Big Ten Network-Will they show any of the old NU games?

ladyhawke

I was thinking that now that we are part of the Big 10, will this network show any of the archived NU games? The only NU games ESPNU would usually show were the ones where we lost. It would be great to see all of the great ones, especially the championship season games. I know you can buy them on DVD but it would be cool for the rest of the Big 10 to see them.

Anyone have an info on the way the Big 10 Network will work?

Myth. ESPN replayed K-state, the first Washington game and Oklahoma State off the top of my head. People said the same thing last year. It was a myth then too.

Uh, it's not a myth. What you're talking about is current season replays (they were replayed on ESPNU within 48hrs). That's quite different from the "classics" that are show on ESPN classic during the offseason. Unless, of course, you want to argue that the 2008 Oklahoma game is a "classic" win...

• Fire 1

I was thinking that now that we are part of the Big 10, will this network show any of the archived NU games? The only NU games ESPNU would usually show were the ones where we lost. It would be great to see all of the great ones, especially the championship season games. I know you can buy them on DVD but it would be cool for the rest of the Big 10 to see them.

Myth. ESPN replayed K-state, the first Washington game and Oklahoma State off the top of my head. People said the same thing last year. It was a myth then too.

Uh, it's not a myth. What you're talking about is current season replays (they were replayed on ESPNU within 48hrs). That's quite different from the "classics" that are show on ESPN classic during the offseason. Unless, of course, you want to argue that the 2008 Oklahoma game is a "classic" win...

I concur with Saunders. There are a multitude of classic wins out there (e.g. Nebraska vs. LSU for the 1970 NC, '97 vs. Missouri), but other than the 1971 GotC, very few (if any) classic wins are shown on ESPN Classic. How many times have we seen the '83 Miami game, the '93 Florida State game, or '01 Miami game pop up on ESPN Classic's "general" rotation, but no '94, '95, or '97 NC games unless they're doing some sort of specialized block?

Frankly, July 1 can't get here soon enough, and I have faith that the Big 10 Network will do more right by Nebraska fans in their first year than the whole of our Big XII existence.

• Fire 1

I concur with Saunders. There are a multitude of classic wins out there (e.g. Nebraska vs. LSU for the 1970 NC, '97 vs. Missouri), but other than the 1971 GotC, very few (if any) classic wins are shown on ESPN Classic. How many times have we seen the '83 Miami game, the '93 Florida State game, or '01 Miami game pop up on ESPN Classic's "general" rotation, but no '94, '95, or '97 NC games unless they're doing some sort of specialized block?

Frankly, July 1 can't get here soon enough, and I have faith that the Big 10 Network will do more right by Nebraska fans in their first year than the whole of our Big XII existence.

Other "classics" include the 2005 OU game (Loss, both teams unranked), the 2007 & 2006 Texas Games (both lost in the closing minutes), 2008 OU game (blowout loss), 2002 Penn State (blowout loss), 2002 Ole Miss (bowl loss), 1986 OU (loss)....

The only two wins I can think of are the occasional 1994 Miami OB for the MNC, and the 2005 Michigan Game.

Other "classics" include the 2005 OU game (Loss, both teams unranked), the 2007 & 2006 Texas Games (both lost in the closing minutes), 2008 OU game (blowout loss), 2002 Penn State (blowout loss), 2002 Ole Miss (bowl loss), 1986 OU (loss)....

The only two wins I can think of are the occasional 1994 Miami OB for the MNC, and the 2005 Michigan Game.

Well, and the '05 Michigan game is shown more for the debacle with officiating at the end, and not for the game itself, per se.

As an aside, I think Michigan and Nebraska should set up mock traveling AP and Coaches Poll trophies from 1997, and the winner of the Michigan/Nebraska tilt that year gets to "claim" the 1997 NC until the next time they play. Poke fun at history with an eye toward the future, or some such BS to make it happen. :koolaid2:

Another Myth. 1997 Game vs Missouri. 1994 season Orange bowl. 1995 season Fiesta bowl. Game of the Century. Again, just off the top of my head. I had a mental list compiled last year of all the wins I had seen on classics. It was more on than this. It's not ESPN's fault Nebraska has lost to too many good teams. I mean really, do you want them to play Bowl games from the '80s? Cause you'd bitch about that too. How about all those BIG 12 championship victories? Wish they'd show those!!!!!

By all means though, continue on. Don't let me get in the way of your silly preconceived notions.

• Fire 1

Another Myth. 1997 Game vs Missouri. 1994 season Orange bowl. 1995 season Fiesta bowl. Game of the Century. Again, just off the top of my head. I had a mental list compiled last year of all the wins I had seen on classics. It was more on than this. It's not ESPN's fault Nebraska has lost to too many good teams. I mean really, do you want them to play Bowl games from the '80s? Cause you'd bitch about that too. How about all those BIG 12 championship victories? Wish they'd show those!!!!!

By all means though, continue on. Don't let me get in the way of your silly preconceived notions.

Sorry, but I agree with Saunders. Nobody is saying they only show our losses. What we're saying is the preponderance of games they show are our losses. Every single team out there has big losses on big stages to big teams. Nobody wins them all. But if they're showing a Husker Classic, it's more likely that they're showing a loss than a win.

Sorry, but I agree with Saunders. Nobody is saying they only show our losses. What we're saying is the preponderance of games they show are our losses. Every single team out there has big losses on big stages to big teams. Nobody wins them all. But if they're showing a Husker Classic, it's more likely that they're showing a loss than a win.

Yea well, the myth will go on no matter what I say so it's not not a big deal. I alone came up with 4 and I know I watched one more I just can't remember which. There's a pretty good explanation for all this. Nebraska went without having a championship team for 25 years and sucked during a big part of part of the 2000s. Even if it is as biased, what do you expect? Seriously, would you complain about them showing a bowl game from the '80s? People were complaining about ESPNU for the same reasons last season.

:espnsucks:

Seriously, would you complain about them showing a bowl game from the '80s?

Not at all. Can you tell me when they're going to show the Sun Bowl vs. Mississippi St? Or any of our three games vs. LSU? I'd love to see any of those four again.

Were you being sarcastic? No idea, I don't look for these things ahead of time. I just find them by accident. I can't say I've ever seen them replay any of the games vs. LSU. I would definitely watch as that's before my time, but I haven't been able to watch ESPNC as much as I was able to last year. I will continue to do as I always do and try to notify everyone on HB when the Ws are being replayed, though. Well, the losses too.

Yea well, the myth will go on no matter what I say so it's not not a big deal. I alone came up with 4 and I know I watched one more I just can't remember which. There's a pretty good explanation for all this. Nebraska went without having a championship team for 25 years and sucked during a big part of part of the 2000s. Even if it is as biased, what do you expect? Seriously, would you complain about them showing a bowl game from the '80s? People were complaining about ESPNU for the same reasons last season.

Uh, they can't show the 1995 fiesta bowl. It's a CBS broadcast ( and they own the rights), so you might want to try again. I have my DVR set up to record anything containing the words "Nebraska Football." And the list I gave you is what it has recorded in the last year. The 97 Mizzou game was shown once, as was the GOTC. 94 OB is shown every few months. I gave you the exact list of what was shown. There are dozens of good games that could be shown, but aren't. The only wins that are shown are close, last minute ones. But blowout losses are commonplace. But no, we're just believing a "myth."

So, you might want to check your revisionist history.

• Fire 1

Seriously, would you complain about them showing a bowl game from the '80s?

Not at all. Can you tell me when they're going to show the Sun Bowl vs. Mississippi St? Or any of our three games vs. LSU? I'd love to see any of those four again.

Were you being sarcastic? No idea, I don't look for these things ahead of time. I just find them by accident. I can't say I've ever seen them replay any of the games vs. LSU. I would definitely watch as that's before my time, but I haven't been able to watch ESPNC as much as I was able to last year. I will continue to do as I always do and try to notify everyone on HB when the Ws are being replayed, though. Well, the losses too.

More ironic than sarcastic. Those four games are the ones we won in the 80s, but you'll never see them played again, because we played well in all four games.

They replay games of Nebraska losing because beating Nebraska used to be a BIG deal. Plus, when we lost to other good teams, it was usually an epic battle. I have personally never seen Nebraska blown out in a classic game. It's always a good game that we ended up losing.

Uh, they can't show the 1995 fiesta bowl. It's a CBS broadcast ( and they own the rights), so you might want to try again. I have my DVR set up to record anything containing the words "Nebraska Football." And the list I gave you is what it has recorded in the last year. The 97 Mizzou game was shown once, as was the GOTC. 94 OB is shown every few months. I gave you the exact list of what was shown. There are dozens of good games that could be shown, but aren't. The only wins that are shown are close, last minute ones. But blowout losses are commonplace. But no, we're just believing a "myth."

Ok so I alone came up with three. And two that you didn't come up with. Big deal. My revisionist history is being wrong on one game. Not a problem. If 3/4 is the gold standard for "revisionist" history then this board would be a big joke full of nothing but revisionist history. But we all tolerate it to some extent.

Well that DVR should give you plenty to complain about in a couple of years when all they show is the last two Big 12 championship games and you still aren't able to quite wrap your head around the reason for it. I could swear that college football was full of 100s of games that could be on ESPN classics but aren't. Why don't you try taking it as a compliment that the program you follow is relevant enough to show up in classic games.

ESPN sucks for a lot of reasons and this isn't one of them. You missed a couple, by the way. If your DVR is as godly as you say it is you should be able to tell me which ones you did. Get to googling. We wouldn't want you revising history should you err. And just so we're clear, you're telling me that there just might be some pretty good games that people would remember that ESPN can't show because it doesn't own the rights? I don't know man. That's way too benign of a partial explanation. Must be something more sinister.

Also, you mention they only showed Missouri/Nebraska once. You make it sound like they showed the Nebraska at OU blowout 23234234 times. Maybe you should be less surprised that game would show up in a year when Sam Bradford was first round draft pick.

Ok so I alone came up with three. And two that you didn't come up with. Big deal. My revisionist history is being wrong on one game. Not a problem. If 3/4 is the gold standard for "revisionist" history then this board would be a big joke full of nothing but revisionist history. But we all tolerate it to some extent.

Well that DVR should give you plenty to complain about in a couple of years when all they show is the last two Big 12 championship games and you still aren't able to quite wrap your head around the reason for it. I could swear that college football was full of 100s of games that could be on ESPN classics but aren't. Why don't you try taking it as a compliment that the program you follow is relevant enough to show up in classic games.

ESPN sucks for a lot of reasons and this isn't one of them. You missed a couple, by the way. If your DVR is as godly as you say it is you should be able to tell me which ones you did. Get to googling. We wouldn't want you revising history should you err. And just so we're clear, you're telling me that there just might be some pretty good games that people would remember that ESPN can't show because it doesn't own the rights? I don't know man. That's way too benign of a partial explanation. Must be something more sinister.

Also, you mention they only showed Missouri/Nebraska once. You make it sound like they showed the Nebraska at OU blowout 23234234 times. Maybe you should be less surprised that game would show up in a year when Sam Bradford was first round draft pick.

You, alone, did not.

You simply relisted games that others had already mentioned, and completely missed the point. We are talking about "classic" games, not replays of a game 2 days later. In case you didn't know, ESPN does that for almost every game each weekend, especially those involving ranked teams. It's how they fill the broadcast hours. Nebraska losing to Miami 0-22 or Georgia Tech 21-45 is not a classic game (the two I forgot). It's a blowout.

Instead of using strawman arguments, you should read the original comments. The fact remains, that ESPN broadcasts an inordinate amount of NU losses, especially blowouts. If it is a myth, as you say, then you wil be able to find me some blowout NU wins on ESPN Classic.

Look you two, offseason just began, and we're already getting into message board scrapes.

Let me leave it at this: while ESPN Classic may show the occasional NU win, they sure do show a f*** ton of losses for one of the top five programs in college football history with the most wins.

Don't you think there's something wrong with that?