With All these Qb's who'll switch positions?

Like someone else said, I think Turner already is more polished as a passer than Martinez. At least looking at his high school film. His HS coach even switched some stuff around in their offense to feature more passing if I remember correctly, to get him more prepared to play QB in college. I can see him playing WR really early in his career, like the original plan for Bobby Newcombe, but I see him as a QB for sure. For all the hype Starling gets, Turner seems to have had much more "actual" QB experience in high school than Starling did. Starling is a freak of an athlete, but he was kinda more of a one man running show than a true QB. Of course, who knows if he even comes at all, but I'd move him to WR permanently before I moved Turner.

Carnes takes the job.

Martinez goes crying back to daddy and some unfortunate Cal school.

Green is back up for good but a good one, mostly because of his willingness to help teach his understanding of the game.

Bubba is Carl Crawford Jr.

Turner starts some games at WE next year.

Spano and Kellogg....thanks for comin to practice

I honetsly do not see any of the QB's swapping postitions, not to say that some will not see the field either. Just look at RB and the depth problems we have had over the years. If the coaches learned anything the past couple of years its that you need a solid #1, #2 and #3 otherwise you have to change everything when #1 goes down. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

• Fire 1

I honetsly do not see any of the QB's swapping postitions, not to say that some will not see the field either. Just look at RB and the depth problems we have had over the years. If the coaches learned anything the past couple of years its that you need a solid #1, #2 and #3 otherwise you have to change everything when #1 goes down. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

Yeah and no ones gonna bow out unless it's a transfer.

I might get flamed for this, but... can we consider Burkhead as a potential QB yet?

Whether they play zone read or spread this next year, hasn't Burkhead proven that he can handle being behind the center enough to give him a shot at something other than an occasional switch to shake up the opposing defense? He was, in my mind, the most solid performer on the team last year, and did next to nothing that I didn't like. He ran well, he played QB well, he didn't cough up the ball, he consistently made plays. Despite all of the new blood and competition coming in, I think they're wasting Burkhead's talent judging by what he's done for the team the last few years.

I have to wonder if Bubba would be this hyped if he was coming out of Texas instead of Kansas. From what I've heard and seen, Jamal Turner is just as good a football player as Bubba. I wouldn't be so quick to rule him out as a QB.

Also, it's nice to hear the phrase "with all these QBs..."

Yeah. It's also nice that most of our QBs are athletic enough to play one or more different positions. It's almost like having extra guys on the team.

...yes, at the expense of not having that many true QBs when you get down to it.

We can't be saying "with all these QBs", not nearly. We might be scary thin - or at least surprisingly so - next year. I hope it's the latter and not the former. Will depend on how unknowns step up.

And Bubba, his hype I think is less about technical football skill and more about insane size/speed combination. Kid's a beast.

I think we're recruiting the right kind of QBs for the direction we're headed. They may not be "true" QBs in your eyes, but they're most likely the kind we need.

We still may be a little thin, but not as thin as we've been for the last several years. Youth and inexperience could hold us back, but that's been the case since Joe graduated. At least we're pretty deep with raw talent to mold over the next few years.

Yeah, I’m glad to see we’re getting the QBs to fit our system. Even though——per Zoogies——our QBs are not “true” QBs. I guess in the same sense that Michael Vick, Vince Young and David Garrard are not “true” QBs.

What exactly is a true QB in college football? Is it a Blaine Gabbert? Or, is it a Cam Newton or Pryor? Tommie Frazier, was he a true QB even thouh he couldn't pass a lick? A true college QB is a field general. A guy who gets it done whether it be with his arm, his legs, or his ability to read a defense and put his receivers and running backs in a position for gains.

• Fire 3

What exactly is a true QB in college football? Is it a Blaine Gabbert? Or, is it a Cam Newton or Pryor? Tommie Frazier, was he a true QB even thouh he couldn't pass a lick? A true college QB is a field general. A guy who gets it done whether it be with his arm, his legs, or his ability to read a defense and put his receivers and running backs in a position for gains.

BOOM! +1 to you my friend.

yeah, well said.