his message is a turn off. I know I would definitely be turned off by it.

• Fire 1