Rivals Pre-Spring Practice Top 25

Nexus

I guess with a solid defense, we're going to be continually overrated. Hope this kids can keep the hype from going to their heads.

If I were the coaching staff and thought at all that the hype was getting to the heads of the players, I would play the Bowl game on a TV in a constant loop in the locker room so that the players would always see it and hear it in the background so that they would remember what lack of focus and arrogance gets you. That would cure any overconfidence any of them might have.

Too high. Hopefully we can earn that kind of ranking, though. Anyone else notice that Auburn, the national champions, are nowhere to be found?

Wow you're right! I can't believe they don't even mention them in the top 25, yet have Arizona St. up there. I know they are losing their star offensive and defensive player, but they had a great recruiting class, and have a VERY talented RB in Michael Dyer.

Doubt seriously that any team, let alone this team, will let any pre-season ranking go to their heads. You don't lose 3 of your last 4 in such a helpless manner and come out with a big head. The team will be focused and excited to earn respect on the field, not in the polls.

But speaking of polls, anyone think that Alabama is insanely overrated? I just don't see how you can lose your three best play makers on offense at the QB, RB, and WR positions and be expected to do BETTER than last season. Their D may be excellent, but they have a lot to replace on O.

Doubt seriously that any team, let alone this team, will let any pre-season ranking go to their heads. You don't lose 3 of your last 4 in such a helpless manner and come out with a big head. The team will be focused and excited to earn respect on the field, not in the polls.

But speaking of polls, anyone think that Alabama is insanely overrated? I just don't see how you can lose your three best play makers on offense at the QB, RB, and WR positions and be expected to do BETTER than last season. Their D may be excellent, but they have a lot to replace on O.

Their recent recruiting classes probably justify this. You have to assume they've got a stockpile of tallent waiting on the bench.

I think people see Top 10 and think we will finish Top 10. Much like last year, folks saw us at Top 15 and felt we should finish in the Top 15, but after seeing Martinez run, we all thought hell, Top 5 should be in the cards. Folks again see us Top 10 and think that is where we will finish. I don't believe that for a second, we will more than likely finish in the Top 20, if we are lucky to get 8 wins with an offense no one knows what it is going to be, a rebuilding secondary and bulking up LB corp.