KNOW YOUR BIG TEN: Top 5 Returning Players

ADS

Terrelle Pryor is light years ahead of Robinson. Maybe Robinson will develop into a better quarterback, but as it sits now, Pryor is a legitimate all-round threat, a proven leader, and rarely puts his team into bad situations. Robinson is where Pryor was several seasons ago with all the question marks, relying solely on supreme athletic ability, and it cost Michigan greatly at times last season, much like our own QB situation. Pryor impressed the heck out of me last year with his maturation in the passing game.

and druski's post makes a great point.

Ya he is mature enough to be suspended 5 games...

And yes Pryor is a stronger passer, but Robinson's running ability is far superior. Pryor is nowhere near as fast or agile as Robinson.

Don't forget if Michigan actually had a defense and if Cam Newton didn't have the year he did, Robinson may very well have been the Heisman winner

I think David is light years better than Crick.

You may be right, but that's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, isn't it?

Especially if this particular orange is 6'6" and weighs 300 lbs. :)

haha, yes you are so right. When I think of impact players as far as the teams success goes, I would put David in front of Crick.

On a NFL draft pick potential, I guess it depends on team needs, but I think David will go higher if he keeps up these numbers- Look what he did and Crick has been here what, 3 more years than him? IDK I might be wrong. *Edit* yes I said numbers- I regret it already, I should say impact. IDK, obviously the LB will always get the majority of tackles, but honestly- Crick could be better(Sorry I was spoiled with SUH)

I think David is light years better than Crick.

You may be right, but that's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, isn't it?

Especially if this particular orange is 6'6" and weighs 300 lbs. :)

haha, yes you are so right. When I think of impact players as far as the teams success goes, I would put David in front of Crick.

On a NFL draft pick potential, I guess it depends on team needs, but I think David will go higher if he keeps up these numbers- Look what he did and Crick has been here what, 3 more years than him? IDK I might be wrong. *Edit* yes I said numbers- I regret it already, I should say impact. IDK, obviously the LB will always get the majority of tackles, but honestly- Crick could be better(Sorry I was spoiled with SUH)

ummmm.....NO.

Crick is a sure-fire first rounder. David is not, yet.

It would take a catastrophic injury for Crick to drop below David in the draft.

Can you be a "Top Returning Player" in the conference if you have never played in said conference?

24% of the top 25 and 40% of the top 5 are from :bigredn:

Great statistic!

The Big Ten sucks, we should ROLL this conference for YEARS....and Bo is doing such a horrible job!!! :sarcasm

We should fit in fairly nice and have a great chance to show what we are made of though! :bigredn:

We should fit in fairly nice and have a great chance to show what we are made of though! :bigredn:

Agreed. We'll definitely be competitive. Bo's defenses should keep us in games for the most part, and if Beck's offense can move the ball at all, we should have a chance to win every game. From there it'll boil down to coaching, individual efforts and the way the ball bounces. But I'm not looking at anyone in this conference and thinking, "We can't compete with these guys." That's a far cry from how I felt about the Big XII as recently as 2008.

Agreed. We'll definitely be competitive. Bo's defenses should keep us in games for the most part, and if Beck's offense can move the ball at all, we should have a chance to win every game. From there it'll boil down to coaching, individual efforts and the way the ball bounces. But I'm not looking at anyone in this conference and thinking, "We can't compete with these guys." That's a far cry from how I felt about the Big XII as recently as 2008.

Don't forget sustaining drives to keep their defense on the field, our defense fresh, and HOLDING ONTO THE FOOTBALL! :thumbs

Terrelle Pryor is light years ahead of Robinson. Maybe Robinson will develop into a better quarterback, but as it sits now, Pryor is a legitimate all-round threat, a proven leader, and rarely puts his team into bad situations. Robinson is where Pryor was several seasons ago with all the question marks, relying solely on supreme athletic ability, and it cost Michigan greatly at times last season, much like our own QB situation. Pryor impressed the heck out of me last year with his maturation in the passing game.

And yes Pryor is a stronger passer, but Robinson's running ability is far superior. Pryor is nowhere near as fast or agile as Robinson.

Don't forget if Michigan actually had a defense and if Cam Newton didn't have the year he did, Robinson may very well have been the Heisman winner

While Robinson definitely is quicker and more agile than Pryor, I don't know if the same can be said about speed. In all honesty, if Pryor, Robinson, and Martinez were in a race, it might be a tie. In a 40 yard dash, Robinson might have Pryor, but in a 60 yard dash, Pryor probably has Robinson.

While Robinson definitely is quicker and more agile than Pryor, I don't know if the same can be said about speed. In all honesty, if Pryor, Robinson, and Martinez were in a race, it might be a tie. In a 40 yard dash, Robinson might have Pryor, but in a 60 yard dash, Pryor probably has Robinson.

Are you watching the highlight tapes that I am?!?!

Please explain to me how how a one man team consistently has these 60 yard runs, while Pryor does not? If Pryor is faster and more agile, and he has a better team around him, then why aren't we seeing 60 yard Pryor runs?