Who all do we redshirt this year?

corncraze

If Carter starts this year on the DE spot, that just sends up red flags to me that maybe I overestimated the talent of the depth on the defensive line. Last year it seemed we talked up and down about the great recruiting class we got on the defensive line pulling in Ashburn, Rome, and Guy and we landed Okeyumi and Vestal despite losing whats-his-name to UCLA at the very last moment on Signing Day.

As for Ankrah, he met my expectations this year, i wasn't expecting him to push Meredith or Allen to take over the starting spot, but he made good decisions and played well for his first year on the field as limited as it was. I didn't see him make bad decisions or give up the big run or get pancaked too many times by offensive lineman, same goes for Randle, though i would say Randle had a bigger impact that Ankrah did.

I expect to see Joseph Carter out there during the Spring game and I will have a better vantage point of his abilities.

I have heard that Ashburn is getting homesick and did not have a good first semester. I have heard great things about both Rome and Guy. I have also heard that Vestal and Okeyumi had decent first semesters. Check back with these guys after spring ball. Due to the inbalance at DE, Carter plays. DT, we are stacked and that is all there is to it. Every single one of our young guys showed flashes during the Mizzou game and that is what I look for. I looked down at one point during that game and we had Randle and Moore on the field and there was no drop off!

• Fire 1

I find all these athletes we get at QB interesting. Because there's only one QB position on the field available, and ideally you have a guy that locks that spot up for at least two years. In the meantime, with the PHENOM athletes we are recruiting to stock the QB depth chart, you are getting to the point where you point to any number of them and say, 'This kid needs to get the ball in his hands NOW, needs to be on the field.' That was the case with Taylor last year. Then you have Turner, Starling.

We either waste a lot of tremendous athleticism on the bench for years at a time. Or we play these guys at positions other than QB and waste a tremendous amount of potential on the field by flip-flopping them between positions.

I am excited to see what Jamal can do, though, at quarterback. Bubba I guess, doesn't come here. He has a much clearer and sooner path in baseball, IMO.

Didn't our OC/QB coach recruit Turner? I don't see him moving to WR.

Oh, and Bubba ain't coming here.

You can just add this to your sig so you don't have to continually post it you know...

I noticed that, too. Every single discussion about Bubba basically starts with, "I know he's not coming, but for argument's sake..." Discussion about Bubba is arguendo and should be treated as such.

Bubba is going to play baseball. Everyone here with a pulse knows this. Until that actually happens, we're not going to ignore his presence.

I noticed that, too. Every single discussion about Bubba basically starts with, "I know he's not coming, but for argument's sake..." Discussion about Bubba is arguendo and should be treated as such.

Bubba is going to play baseball. Everyone here with a pulse knows this. Until that actually happens, we're not going to ignore his presence.

The fact that Beck hasn't even talked to him since the changes makes me think the staff is leaning this way as well, especially considering how much praise Beck was heaping on Turner. You'd think he'd at least check in on his offensive recruits with a 5 minute phone call. I know he's probably busier than he's ever been in his career though.

I find all these athletes we get at QB interesting. Because there's only one QB position on the field available, and ideally you have a guy that locks that spot up for at least two years. In the meantime, with the PHENOM athletes we are recruiting to stock the QB depth chart, you are getting to the point where you point to any number of them and say, 'This kid needs to get the ball in his hands NOW, needs to be on the field.' That was the case with Taylor last year. Then you have Turner, Starling.

We either waste a lot of tremendous athleticism on the bench for years at a time. Or we play these guys at positions other than QB and waste a tremendous amount of potential on the field by flip-flopping them between positions.

I am excited to see what Jamal can do, though, at quarterback. Bubba I guess, doesn't come here. He has a much clearer and sooner path in baseball, IMO.

True - but it's a good problem to have.

Didn't our OC/QB coach recruit Turner? I don't see him moving to WR.

You can just add this to your sig so you don't have to continually post it you know...

That's actually a really good idea. But then I'd really feel foolish when Bubba does come here.

I expect to see Joseph Carter out there during the Spring game and I will have a better vantage point of his abilities.

Well hate to break it to ya, but the only abilities you'd be able to check out are he looks in street clothes IT he makes it here as a visitor. He will be here this summer as he is still at Chaffey for the rest of the semestar.

As for Bubba talk, heard on some boards he is up in the Top 4 players available. So I guess what I am getting at is, Ditto the Dude.