With All the QB Threads

walksalone

Are we going to have the same scenario as last year. We'll find out who's going to run the offense 5 minutes before the game, and sit there with a "what the hell is going on" look on our faces?

With the changes that have been made on the offensive side of the ball, will they still want to roll with T-Mart?

He will have the uperhand we would have to think with a year under his belt.

I thought about that too, but what if he isn't "compatible" with the offensive "scheme"?? Would they tailor the way we're going to run our offense around one guy though?

I would pray he doesn't. I think Beck will play the guy that makes his offense go. However, he did work with Wats who "taylored" his offense around who the QB that could walk, so who knows.

He will have the uperhand we would have to think with a year under his belt.

I thought about that too, but what if he isn't "compatible" with the offensive "scheme"?? Would they tailor the way we're going to run our offense around one guy though?

I think the scheme was made for players like Martinez and he should be more compatible with it then the old system. I also hope that Beck is better at making the system fit the players then Watson was.

I am not sure what to expect. Can you imagine what the other Big 10 teams are thinking right now? New team, new coaches, new offense. The Big Red training camp will show you nothing but smoke and mirrors during the Red and White game. I don't think we will know much about our offense until Oct. 1st vs. Wisc.

hopefully the players will be able to execute the new O by then too.

I am not sure what to expect. Can you imagine what the other Big 10 teams are thinking right now? New team, new coaches, new offense. The Big Red training camp will show you nothing but smoke and mirrors during the Red and White game. I don't think we will know much about our offense until Oct. 1st vs. Wisc.

I see where you're going with this, and that's a good point. But I can't help but think that we will need every second of practice we can get just to master whatever scheme we're going to run. If that means showing our "new" stuff in the Spring Game, then I say we do it, and don't worry about hiding anything.

I see where you're going with this, and that's a good point. But I can't help but think that we will need every second of practice we can get just to master whatever scheme we're going to run. If that means showing our "new" stuff in the Spring Game, then I say we do it, and don't worry about hiding anything.

good lord, the last thing we need to worry about is showing something in our spring game....really??

our guys will be running into each other trying to run a new scheme....wow!

I don't think the scheme will be that different. Recruits (who also leaked that Beck was the new OC) have been saying that we're continuing to move to an Oregon style spread, and recruits also implied they are building it around Taylor's skill set. Which I think they should. Texas didn't win a championship this last decade until they catered their offense to Vince Young, rather than trying to force Young to fit their offense.

Who knows, it might be until October 1st, until the "Death Star" is fully operational...

Who knows, it might be until October 1st, until the "Death Star" is fully operational...

In that analogy, would Martinez' ankle be the exhaust port at the end of the trench? It's way smaller than a womp rat.

• Fire 1

I'd rather we be good at something rather than the opponent not knowing what we're going to run.

In that analogy, would Martinez' ankle be the exhaust port at the end of the trench? It's way smaller than a womp rat.

Hold that thought while I go down to the Tosche station to pick up some power converters.