Frank Martin Neck Vein Count

On the bright side, at least everyone got their worst game of the year out tonight, instead of the bigger games on the road or at the Big 12 tourny. Its all good just win out, as easy as that is.

that reminds me of everyone saying pretty much the same thing against KSU the last game. not sure what to make of that.

On the bright side, at least everyone got their worst game of the year out tonight, instead of the bigger games on the road or at the Big 12 tourny. Its all good just win out, as easy as that is.

that reminds me of everyone saying pretty much the same thing against KSU the last game. not sure what to make of that.

I think it means the worst is still yet to come. :ohnoes:ahhhhhhhh

I think it means the worst is still yet to come. :ohnoes:ahhhhhhhh

Maybe Caleb Walker decides to be a total no show in that one. He played the best tonight, and hardly seemed to be on the floor when it mattered

I wanted to run down to the court and slap that smile right off Kelly's face...I would have loved to have seen Martin look over and see one of his starters laughing after he fouled out and his team was up by six points, soon to be only two.

Background--Kelly fouled out and timed his sit-down on the bench with the free throw that NU missed for the "sit-down jeer". Kelly looked to the student section with the below look, laugh, and applause.....then to make it funnier he got the next player to foul out of KSU to do the same thing.

ck.png

For you morons who think all the tournament talk is over, YOU ARE STUPID. With THE two easiest road games yet to play and a ranked Missouri at home, Nebraska still has 3 very winnable games left. I understand the dissappointment, but Kansas St is THE hottest team in the Big 12 right now, with one of the toughest schedules in the country and in typical Frank Martin fashion, they are peaking again at the end of the year. Nebraska had every opportunity to win tonight, but in a game that was never farther apart than 7 points, and taking all the way to the final seconds, i applaud the effort. Hypothetically, if Nebraska gets 2 more wins to get to 20, and another one in the tourney, that should be enuff to get in, esp. if 1 of those 2 wins is over Missouri. That would put 3 wins over ranked teams on the board and a near win at Kansas. Theyre not totally out of it yet. But damnit, just support them with optimism for a change, cuz this crap is getting old, esp. with a team that has already risen above every expectation. I think some of you fricken babies are so caught up with what you think youre entitled too cuz of a great football history, and a bball loses a close game to a good team and you come on here and bitch and moan at how bad we are again, you have spirit, and might as well go back another team.

What you just described is what a TON of teams resumes look like from just conference games ALONE. The RPI had the best chance to rise tonight. A Mizzou win helps it, but not near as much. Wins over ISU and CU on the road even are not impressive.

SOS of 80 and and RPI hoovering around 65 will NOT get you in. Personally they had to win out to be able to win one game in the tourney and get in.

Nebraska must win the tourney.

We don't have to win the tourney to get in, that's ridiculous.

For you morons who think all the tournament talk is over, YOU ARE STUPID. With THE two easiest road games yet to play and a ranked Missouri at home, Nebraska still has 3 very winnable games left. I understand the dissappointment, but Kansas St is THE hottest team in the Big 12 right now, with one of the toughest schedules in the country and in typical Frank Martin fashion, they are peaking again at the end of the year. Nebraska had every opportunity to win tonight, but in a game that was never farther apart than 7 points, and taking all the way to the final seconds, i applaud the effort. Hypothetically, if Nebraska gets 2 more wins to get to 20, and another one in the tourney, that should be enuff to get in, esp. if 1 of those 2 wins is over Missouri. That would put 3 wins over ranked teams on the board and a near win at Kansas. Theyre not totally out of it yet. But damnit, just support them with optimism for a change, cuz this crap is getting old, esp. with a team that has already risen above every expectation. I think some of you fricken babies are so caught up with what you think youre entitled too cuz of a great football history, and a bball loses a close game to a good team and you come on here and bitch and moan at how bad we are again, you have spirit, and might as well go back another team.

What you just described is what a TON of teams resumes look like from just conference games ALONE. The RPI had the best chance to rise tonight. A Mizzou win helps it, but not near as much. Wins over ISU and CU on the road even are not impressive.

SOS of 80 and and RPI hoovering around 65 will NOT get you in. Personally they had to win out to be able to win one game in the tourney and get in.

Nebraska must win the tourney.

We don't have to win the tourney to get in, that's ridiculous.

what do we have to do then? we were on the second four outsiders with the win over texas...now we lost to k state, who is going above us in the standings, and was already considered a lock in the tourney because of their RPI. the big 12 is looked at as being down...the top four are going to make it, and perhaps 1 or 2 that make a serious run in the tourney. K state showed themselves as being that hot team, that can finish. We were not even in the conversation until the texas win, now we sit at 6-7. We had to be the hot team, and we obviously are not. Baylor and the like will make it in before us. We cant beat the team we should, at home, to make our run? Come on. We will be lucky to end up with a .500 conference record, exactly as years past...that means we deserve the tourney in a down big 12?

Three things--one, free-throw problems and turnovers are practice issues. One of the reoccurring criticisms of Doc Saddler's tenure has been inconsistency. Considering these two problems are practice-related, something tells me that Doc let off the gas a bit after the Texas game. Time to put the pedal to the metal.

Two, we're not out of any tourney discussion. 3-1 gets us to the dance--unfortunately, we used up our 'one', so this team must play lights out against an arguably better Mizzou team and on the road at Ames and Boulder--two of the more soulless places (when ISU is losing, at any rate) you'll find in this iteration of the Big XII.

Three, the officiating sucked yet again. Problem is, they sucked equally for both sides, so I don't think we can include the zebras in this one.

---

Considering Doc's history, I don't think he has been consistent enough to pull this off. Even if you are of the opinion that a single Big XII Tourney game win will help, that's asking for four in a row. Against our non-con schedule, that was plausible. Against one (and possibly two, depending on seeding) Top 25 teams, this team may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Having said all this, I do plan on watching and cheering Nebraska on. Just because we have a Herculean task in front of us, it doesn't mean we can't do it, and that we shouldn't cheer them on in their attempts.

what do we have to do then? we were on the second four outsiders with the win over texas...now we lost to k state, who is going above us in the standings, and was already considered a lock in the tourney because of their RPI. the big 12 is looked at as being down...the top four are going to make it, and perhaps 1 or 2 that make a serious run in the tourney. K state showed themselves as being that hot team, that can finish. We were not even in the conversation until the texas win, now we sit at 6-7. We had to be the hot team, and we obviously are not. Baylor and the like will make it in before us. We cant beat the team we should, at home, to make our run? Come on. We will be lucky to end up with a .500 conference record, exactly as years past...that means we deserve the tourney in a down big 12?

Two things here--

One, we're the "second four outsiders" according to an ESPN twit that can't operate a fraking touchscreen device on camera. These folks have been wrong just as much as they've been right.

Two, look at Baylor's schedule and ours. Who is more likely to finish ahead of whom?

Baylor:

Feb 26 vs #17 TA&M

Mar 1 @ OKST

Mar 5 vs #5 TEX

Nebraska:

Feb 26 @ ISU

Mar 1 vs #21 MIZZ

Mar 5 @ COLO

Considering Baylor lost to Mizzou, they're at 6-7, just as we are. Realistically, we're looking at 8-8 and possibly 9-7; Baylor is realistically looking at 7-9 and possibly 8-8.

This doesn't mean I'm not worried (I am), but I don't think the situation is nearly as dire as you make it seem...yet.