Husker Pro Day

I got to attend a pro day while I was in high school. I was looking at going to school for exercise science and our school to work coordinator set up a job shadow for me with a strength coach at UNL. It just so happened that the day I went up there was the pro day. I got to hold the player testing cards at the vertical jump station. I know. Cool story, bro.

• Fire 1

I got to attend a pro day while I was in high school. I was looking at going to school for exercise science and our school to work coordinator set up a job shadow for me with a strength coach at UNL. It just so happened that the day I went up there was the pro day. I got to hold the player testing cards at the vertical jump station. I know. Cool story, bro.

That is pretty cool man.

March 11

Idaho, Ohio State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Purdue, Southern Miss, Tennessee, & TCU.

Nebraska will host a pro day Thursday in the Hawks Center, its own private mini-combine to help former Huskers showcase their talents.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110309/BIGRED/703099696#mcneill-is-prepared-for-pro-day

Thanks, Chris. I thought I saw it was today. BIG ERN, where did you find that? I wonder if there wasn't a schedule change or something?

March 11

Idaho, Ohio State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Purdue, Southern Miss, Tennessee, & TCU.

Nebraska will host a pro day Thursday in the Hawks Center, its own private mini-combine to help former Huskers showcase their talents.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110309/BIGRED/703099696#mcneill-is-prepared-for-pro-day

Thanks, Chris. I thought I saw it was today. BIG ERN, where did you find that? I wonder if there wasn't a schedule change or something?

ESPN....says March 11

ESPN <----someone is wrong

2011 NFL Pro Day Schedule: Nebraska Bringing Prince Amukamara And Alex Henery

by David Fucillo (Fooch) on Mar 10, 2011 6:00 AM PST in NFL Draft

18 comments Email Print.We're back for another chunk of 2011 NFL Pro Days and we've got a few players of note. Today's Pro Days include Akron, Buffalo, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Texas Tech, West Texas, and Wofford. We've got some name programs like Nebraska and Louisville, as well as some lesser known programs like Wofford and West Texas. There are two specific players worth noting today, both from Nebraska: CB Prince Amukamara and kicker Alex Henery.

Amukamara is a guy who could realistically end up with the 49ers at the seventh pick. If two quarterbacks go in the top six I don't think the 49ers will be taking Amukamara. But if Newton or Gabbert drops past the top six, Amukamara becomes a very real possibility.

Alex Henery is the number one rated kicker at Scouts Inc. Joe Nedney is rehabbing a variety of injuries and is getting up there in age. I'm not really a big proponent of grabbing a kicker, but Henery seems to bring some serious leg. What's also interesting is he does Nebraska's punting. He won't replace Andy Lee but he could be a good backup on the off-chance something happens to Lee (as I duck the thunderbolt!).

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/3/10/2041094/2011-nfl-pro-day-schedule-nebraska-prince-amukamara-alex-henery

National Football League scouts converged on Lincoln Thursday as nearly 20 former Husker football players showcased their skills at Nebraska's Pro Day at the Hawks Championship Center.

The workouts attracted 40 scouts and team personnel, representing nearly every National Football League organization. The scouts watched an impressive group of 2010 Husker seniors, including nine players who took part in the NFL Scouting Combine earlier this month.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205113381

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/husker_pro_day_draws_a_crowd.html

Zac Lee posted a 36-inch vertical and ran the 40 in 4.62 seconds "Apparently, I can't run," joked Lee, whose running ability drew its share of analysis during his Husker career.

Lee had a pretty good day. Only two footballs hit the ground during his throwing session and one of those was a drop.

"I'm open to any opportunity. I think I'll surprise some people if I get in camp, get in there and compete," Lee said.

More players listed in the link.

Zac is a gamer and I hope some team brings him into camp. His biggest problem is his height. That 6'2" they list him at is very generous.

I could very easily see him in front of the cameras. He's got the face and the personality and the bloodline. He majored in Business Administration, though. Weird.