Rich Fisher articles

Nexus

Some no doubt wondered if their hearing was off when the news first came out.

Did Bo Pelini just hire a high school coach?

Yes, Rich Fisher, Nebraska's new wide receivers coach, does indeed come from the prep ranks -- The Rivers School in Boston, thank you very much.

Continue Reading

LINCOLN — Anyone who walked into Rich Fisher’s office at the Rivers School noticed the large whiteboard, though most were allowed only to gaze.

The head coach wouldn’t have survived without it. Not while running a football team at a place like Rivers, a Boston-area private school with an NCAA-sized rule book.

Continue Reading

The local media has really gotten Bo's back when it comes to the hires, he should think about that next time he wants to cop an attitude with them.

i cant stand that fan attitude, you have no say at all how pelini acts. how would you like him saying you cant get angry at your job? ill bet that you would be one angry dude.

I was just talking about this with my brother the other day. I was of the mindset that Pelini owes the media and the fans absolutely nothing. My brother stated that Pelini's attitude has been unacceptable at times for whether he likes it or not, part of his job requirement is to represent the university in what is deemed a positive manner. There have been some times when Pelini's behavior has fallen on the short side of positive and those instances have been nationally viewed and referenced.

Really, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I get annoyed at the crowd that clamors for Bo to be some king politician, but at the same time I was swayed partially by my brother's argument.

Could Bo make some strides in developing his PR skills? Of course...but should he? A little, yeah. Hopefully that is part of the learning process, as we all (hopefully) strive to improve ourselves on a daily basis throughout the course of our lives.

And actually, I nodded as I read what you wrote, Danimal.

The thing about getting angry at your job doesn't make sense to me, though. Nobody said Bo can't ever feel irritated, annoyed, angry, ect. The comments center on how those emotions are expressed.

The local media has really gotten Bo's back when it comes to the hires, he should think about that next time he wants to cop an attitude with them.

i cant stand that fan attitude, you have no say at all how pelini acts. how would you like him saying you cant get angry at your job? ill bet that you would be one angry dude.

Cool Pick, like the Bad Moon Risen theme

let me ask you this, have you ever worked customer services? hell have you ever worked fast food? if so you know you can't get pissy and angry with the customers, you get fired, so your comment is complete and utter bs. sorry man, when you are supposed to be the public face and represent the job in a good way, you can't act like a spoiled tit.

• Fire 2

That was a steaming pile of fail.

I never said I had a say in how Pelini acts, just giving an opinion on how Pelini acts. There is an enormous difference and opinions are what messageboards are for. If I acted like Bo at work folks would be all over me telling me I can't act like that, and I wouldn't have a job. I find plenty of people at work annoying. I have to suck it up, deal, and save my venting for later. I guarantee many here on the same situation. Dealing with the media and answering some stupid questions is part of Bo's job. Are you saying it isn't? Are you really saying it isn't part of a major program's coach to deal with the media in a respectful manner and how he acts can't be questioned?

I like and support Bo,but like ANY of us there are things he could do better. Because he's in the limelight those things he could do better will be part of public discussion. Geez.

let me ask you this, have you ever worked customer services? hell have you ever worked fast food? if so you know you can't get pissy and angry with the customers

Now we all know that just isn't true.