How long do you give this new regime?

eoltmer

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As stated on a previous thread and a side from the official presser it looks like we have narrowed the list of hires. Just a quick rundown of predicted staffing in case you haven't been following along.

HC: Bo Pelini

OC/QB: Tim Beck

RB: Richard Fisher

WR/TE: Ron Brown

OL: Barney Cotton

OL: Jon Garrison

DC/DL: Carl Pelini

DE/ST: John Papuchis

LB: Ross Els

DB: Corey Raymond

GA: Ross Watsn

GA: Curt Baldus

So how long will you give this current line up and what are your expectations from each of them?

2 Years. If we dont see HUGE improvement on the offensive side of the ball then this whole staff, Bo included, should be gone. At that point we bring in Scott Frost as head coach chuckleshuffle Seriously though, 2 years. This is put up or shut up time for Bo, especially with these hires that lack the wow factor.

why does this feel like your first lab experiment in school?......you know, the one that blew up in your face.

• Fire 1

2 Years. If we dont see HUGE improvement on the offensive side of the ball then this whole staff, Bo included, should be gone. At that point we bring in Scott Frost as head coach chuckleshuffle Seriously though, 2 years. This is put up or shut up time for Bo, especially with these hires that lack the wow factor.

You're failing to realize just how hard it is to find a coach that has the wow factor. I think most of these hires (if they come to reality) will be overall good for the program. We're not going to be able to hire a Malzahn or any other big name coaches for that same reason: they got their name for making their current program successful, why would they want to leave?

The only disappointing thing to me was that we didn't want to give Frost playcalling duties.

You're failing to realize just how hard it is to find a coach that has the wow factor. I think most of these hires (if they come to reality) will be overall good for the program. We're not going to be able to hire a Malzahn or any other big name coaches for that same reason: they got their name for making their current program successful, why would they want to leave?

The only disappointing thing to me was that we didn't want to give Frost playcalling duties.

and for that i am glad......2 years as a WR coach is nothing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say as long as TO is the AD Bo's job is here as long as he wants to stay. I don't see TO firing Bo.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that TO's days as AD are numbered. couple years TOPS. 3 years from now there will be a new AD in that office. They'll get 2 years just because of the change/schedule. If they don't produce in 2013 - whole staff will be gone.

and for that i am glad......2 years as a WR coach is nothing.

It isn't a whole lot of experience, and maybe different people at Oregon deserve more credit than Frost for their success on the field the last two years. I think when most people see Frost's name, they remember how good of a player he was...now that's good and all, but that doesn't mean he is a great playcaller. I would've loved to have him as the WR coach, but he didn't want to make a lateral move, even if it were to move back to his home, Nebraska

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say as long as TO is the AD Bo's job is here as long as he wants to stay. I don't see TO firing Bo.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that TO's days as AD are numbered. couple years TOPS. 3 years from now there will be a new AD in that office. They'll get 2 years just because of the change/schedule. If they don't produce in 2013 - whole staff will be gone.

I suppose it all comes down to the definition of produce. Yeah, a losing season or two I'm sure would doom them. If you take the last two years, we've won our division within our conference. If they replicate similar results but go no further, I'm not sure they'll be replaced in two years. There might become a time where Bo must once again overhaul his offensive staff, but I think he's got quite a bit of rope to hang himself with. I don't think the university has him on a real tight leash yet.