Helu helping draft stock

SnowBigRed

I don't follow the NFL Combine at all because, frankly, I think it's overrated something awful. However, I received an email from the head coach of our local high school football team. He follows the combine a lot closer as I do.

For those that don't follow the combine, Helu was the #1 performer in both the 20 yd and 60 yd shuttles, was second fastest in the 3-cone drill, #6 in the 40 yd dash, #8 in the vertical leap, and #10 in the broad jump. All of these numbers are compared to all the other RB's only. Good for him, as I think he will have a nice NFL career, and his combine performance didn't hurt him at all.

On a side note, he ran a 4.42 40 yarder. I had no idea he was that fast.

Mods: Please move if this is the wrong forum for this.

I don't follow the NFL Combine at all because, frankly, I think it's overrated something awful.

I just tried watching it, was watching Von Miller run some drills and then I heard good ol' Mike Mayock's voice. That's where that ended.

I really would love to see Helu not only make an NFL team but actually do something for them. I thought he ran like a bull last year and with a purpose. I know the knock on him was that he was having trouble getting to the corner during Senior Bowl week practices but I think he's a tough inside runner and does a good job of not going down after the first hit and he has good vision as well. I hope he does well.

helu_header.jpg

I can see why he went into the combine with a chip on his shoulder. If he can just shake that injury bug, he should have a great career.

He was injured twice. Not the most alarming thing in the world.

Nagging injuries for large parts of his two starting seasons, I think.

Don't worry, its the NFL. They have injections for that type of stuff. He will be good as new.

I can see why he went into the combine with a chip on his shoulder. If he can just shake that injury bug, he should have a great career.

He was injured twice. Not the most alarming thing in the world.

He had nagging injuries for the better part of two seasons and was either held out or limited in two bowl games. He had a healthy season in 2010, but it's probably on the minds of some NFL scouts.