Bo: "No offensive staff openings" (Shatel Piece)

Huh. Hiring Els.

What do you know.

Seems to be glossed over, huh?

Seems like Els hasn't been hired yet, but I found it *extremely* interesting that he let Shatel know that he is "close" to hiring Els without specifying a time table.

Seems like Bo isn't even trying to go the 'no comment' route. You would think that falls in the neighborhood of "I haven't made any hires for the LB coach position."

Bo speaks truth. There are no offensive positions open right now. Not to say there won't be soon. But Watson gilmore cotton brown and beck are all on the payroll still. Officially we have no offensive openings. Is it ridiculous, yes. Is it true, yes.

Wrong.

https://employment.unl.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp

This on UNL's system. It's their job description on their Applicant Tracking System.

What if that posting is old (i.e. positions have already been filled)?

Once a job is filled the posting is removed/ closed. This is from their career site taken this evening. I doubt if they posted the job to collect resumes. This an open valid job at the Univ. of Nebraska at Lincoln.

Actually I was wrong. The VALID job description is not from an ATS. It's a job descrition most likely posted through their HRIS/ HRMS.

That's not true. Sadly, there are a handful of jobs that I have applied for in the last several months where the employer has contacted me to notify me that they have already hired another applicant, but the posting is still up (stating "open until filled"). And these are university jobs I have applied for.

I highly doubt they would forget to remove the football assistant coach application 3 weeks after the hiring is announced. You think the minute they hire someone its gonna disappear just like that, before its announced to the public. Considering how much attention it has gotten today they will probably let linger on their for a couple days after the decision is made. Then after the big press conference, they will take it off.

As I said before on this thread, I think Bo has already made the "hire" unofficially. I think this posting will disappear in a couple of days - however many days it needs to be posted in order to meet the university's HR requirements.

That posting isn't indicative that the job is currently open. It's a CYA move, nothing more. The only thing it signals to me is that the OC position will not be filled by Watson next year. As has been said, you could parse the words Bo said to mean that someone has already been "hired" for the position on a handshake deal.

That job posting isn't worth the electrons it inconvenienced to create it. It's just a bunch of 1's and 0's arranged in a certain way. Don't be fooled by it.

Wrong. It's a valid job description and Pelini knows about it and knows that it's out there. In the article he denies knowledge of the job description. He's lying. He knows it's out there.

1. When I asked Pelini about the job posting for an offensive coach on the UNL website, he said, "what job posting?'' Pelini said he didn't know anything about it, quickly adding, "That could be for an internship or it could be that (Jeff) Jamrog (assistant AD for football) put that up there. Sometimes when we have lower-level openings, we do that.''

Are there are any openings on Pelini's offensive staff, such as coordinator or receiver's coach?

"No, no offensive staff openings,'' Pelini said.

Regardless if the job(s) have been filled he knows about this job posting is out on their system. To assume he doesn't know it's out there is 100% wrong.

I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to conVince you of anything. All I can say is that your understanding of this situation is not entirely correct, and that's throwing your analysis off a little.

Carry on. ;)

Like every other post of mine, these are also rock solid. If they weren't I wouldn't post them. Why would I change my posts to be wrong so you could feel as though you are correct.

Again you're 100% wrong and no I'm not changing the facts so you can feel better.

Carrying On

Huh. Hiring Els.

What do you know.

Seems to be glossed over, huh?

Seems like Els hasn't been hired yet, but I found it *extremely* interesting that he let Shatel know that he is "close" to hiring Els without specifying a time table.

Seems like Bo isn't even trying to go the 'no comment' route. You would think that falls in the neighborhood of "I haven't made any hires for the LB coach position."

They're waiting on the due diligence stuff is all. Els is in the fold and will be announced sometime in the next few days. People have mentioned halftime of tomorrow's game but I don't think the ink will be dry yet.

I was under the impression that offensive changes were going to take more than a couple of weeks. I'm a little surprised by this posting online.

Bo speaks truth. There are no offensive positions open right now. Not to say there won't be soon. But Watson gilmore cotton brown and beck are all on the payroll still. Officially we have no offensive openings. Is it ridiculous, yes. Is it true, yes.

Wrong.

https://employment.unl.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp

This on UNL's system. It's their job description on their Applicant Tracking System.

What if that posting is old (i.e. positions have already been filled)?

Once a job is filled the posting is removed/ closed. This is from their career site taken this evening. I doubt if they posted the job to collect resumes. This an open valid job at the Univ. of Nebraska at Lincoln.

Actually I was wrong. The VALID job description is not from an ATS. It's a job descrition most likely posted through their HRIS/ HRMS.

That's not true. Sadly, there are a handful of jobs that I have applied for in the last several months where the employer has contacted me to notify me that they have already hired another applicant, but the posting is still up (stating "open until filled"). And these are university jobs I have applied for.

I highly doubt they would forget to remove the football assistant coach application 3 weeks after the hiring is announced. You think the minute they hire someone its gonna disappear just like that, before its announced to the public. Considering how much attention it has gotten today they will probably let linger on their for a couple days after the decision is made. Then after the big press conference, they will take it off.

As I said before on this thread, I think Bo has already made the "hire" unofficially. I think this posting will disappear in a couple of days - however many days it needs to be posted in order to meet the university's HR requirements.

There's a good chance the hire has been made. That wouldn't shock anybody. But Pelini denied he knows about the job descrition and that is a bold face lie.

Like every other post of mine, these are also rock solid. If they weren't I wouldn't post them. Why would I change my posts to be wrong so you could feel as though you are correct.

Again you're 100% wrong and no I'm not changing the facts so you can feel better.

Carrying On

I've missed being wrong like this. You don't post much anymore, so I end up being right more often by default. I take it you're back from your self-imposed hiatus and I'll be back to my normal wrong-headed ways again?

That posting isn't indicative that the job is currently open. It's a CYA move, nothing more. The only thing it signals to me is that the OC position will not be filled by Watson next year. As has been said, you could parse the words Bo said to mean that someone has already been "hired" for the position on a handshake deal.

That job posting isn't worth the electrons it inconvenienced to create it. It's just a bunch of 1's and 0's arranged in a certain way. Don't be fooled by it.

Wrong. It's a valid job description and Pelini knows about it and knows that it's out there. In the article he denies knowledge of the job description. He's lying. He knows it's out there.

1. When I asked Pelini about the job posting for an offensive coach on the UNL website, he said, "what job posting?'' Pelini said he didn't know anything about it, quickly adding, "That could be for an internship or it could be that (Jeff) Jamrog (assistant AD for football) put that up there. Sometimes when we have lower-level openings, we do that.''

Are there are any openings on Pelini's offensive staff, such as coordinator or receiver's coach?

"No, no offensive staff openings,'' Pelini said.

Regardless if the job(s) have been filled he knows about this job posting is out on their system. To assume he doesn't know it's out there is 100% wrong.

I know you well enough to know that I'm not going to conVince you of anything. All I can say is that your understanding of this situation is not entirely correct, and that's throwing your analysis off a little.

Carry on. ;)

Carrying On

:laughpound

knapplc is getting along with everyone today.

All I know is I am getting rather tired of Bo's borish attitude and what his reflection is on the University nationally. I have no problems with issues that we really don't need to know about. My problem with Bo is the lies that he generates. Sorry I said it. I really am having some issues with his stories. Carl accidently taking out a camera after the A&M game.. None of your business. His tirade with TMart had nothing to do with a cell phone. You don't need to talk to any players. He is really embarassing. He gets paid a lot of $$$ to not be such a p r i c k . It's part of his job. Just way to many issues. I love winning games and wanting to be a fan of a winning Husker program but I am having some issues with "at what cost". On a national perception Bo is a jerk and a psycho. If he was the coach anywhere else I would have to agree. In fact he is the coach at NU and I find him a jerk, a psycho, and way overpaid for losing 3 of the last 4 games. Perfection Bo? You aren't even close...

There's a good chance the hire has been made. That wouldn't shock anybody. But Pelini denied he knows about the job descrition and that is a bold face lie.

I assume you're not saying that Bo went and posted the opening on the computer system and then denied it. Pelini comes right out and says Jamrog may have posted that. So Bo very reasonably may not have known about the posting if someone (Jamrog? TO?) else did it.

I assume you're not saying that Bo went and posted the opening on the computer system and then denied it. Pelini comes right out and says Jamrog may have posted that. So Bo very reasonably may not have known about the posting if someone (Jamrog? TO?) else did it.

I believe what Vince is saying is that Bo is not only the Head Coach, he's also the university's webmaster, so if anything gets posted it's done by his own hand, and he therefore knows. ;)

Unfortunately the real problem is trust, faith, honesty.

Two weeks ago, not a single person on this board, had a negative thing to say about Bo. If a misgiving was mentioned that individual was normally chastized about it.

Now nearly all on the board are disappointed in our head coach, and I am sure quite a few of the newly signed players are not impressed by his actions or in the long run the University's.

The long term situation may give him less support on other actions down the road. He needs to be honest to the fans and the players. Technicalities to be screwed. He does not have to tell us what he is doing, but he never has the right to bold face lie to the fans or the recruits. This situation could have long lasting affect on his credibility from the fans, but most of all the future potential recruits.

I would guess, Coach Osborne will be saying something soon, either to Bo or to the fan base. I thinkt is is nearly to the point that it is needed.

• Fire 1

Carrying On

I've missed being wrong like this. You don't post much anymore, so I end up being right more often by default. I take it you're back from your self-imposed hiatus and I'll be back to my normal wrong-headed ways again?

Excuse me for having a life and not depending on HuskerBoard as my sole or major source of entertainment. As for me being back, don't worry about it. I'll come and go as I please and when I do, I be like I've always been - to the point, matter of fact, and spot on.

As for you living here, congrats - I guess.

• Fire 3

Yeah - so the first one to tell him about the job descrption is Shatel? Come on Man!

Luckily, the average Nebraska fan doesn't get worked up into a frenzy every time Bo takes a crap, like everyone around here seems to.

This board can be quite embarrassing.

If possible I would have given you a plus 5. This is almost copy and paste from like 3 other threads.

BTW- did you all miss this?

2. Pelini had an agreement with Indiana coach Kevin Wilson not to say anything about assistant coach Corey Raymond coming to NU until Raymond had officially been hired. Wilson jumped the gun and confirmed the hire on Wednesday, national signing day, putting Pelini in a tough spot because he couldn't comment on Marvin Sanders' status.

3. Pelini said Sanders' future was not officially wrapped up until Thursday. Pelini said he was not at liberty to discuss Sanders and refused to comment on Sanders any further than his statement on Thursday.

5. Pelini wouldn't comment on Scott Frost or any of the other speculation involving possible offensive coordinators or assistants. However, he said there could be some staff movement next week.

Do you not see that he is being completely literal with his answers, based on contractual start dates and official announcements and doing everything in a "by the book" fashion. If you understand points 2 and 3 and then read point 5 none of this is a problem.

Some of you (currently being outvoted 3 to 1 in the teleconference poll) really seem to be stuck on this.

Those of you that think TO will step and and deal with your imaginary problem will probably be disappointed. I'd guess he has been part of decisions and information control all along.

• Fire 4

Guys, this isn't even that interesting. Maybe it's that I now expect way too little from our head coach, or maybe I'm just amused at the fact that he thinks he can say "There are no offensive staff openings," and thinks that'll just tidy things up, nice and clean-like.

I mean, admit it: On some level, how our coach is acting is pretty adorable... It's like he doesn't even know the internet exists.

• Fire 2