Kansas st, Kansas and Baylor

All 3 of those are guaranteed wins. Baylor got beat by Texas A&M 16-13 today, but A&M played like crap. Kansas, well lets just say the secondary is VERY week and the offensive line is vulnerable to the blitz. Kansas St on the other hand is playing like crap. 46 yards of total offense in the first half against Oklahoma (21 passing, 25 rushing)??? If they play like that all year, we will kill them in Lincoln. Missouri also looked like crap today. The only games looking tough this year are Texas Tech, OU and Colorado. Luckily we get 2 of those 3 at home

###### Posted: Oct 1 2005, 07:29 PM 

All 3 of those are guaranteed wins. Baylor got beat by Texas A&M 16-13 today, but A&M played like crap. Kansas, well lets just say the secondary is VERY week and the offensive line is vulnerable to the blitz. Kansas St on the other hand is playing like crap. 46 yards of total offense in the first half against Oklahoma (21 passing, 25 rushing)??? If they play like that all year, we will kill them in Lincoln. Missouri also looked like crap today. The only games looking tough this year are Texas Tech, OU and Colorado. Luckily we get 2 of those 3 at home

thought baylor actually played pretty well shutting down A&M's offense considering how well they have been playing, they maybe someone to actually worry about some IMO.

There is no way guaranteed win and this husker team should ever be mentioned together. In case you didn't see the ball game, or understand it for that matter, ISU showed a very soft defense, and was an overall overrated team. Once we dig into the Big 12 schedule deeper, teams will stop our passing and then what? 37 yards on the ground-that just wont get it done. Next week could be ugly, and I am not looking forward to Baylor in Waco-upset alert right there. KU, MU, and CU will all be extremely tough games, and we have yet to see how this team responds to adversity and a hostile environment. All I am saying, is that there will be a rocky road to come. Either way, GBR!

I agree with what previous posters have said, there is no such thing as a guarantee for this Husker team, at least not yet. You know what, I kinda like it. It makes the anticipation for the game and the enjoyment of being there that much more awesome. Yesterday's game was awesome. The way the team is pulling together is showing that they can and will do what it takes to get a W and that shows a boatload of character and a positive attitude. As much as some of you may hate to hear or admit to it, that positive attitude comes from their coaching. I realize they are only 4-0, but this team seems light years ahead of last year's in terms of playing together and getting it done. The rest of the year should be a fun ride!

###### Posted: Oct 1 2005, 07:29 PM 

thought baylor actually played pretty well shutting down A&M's offense considering how well they have been playing, they maybe someone to actually worry about some IMO.

Good point...I will not take any game as a "sure thing" this year.. Texas tech has classaic let down written all over it.

I agree with DJR and Huskerfan66. This team should not look at the schedule and see any guaranteed wins. That's when you get in trouble.

So far, from what I have seen and heard, there is no way this team is looking past ANY team on their schedule. To do so would be dumb.

I seriously doubt the team or the staff are thinking certain wins. I watched the Missouri game. They were in it and played Texas tough. Texas could not move the ball on them. Both teams were having turnover problems early but Texas was able to take advantage. Had Missouri taken advantage it could have been closer at the end. Smith is very mobile and Woods is the real deal.

Baylor went into A&M and played lites out football. That is supposed to be the one of the toughest places to play. Baylor has bought in I think. KState is KState and they will give us a game as they always do.

We made some strides today, but I still say our toughest game is this weekend. I doubt we get by Tech, but I think the rest are all possible wins. But this staff went after Iowa State totally different than most would have. It worked and gave our offense some confidence. Who knows, thats why we play the games.

Great win yesterday. I am coming around on believeing this D is for real.