With All these Qb's who'll switch positions?

don't you think martinez would rather transfer than play a different position at nebraska?

No evidence either way on that.

We do have evidence that Cody Green approached the staff talking about possibly moving to TE last year, so that's one.

Here's where I see everyone in 2011:

Taylor Martinez - The starting position is his to lose all year.

Cody Green - #1A backup, most likely to switch positions

Brion Carnes - #1B backup, most likely to take over TMart's gig

Kody Spano - Likely will never take another snap at NU. Knees.

Ron Kellogg III - LaTravis Washington 2.0 Nice guy, won't see the field.

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

Bubba Starling - Signs with the Cubs as the #9 pick in the MLB draft.

Well done, cannot find an arguement with any of that!

Jamal Turner will be a reciever... The way he plays is electric, reminds me of a great receiver. Don't automatically tout him as a quarterback just because he played it in high school. In high school the smartest thing u can do is get your best player the ball every possible chance, if he CAN play quarterback he WILL play quarterback. Plus he played WR in the under armour game and he was given high regard from press, coaches, but more importantantly, the secondary players he went up against said he was a dam fool to play anything other than WR. Just because Scott frost played qb for us doesn't mean he can help an NFL team as quarterback in the same way.... very similar situation.

I don't see Jamal Turner being fast enough to play the WR spot in college football. That being said, i don't see him playing CB either, maybe a S/LB hybrid if Bubba Starling decides to stick around at NU. If Bubbe goes pro this June, then i think Turner will work his way into some playing time after Spano leaves.

Funny thing is I was reading Codys stats the other day on paper he looks like a great QB. A guy whos undefeated and a QB rating over 150 chuckleshuffle

... He doesn't have a QB rating over 150. In 2010 it was 115.77, and in 2009 it was 100.37.

For reference, Zac Lee's rating in 2009 was 126.89 and Taylor Martinez's rating in 2010 was 138.78.

I think it would be interesting to look at Cody at tight end or wide receiver, but I'm afraid that we're about one year away from having the kind of depth at QB that would make that move possible.

I think Turner will never play a down at NU as a QB. I think he will go the way of Sheppard at LSU and turn into a WR. He may get the spring to practice QB but I don’t think it will stick and from the looks of his tape he is someone that can come right in and help our offense in someway shape or form.

I agree with this. I think he will work his way onto the field as a WR/Wildcat QB (like Randall Cobb) with a package of plays. REALLY helps having him in for spring ball. I think he will play as a true frosh and have an impact.

I would be surprised if Starling even comes to fall practice, and signs with an MLB team. I am not sure about Cody relocating, but you never know.

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

Agree for the most part knapplc. My thing with Kody is that I can see him moving onto more of a Blake Lawrence type deal. Ya know injuries cut the playing days off and still has a pretty good role within the team and the staff. Like you said he will probably never see the field. Great guy, and crappy situation but I wish he'd move to the med scholly like Blake did and do the same kind of thing. This kid probably could be a great coach someday if he wants and this would only help.

As for Turner. I think he already looks better throwing the ball than Taylor. His open field moves dominate Taylor's lack of. Taylor probably is just a little quicker. He will be on the field in some role next year is my guess. But I believe he will be a QB when all is said and done.

The Cubs part is AWESOME, but alas I can't see the Royals passing

I have to wonder if Bubba would be this hyped if he was coming out of Texas instead of Kansas. From what I've heard and seen, Jamal Turner is just as good a football player as Bubba. I wouldn't be so quick to rule him out as a QB.

Also, it's nice to hear the phrase "with all these QBs..."

Yeah. It's also nice that most of our QBs are athletic enough to play one or more different positions. It's almost like having extra guys on the team.

I have to wonder if Bubba would be this hyped if he was coming out of Texas instead of Kansas. From what I've heard and seen, Jamal Turner is just as good a football player as Bubba. I wouldn't be so quick to rule him out as a QB.

Yeah. It's also nice that most of our QBs are athletic enough to play one or more different positions. It's almost like having extra guys on the team.

...yes, at the expense of not having that many true QBs when you get down to it.

We can't be saying "with all these QBs", not nearly. We might be scary thin - or at least surprisingly so - next year. I hope it's the latter and not the former. Will depend on how unknowns step up.

And Bubba, his hype I think is less about technical football skill and more about insane size/speed combination. Kid's a beast.

Funny thing is I was reading Codys stats the other day on paper he looks like a great QB. A guy whos undefeated and a QB rating over 150 chuckleshuffle

That is funny, because his QB rating last year was 115, and in 2009 was 100. Below the primary starter each year.

115 is still a good rating continue reaching.

That is funny, because his QB rating last year was 115, and in 2009 was 100. Below the primary starter each year.

115 is still a good rating continue reaching.

No, it really isn't. I was looking at QB ratings for last year and there were 116 that had enough snaps to qualify. IF he had played enough to qualify, he would have ranked 100th. That is not good. Nice try though.

Taylor Martinez ranked 39th in QB rating with a 138.8 rating.

don't you think martinez would rather transfer than play a different position at nebraska?

No evidence either way on that.

We do have evidence that Cody Green approached the staff talking about possibly moving to TE last year, so that's one.

Jamal Turner - Redshirt

Returns to NU at 28, after an okay MLB career, to lead us to a National Championship a-la Chris Weinke. :)

I doubt cubs pick him up. They don't want to deal with Boras. My bet he goes to Mets.

...yes, at the expense of not having that many true QBs when you get down to it.

We can't be saying "with all these QBs", not nearly. We might be scary thin - or at least surprisingly so - next year. I hope it's the latter and not the former. Will depend on how unknowns step up.

And Bubba, his hype I think is less about technical football skill and more about insane size/speed combination. Kid's a beast.

I think we're recruiting the right kind of QBs for the direction we're headed. They may not be "true" QBs in your eyes, but they're most likely the kind we need.

We still may be a little thin, but not as thin as we've been for the last several years. Youth and inexperience could hold us back, but that's been the case since Joe graduated. At least we're pretty deep with raw talent to mold over the next few years.