With All the QB Threads

walksalone

I am not sure what to expect. Can you imagine what the other Big 10 teams are thinking right now? New team, new coaches, new offense. The Big Red training camp will show you nothing but smoke and mirrors during the Red and White game. I don't think we will know much about our offense until Oct. 1st vs. Wisc.

I see where you're going with this, and that's a good point. But I can't help but think that we will need every second of practice we can get just to master whatever scheme we're going to run. If that means showing our "new" stuff in the Spring Game, then I say we do it, and don't worry about hiding anything.

Who knows, it might be until October 1st, until the "Death Star" is fully operational...

In that analogy, would Martinez' ankle be the exhaust port at the end of the trench? It's way smaller than a womp rat.

Hold that thought while I go down to the Tosche station to pick up some power converters.

I guess that would make Dan Beebe General Ackbar and UT the ewoks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

Are we going to have the same scenario as last year. We'll find out who's going to run the offense 5 minutes before the game, and sit there with a "what the hell is going on" look on our faces?

With the changes that have been made on the offensive side of the ball, will they still want to roll with T-Mart?

Are we going to have the same scenario as last year. We'll find out who's going to run the offense 5 minutes before the game, and sit there with a "what the hell is going on" look on our faces? Bo hasn't done anything since Fall 2010 to indicate he is going to throw anyone a bone until 5 minutes before the game. I don't see how it could be any different from now until kickoff.

With the changes that have been made on the offensive side of the ball, will they still want to roll with T-Mart? I think the staff changes make it easier to deal with T-Mart. If it works out...good. If it doesn't...'he doesn't fit this system'. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches know pretty early what they want to do while we all thrash it out here for next 6 months.

I was killing some time this afternoon watching youtube videos, and happened to stumble on some TMAGIC highlights. Needless to say, I'm jacked.

But seriously...to think he doesn't have the upperhand to start no matter what system we run...a year of experience goes a long way

Didn't we think the same thing, about the same time last year, about Mr. Lee?

I am not sure what to expect. Can you imagine what the other Big 10 teams are thinking right now? New team, new coaches, new offense. The Big Red training camp will show you nothing but smoke and mirrors during the Red and White game. I don't think we will know much about our offense until Oct. 1st vs. Wisc.

I'd rather we be good at something rather than the opponent not knowing what we're going to run.

Amen.

That statement is so on the money in so many different ways.

I was killing some time this afternoon watching youtube videos, and happened to stumble on some TMAGIC highlights. Needless to say, I'm jacked.

But seriously...to think he doesn't have the upperhand to start no matter what system we run...a year of experience goes a long way

Lee did have the upperhand to start, but his injuries slowed him down. All I'm saying is that it will be very tough for one of the young guns to unseat him, no matter how talented they are

Lee did have the upperhand to start, but his injuries slowed him down. All I'm saying is that it will be very tough for one of the young guns to unseat him, no matter how talented they are

Martinez is pretty injury prone as well if you ask me. I highly doubt he will make it an entire season without at least 1 or 2 blown tires with the way he runs. It will happen eventually...

The people clamoring for one of the newcomers to start might have their dreams come true.

Every Husker fan saw what happened to this offense once Martinez was injured - it sputtered. If Martinez has another leg or foot related problem this year that hampers his running ability, he could sit out again for an extended period of time. This will be especially true if his pocket presence and passing accuracy don't improve over the off season.

Given this, we all know how the coaches have toppled from one side to the other on Green. I don't think any of the young guys would supersede Green, but it's possible we could see one of them late in a game if Martinez does get hurt again.

I'll say the same thing I said early in 2010, however - I want the best guy for the job to start. I don't care what his name is or the number he wears on his back.

The people clamoring for one of the newcomers to start might have their dreams come true.

Every Husker fan saw what happened to this offense once Martinez was injured - it sputtered. If Martinez has another leg or foot related problem this year that hampers his running ability, he could sit out again for an extended period of time. This will be especially true if his pocket presence and passing accuracy don't improve over the off season.

Given this, we all know how the coaches have toppled from one side to the other on Green. I don't think any of the young guys would supersede Green, but it's possible we could see one of them late in a game if Martinez does get hurt again.

I'll say the same thing I said early in 2010, however - I want the best guy for the job to start. I don't care what his name is or the number he wears on his back.

Not to throw out this old quote but "Competition, Leadership, Ownership" is gonna be key here. Even with Martinez having the year of experience and Green having plenty of "game adversity" experience. I can see this years QB competition being that this is our new offensive system and each QB will compete for who best fits that system. Don't get me wrong the coaches will want to tweak the system for the QB's but you want to find the one that best fits the mold your trying to run. I mean really its an offensive clean house scenario for this program even though we only had 2 offensive coaches leave.

They have openly said they want to run an Oregon type offensive system. Oregon has been good offensively due to plug and play avability of the positions. There offensive system dosn't require game breaking athletes but when you do get a couple of those the offense is running wild. They have also been consistent towards developing the players to that system. That right there is what I think NU has been lacking for the past 4 years.