OWH -Shatel

da skers

this was nice to see since they've been riding Bo's jock and trying to use his nuts as a punching bag lately.

From OWH.

Get me rewrite on that fairy tale. According to two sources close to the situation, Scott Frost is not coming back to Nebraska to take the job that, you know, is not open yet.

Some immediate thoughts:

1. There’s no controversy here. Frost is not being shunned by Nebraska nor is he turning his back on his alma mater. Frost wanted to call the plays — for the job that’s not open yet — and Bo Pelini was never going to agree to that. Neither man is wrong. There’s no bad guy.

LINK

I hope after TO's call reminding them they'd never treat him with this little respect it opened up their eyes a bit. . however these blowhards have short memories. And it looks like Bo meet them 1/2 way. I hope we have more love than hate going forward. It also seems maybe just maybe they might understand where Bo is coming from. Too bad they blew up and started a controversy. Remember the first impression is the impression that the majority of people are going to believe despite if its true or not and no matter how hard someone tries to retract things.

this was nice to see since they've been riding Bo's jock and trying to use his nuts as a punching bag lately.

From OWH.

Get me rewrite on that fairy tale. According to two sources close to the situation, Scott Frost is not coming back to Nebraska to take the job that, you know, is not open yet.

Some immediate thoughts:

1. There’s no controversy here. Frost is not being shunned by Nebraska nor is he turning his back on his alma mater. Frost wanted to call the plays — for the job that’s not open yet — and Bo Pelini was never going to agree to that. Neither man is wrong. There’s no bad guy.

LINK

You might want to axe most of the article and link it before you have the citation nazis on you.

In the 47 seconds that article was up I already had a report on it. We simply cannot copypasta an entire article, especially from the Old Weird Harold. They are watching forums and have already contacted us about content taken from their site.

Nobody wants to be a netcop. But nobody wants HuskerBoard sued, either.

Personally, I don't link to their articles at all anymore. If they want to play hardball (which right I support, mind you), then there's no reason to give them free advertising on HuskerBoard. Nothing they write about can't be found somewhere else, either at the LJS, Sam McKewon, Eric Olson or some other source. I'd rather link to the Albuquerque Picayune than the OWH.

I always find it ironic they get all indignant even when it was stated where this was from. After all a very large portion of what makes it into a paper is copied word for word from another source but they add a paragraph or quote and they can call it their own without siting the source they took it from. It used to happen to me all the time when I covered sports. I'd be the only reporter there covering say "track" and a new record would be set. I'd write the story, take the picture then see it in 3 other papers word for word but they'd add a quote from the coach or the person who set the records and because of that they could put their name on it as if they wrote the story.

In the 47 seconds that article was up I already had a report on it. We simply cannot copypasta an entire article, especially from the Old Weird Harold. They are watching forums and have already contacted us about content taken from their site.

Personally, I don't link to their articles at all anymore. If they want to play hardball (which right I support, mind you), then there's no reason to give them free advertising on HuskerBoard. Nothing they write about can't be found somewhere else, either at the LJS, Sam McKewon, Eric Olson or some other source. I'd rather link to the Albuquerque Picayune than the OWH.

Their writing staff is pretty mediocre anyway. Not much of a loss, IMO.

I always find it ironic they get all indignant even when it was stated where this was from. After all a very large portion of what makes it into a paper is copied word for word from another source but they add a paragraph or quote and they can call it their own without siting the source they took it from. It used to happen to me all the time when I covered sports. I'd be the only reporter there covering say "track" and a new record would be set. I'd write the story, take the picture then see it in 3 other papers word for word but they'd add a quote from the coach or the person who set the records and because of that they could put their name on it as if they wrote the story.

I used to work in TV sports myself. Always found it odd that the competition could do a story, the AP would grab it, then we could take the AP's version, and vice versa. Of course we were better, so much more of the vice versa :) . Much smaller and condensed, but they we got it. Honestly, without the AP newspapers would be even thinner than they are now. It seems like half of the content isn't theirs, or 'is' with their name on it and the free AP info.

I would actually find this rather amusing in a sporting sense. I'd love to see who would volunteer for the legal team. Would another "starting lineup" "legal style" vote take place? I vote Tuff Tiger as Stenographer and nominate myself to be Johnnie Cochran.

I hope after TO's call reminding them they'd never treat him with this little respect it opened up their eyes a bit. . however these blowhards have short memories. And it looks like Bo meet them 1/2 way. I hope we have more love than hate going forward. It also seems maybe just maybe they might understand where Bo is coming from. Too bad they blew up and started a controversy. Remember the first impression is the impression that the majority of people are going to believe despite if its true or not and no matter how hard someone tries to retract things.

So TO called the OWH huh? Interesting...was this reported anywhere i missed or is this just your info, which we all appreciate by the way, you seem to be spot on.

If Pelini is hiring a replacement for Shawn Watson — more on that later — then the head coach needs to hire someone he trusts and is entirely comfortable with. It’s a big hire. Pelini knows Frost, but not that well. He likes him. He’d like Frost to join the staff, but not in top gun capacity. Again, nothing wrong with that. Pelini’s job isn’t to surround himself with Husker heroes. His job is to win. He has to feel good about the way he does that.

This is the key. A LOT of folks want SF to come back to NU to coach. I want him. But the program is bigger than Scott Frost. It's not a stepping stone for him. It's unfortunate if Frost chooses not to coach at Nebraska because (if?) he feels it would impede his career progress to make a lateral move. Or because he doesn't get the promotion he wants. Who knows? Maybe someday another opportunity will present itself and he will end up an NU. If not, we'll do just fine without him.

Exactly right. I've never heard of any news source acting like the OWH. Remind me to never buy one of their papers ever again.

Alright, no more linky from me to the Weird Harold. Ive been pissed at them ever since the sunday paper went to $2 as well. Its not like the news is any better on that day, im just paying for all the ads. Thats horsehooey.

The couple articles that do get posted here have to end up driving more traffic to their website. What a bunch of jackballs.

I wish we could find a way to counter some of those columns that seems like they were lifted right off a hot thread in a forum.

I wish we could find a way to counter some of those columns that seems like they were lifted right off a hot thread in a forum.

I will double-dog guarantee you that the writers from LJS, OWH, ESPN, CBS, etc look at message boards for material. The larger organizations probably have interns do the trolling, but what we say here and on HuskerMax and HI and other forums gets read, and it ends up coloring some of the articles.

• Fire 1