Brown to retire??

My only issue with Brown's authority and religiosity would be if there was any sense from guys in either his particular position or on the team as a whole that you had to be drinking the Jesus Juice to get ahead, or were made to worry about getting a fair shot for not taking part in the extra curriculars . I don't think and have no reason to think this is happening, but coaches are authority figures. Brown is very vocal about his religion even with the team. As long as that's all the further it goes––not a problem. Also not a problem to connect with recruits and inform them that there's a certain environment with the team that they'd be comfortable with.

My only issue with Brown's authority and religiosity would be if there was any sense from guys in either his particular position or on the team as a whole that you had to be drinking the Jesus Juice to get ahead, or were made to worry about getting a fair shot for not taking part in the extra curriculars . I don't think and have no reason to think this is happening, but coaches are authority figures. Brown is very vocal about his religion even with the team. As long as that's all the further it goes––not a problem. Also not a problem to connect with recruits and inform them that there's a certain environment with the team that they'd be comfortable with.

Yeah, there's a line that he can't cross. That's also federally mandated. I'm sure he knows this, and it doesn't appear to have been an issue in the past. I've never heard a rumor to that effect, anyway.

Seems to me we had another coach at Nebraska that made sure everyone knew his beliefs were the most important part of his life. That guy did not damage the Huskers at all during his entire time at the school. Damn I just wish I could remember who that guy was............................ :sarcasm

Oh yea I think he is the Athletic Director as well. Coaches with strong faith have served us well. I would not bag on a person because he lets it be known that he follows those beliefs.

GBR GBR GBR

It's not at all based on what he believes in. I am not real familiar with Ron Brown, but it isn't as if Bo, etc, are not also Christians. For some reason, Ron Brown has an additional reputation on top of this.

I think he has a valuable role to the team because of how his good relationships with players. That has nothing to do with race, religion, or anything like that. It's just who he is. I think he's a solid TEs coach and his intensity are great. I do think his recruiting is a bit overblown though. Yeah, there is a small percentage of recruits he connects really well with, but I don't think he recruits very much.

That would definitely depend on what you view Christianity as being. Most evangelicals would likely counter that his additional reputation for it isn't additional at all, it's proper reputation for someone that actually lives it out. I don't know any of the coaches on the staff personally and would never dream of making any judgments about where they are or are not spiritually, all I know is that Jesus and Paul both taught that Christians would be known to the world by the fruit they produce, and I see Ron Brown producing good fruit, I haven't yet witnessed that with anyone else on the coaching staff. Like I said, that could very well be because I am only a fan with no connections or no perspective, and I really, really pray that that would be the case :)

It's not at all based on what he believes in. I am not real familiar with Ron Brown, but it isn't as if Bo, etc, are not also Christians. For some reason, Ron Brown has an additional reputation on top of this.

I think he has a valuable role to the team because of how his good relationships with players. That has nothing to do with race, religion, or anything like that. It's just who he is. I think he's a solid TEs coach and his intensity are great. I do think his recruiting is a bit overblown though. Yeah, there is a small percentage of recruits he connects really well with, but I don't think he recruits very much.

That would definitely depend on what you view Christianity as being. Most evangelicals would likely counter that his additional reputation for it isn't additional at all, it's proper reputation for someone that actually lives it out. I don't know any of the coaches on the staff personally and would never dream of making any judgments about where they are or are not spiritually, all I know is that Jesus and Paul both taught that Christians would be known to the world by the fruit they produce, and I see Ron Brown producing good fruit, I haven't yet witnessed that with anyone else on the coaching staff. Like I said, that could very well be because I am only a fan with no connections or no perspective, and I really, really pray that that would be the case :)

There's a big difference between being a Christian and a bible thumper. Believe whatever you want to believe, but don't be shoving your beliefs down my throat. Oh yeah, and if I'm ever near your pastor, tell him to stay away from my zipper.

Organized religion is run by nothing but a bunch of tax ducking child molesters. I'll stop now.

There's a big difference between being a Christian and a bible thumper. Believe whatever you want to believe, but don't be shoving your beliefs down my throat. Oh yeah, and if I'm ever near your pastor, tell him to stay away from my zipper.

Organized religion is run by nothing but a bunch of tax ducking child molesters. I'll stop now.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it now...Please stop talking

I wasn't even remotely attempting to do anything of the sort, but you seem to be making some really wild accusations and assumptions about my beliefs. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) would like to talk about it, let's move it over here. :)

Back on topic. Knapp seems to get absurd amounts of +1 based on reputation alone, but his comment was still spot on in my opinion. Ron Brown is as Nebraskan as it gets, and there IS and always has been a difference between Nebraska and other big-time programs. That difference has to be preserved at all costs, if you ask me.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it now...Please stop talking

one mans bliss is anothers hell, that's all i will say on that, also inb4 the lock.

Yeah, every priest, rabbi, reverend, pastor, imam, and all the countless volunteers, organizers, planners, charity drivers, shelter workers, etc. etc. etc. are all child molesters. What a stupid f%&*ing statement that was. I guess because there are corrupt cops, crooked politicians and abusive fathers, all cops, politicians and fathers are bad too huh?

Yeah, every priest, rabbi, reverend, pastor, imam, and all the countless volunteers, organizers, planners, charity drivers, shelter workers, etc. etc. etc. are all child molesters. What a stupid f%&*ing statement that was. I guess because there are corrupt cops, crooked politicians and abusive fathers, all cops, politicians and fathers are bad too huh?

if you ask highschoolers they would say yes.

Good idea. It's bad enough already.