Things I've Noticed and Heard...

BelieveN

Recently had a chance to talk to Kenny Bell in one of my classes just shooting the sh*t, He said "He's pumped for this new offense." "It's crazy fast and we're really going to use our team speed." "I really don't think any Big10 team will stop us if we're all on the same page." "Just wait till the spring game man."

*He also thinks he will get some good PT and has the ability to show off his moves and speed to his new WR Coach.

**Sounds like we are hopefully going to utilize our Wr's more/RB's out of the backfield (Green, Abdullah)

Hearing him talk just puts a smile on my face and I truely think we will be putting up points this season.

***Also I noticed Carnes at Memorial Stadium and he seems to be filling out a bit. Looks like he's gained 10-15 pounds of muscle especially upper-body and he looks great! FWIW

***Also I noticed Carnes at Memorial Stadium and he seems to be filling out a bit. Looks like he's gained 10-15 pounds of muscle especially upper-body and he looks great! FWIW

That's good to hear. He was a string-bean. The more muscle he puts on the better. I just want him to push for starting time. The better he is, the better the QB position is. :thumbs

That's good to hear. He was a string-bean. The more muscle he puts on the better. I just want him to push for starting time. The better he is, the better the QB position is. :thumbs

We need serious depth there too. No matter who starts, we need to be 3 or 4 deep with guys that are good fits for our system.

Coaches are great motivators/manipulators. That's a big part of their job-- getting the players to buy into their system/philosophy wholeheartedly. And especially with new coaches (or in this case, old coaches in new positions), hope springs eternal. If they're good enough psychologists, they'll have their players thinking they can be the New England Patriots. I remember hearing practice reports and certain comments from the players in the spring of 2004 that sounded like Cally's offense would be the most explosive thing we'd ever seen. It got me excited, but we all know what the final results looked like.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the possibilities, and am cautiously optimistic that the offensive staff will jell better and we'll find ways to score more against top 40 defenses. But I think any player comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Fire 2

Carnes came into Lincoln at about 180 I bet. He honestly looks like he's at 190/195. Shoulders definetly look broader and his arms look more toned.(no homo) I'm excited.

**Bell is a pretty straight shooter kinda guy but hilarious at the same time.

The thing that kind of scared me is he believes the new offense will be no-huddle, check downs at line, and audibles. We don't necessary have a QB that can make those kind of calls. A lot like Peyton Manning being the QB/offensive coordinator for the Colts. He run's that entire offense. Beck is entirely correct that he's looking for a leader for the offense(totally makes sense). It will be interesting to say the least.

Sounds good that they know what direction they will have in the offense and I can only HOPE it's executed well....

....but I'M NOT getting my hopes up this year for the third straight year. I will NOT be fooled into thinking our offense will be very good to great for the 3rd straight year. I refuse to do it again.

I will hold judgment of the offense until I see us play against Ohio State.

Carnes came into Lincoln at about 180 I bet. He honestly looks like he's at 190/195. Shoulders definetly look broader and his arms look more toned.(no homo) I'm excited.

**Bell is a pretty straight shooter kinda guy but hilarious at the same time.

The thing that kind of scared me is he believes the new offense will be no-huddle, check downs at line, and audibles. We don't necessary have a QB that can make those kind of calls. A lot like Peyton Manning being the QB/offensive coordinator for the Colts. He run's that entire offense. Beck is entirely correct that he's looking for a leader for the offense(totally makes sense). It will be interesting to say the least.

Less like Peyton Manning more like Todd Reesing would be my bet.

• Fire 1

Sounds good that they know what direction they will have in the offense and I can only HOPE it's executed well....

....but I'M NOT getting my hopes up this year for the third straight year. I will NOT be fooled into thinking our offense will be very good to great for the 3rd straight year. I refuse to do it again.

oh common Charlie Brown, you know you can't resist kicking that football when Lucy tees it up!..... :corndance

just funin with ya, i know what you mean.

Party Pooper. ;)

I am pumped to see this new offense.

Can see our offense somewhat resembling what KU did, but I'm guessing it'll resemble Oregon's more than KU's. Beck said, "We're going to run the ball, first and foremost." That doesn't sound like KU's Todd Reesing offense.

I agree. But our passing game will most likely be the one read shotgun spread that so many college teams run these days. This is kinda what I envisioned when I heard we were going to simplify things. We're not going to try and make Taylor Martinez an NFL type QB where he's trying to read the whole field. Give our QB one or two reads, if they're not open, tuck it and run à la Cam Newton at Auburn.

Go with what suits the abilities of your players, this is one thing Shawn Watson was absolutely awful at.