Who all do we redshirt this year?

corncraze

Just got to thinking about this, and I figured a lot of our guys probably won't be redshirted this year.

I expect Bubba Starling, Mauro Bondi, Jamal Turner, Aaron Green, Joseph Carter, Ameer Abdullah, and Daimion Stafford all to see playing time this year and possibly more. That's like 36% of our recruits.

Any other guys you expect not to redshirt?

IF bubba makes it here he will play, but not as QB. it will have to be WR or out of a wildcat. same with tuner although i feel he has a better chance at playing qb this year than bubba will. i have seen bubba play in person a few times this past year and he might be an explosive runner but seems to lack the throwing skills right now to compete at a high level for a D1 program. if reeves is fully recovered from his surgery then i feel he will be on the 2 deep at center just because we have NO depth behind caputo at center. same with moore. moore might be the most ready of any of the high school signees we got this year. both juco guys cater and stafford will also see playing time. i think stafford will start. both running back should get playing time with green i feel a for sure lock. we need to wait and see with abdullah to see if any of the other upper classmen backs not named rex will step up. charles jackson could be on the 2 deep the same way evans was this past year. peat and williams could fight there way into the 2 deep at DT but i think DL in general is one of our deepest positions right now and could make it tough to see playing time. if thats the case why waste a redshirt? bondi for sure will be the man for the next four years at least as place kicker.

Bubba's not going to play anything but QB. He came here to play that position, he's not going to switch to WR just for some playing time when he could say "eff it" and take a multi-million dollar contract.

Isn't this pretty much the same thing people were mad at Martinez for last Summer? The rumor was he quit the team, then suddenly he's back and he's the starter, and the allegation was that Bo promised him the starting gig to get him to come back to the team. Martinez took a lot of flak for that. Wonder how it'll be received if the same thing happens with Starling.

Bubba's not going to play anything but QB. He came here to play that position, he's not going to switch to WR just for some playing time when he could say "eff it" and take a multi-million dollar contract.

Isn't this pretty much the same thing people were mad at Martinez for last Summer? The rumor was he quit the team, then suddenly he's back and he's the starter, and the allegation was that Bo promised him the starting gig to get him to come back to the team. Martinez took a lot of flak for that. Wonder how it'll be received if the same thing happens with Starling.

The perception was Martinez had been handed the starting spot to stay. I don't think Moose is saying he's going to say "eff it" and walk away if he's not given the starting spot - he's saying you have to assume that if he walks away from MLB to play for Nebraska...he won't be walking away to play WR. IF he gets here, he'll be behind center...whether that is as a starter or bench warmer. I have no problem with Bo guarenteeing Starling a spot at QB...all it means is Bo won't force a move on him. Bo's asking an 18 year old to give up millions and millions of guarentee money...it's not too much to say "yeah, I give you my word you'll be a quarterback" - that might be the first string, or the 5th...

The perception was Martinez had been handed the starting spot to stay. I don't think Moose is saying he's going to say "eff it" and walk away if he's not given the starting spot - he's saying you have to assume that if he walks away from MLB to play for Nebraska...he won't be walking away to play WR. IF he gets here, he'll be behind center...whether that is as a starter or bench warmer. I have no problem with Bo guarenteeing Starling a spot at QB...all it means is Bo won't force a move on him. Bo's asking an 18 year old to give up millions and millions of guarentee money...it's not too much to say "yeah, I give you my word you'll be a quarterback" - that might be the first string, or the 5th...

So you think Starling would walk away from that multi-million dollar contract to be the fifth-string quarterback? That would be a sight to see.

So you think Starling would walk away from that multi-million dollar contract to be the fifth-string quarterback? That would be a sight to see.

To have a chance at the starting position down the road - yeah. He'd have no chance at it as a WR. Are you saying that if Starling decides to play football for NU then he's been promised the starting position by Bo?

To have a chance at the starting position down the road - yeah. He'd have no chance at it as a WR. Are you saying that if Starling decides to play football for NU then he's been promised the starting position by Bo?

No, I'm clearly asking, does Bubba get the same flak Martinez got if Bubba starts this year?

No, I'm clearly asking, does Bubba get the same flak Martinez got if Bubba starts this year?

Have there been rumors of Bubba's discontent with his position on team? No

Has Bubba tried to quit the team? No.

Is there anything to make any of us believe Bubba feels he's entitled to the #1 QB spot? No

Has Bubba even set foot on campus yet? No

I guess I can't see how the two are even comparable. Martinez was in his 2nd year on the team, rumors were flying around, Dad was involved, etc. I think it's BS you are lumping Bubba in there. Why not Turner as well? Or Carnes for that matter?

Have there been rumors of Bubba's discontent with his position on team? No

Has Bubba tried to quit the team? No.

Is there anything to make any of us believe Bubba feels he's entitled to the #1 QB spot? No

Has Bubba even set foot on campus yet? No

I guess I can't see how the two are even comparable. Martinez was in his 2nd year on the team, rumors were flying around, Dad was involved, etc. I think it's BS you are lumping Bubba in there. Why not Turner as well? Or Carnes for that matter?

Lighten up, Francis! :laughpound

I didn't ask about Turner or Carnes because there is, as yet, no rumor or obvious impending reason for either not to be on the team. Starling has a pretty legit reason not to be on the team. If he ends up starting, you're saying NOBODY is going to raise the question about what he may have been promised? I think that's pretty myopic.

Just got to thinking about this, and I figured a lot of our guys probably won't be redshirted this year.

I expect Bubba Starling, Mauro Bondi, Jamal Turner, Aaron Green, Joseph Carter, Ameer Abdullah, and Daimion Stafford all to see playing time this year and possibly more. That's like 36% of our recruits.

Your not going to see Bubba and Jamal Turner see playing time this year. Its going to be one or the other or neither of them, it won't be both. Ameer Abdullah won't see playing time either unless Burkhead gets injuried, they won't play him even if Aaron Green gets hurt.

Your not going to see Bubba and Jamal Turner see playing time this year. Its going to be one or the other or neither of them, it won't be both. Ameer Abdullah won't see playing time either unless Burkhead gets injuried, they won't play him even if Aaron Green gets hurt.

Personally I think if Bubba does stay, they move Turner to WR and try to get him onto the field almost immediately just because of his athleticism... but that's just me.