The 50 Most Important Moments in College Football

ladyhawke

I think the 95 Husker team would choke the life outta the '01 Canes team. It would be fairly close at halftime, then the ground and pound would become too much for those coke snorting, hepatitis stripper banging 'Canes.

And, as previously mentioned, it is the Bleacher Report, so 90% of the poll is crap.

I don't think that it would even be close at half time. I really think that if those two teams were to play it would be a blowout just like the 96 Fiesta Bowl with Miami filling in for Florida.

I'm not sure if OU even deserved to be in that bowl to be honest...

I truly think people over exaggerate the importance of that game

Uh, OU won the conference championship, who deserved to represent the Big 12 in the Fiesta?

It was an important game because again, if Boise had been blown out it would have been the end of the non-AQ debate for a long while. If you hate the BCS, non-AQs getting the screw job with no legitimate road to a national championship is one argument that may help end it some day. Take that away and it's easier for the BCS to limp along with tweaks. Being that that the BCS is the most controversial topic in contemporary college football and the 2007 Fiesta Bowl had a huge impact on the perception of non-AQs, I don't see how it was rated so low.

Soryy don't know how I ended up with a triple post (important moment 51&52 I guess)

To me: Good games are just that but Important is different ... Fist TV game at 23, probably top 5.

Texas contract ..... sorry not a historical moment .. the Notre Dame TV deal or the Big 10 Network both come first. B10 probably before ND. BCS is a big deal (Of course so was Enron) not all big deals are good. First radio brodcast at 50 their kidding right, top 10 at least. As long as McCoy and Bush are in than Frazier should be. Over all ok list but I think they lost focus on what historical is. The GA Tech victory was cool.

I think the BYU NC should be a top 20, this was the thing that big time programs could not live with and was a huge inspiration for the BSCS.

(Please delete the next 2 posts I made somehow)

To have the 2001 Miami Hurricane team and the 2010 Auburn Tigers within the mix but not including the 95' Huskers is a complete joke. EPIC FAIL

No kidding plus Nebraska moving to the Big 10 was much bigger news than Tebow's speech. The author must be an SEC man/woman?

Or worse...a bleacher report writer!

:ahhhhhhhh

lol...agreed...they suck...

The Bluegrass miracle?

Tim Tebow speech?

Texas's TV contract?

Auburns National Championship?

What a pile of crap, maybe the worst list I have ever seen.

So who is that on your number 2 most wanted? I recognize the other 3 but not him...

LB Kwon Alexander from Alabama.

I can understand why someone who's not a fan of the Huskers would think that 1995 Nebraska wasn't an "important moment." 1995 was a terrifying ride through the landscape of college football where one team annihilated everyone/everything in its path. It was the college football equivalent of Sherman's March, where a superior force utterly humiliated and demoralized their opponent in every engagement. I can imagine how non-Husker fans would want to diminish that accomplishment.

I imagine most of the college football world would just as soon forget 1995 ever happened.