TE Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick [USC Commit]

Nexus

• 2 months later...

Husker Locker article.

“Tradition is the biggest thing that comes to mind about Nebraska. The fan base is huge. I heard they have really good facilities and saw some pictures. I’d like to try to get on campus and continue talking with coaches. They’re definitely a school that interests me,” he said.

Jalen heard plenty about the Cornhuskers before Garrison came calling. One of Whitney’s assistant coaches, Paul Hanks was born in Hemingford, Nebraska. “He’s a huge Husker fan.”

“Academics are big. I want to try to get into pre-med, so that’s something that’s high on my list. Location is second thing. I want to be near a big city and see how close the airport is. It’s important to know if my family can fly in and take a taxi or if it’s going to take a couple of hours to get to my games. Tradition’s a factor for sure. I’d like to go to a school that has big-time football where everyone on campus is into it.”

LINK

Husker Locker article.

Jalen heard plenty about the Cornhuskers before Garrison came calling. One of Whitney’s assistant coaches, Paul Hanks was born in Hemingford, Nebraska. “He’s a huge Husker fan.”

LINK

Ahh...Hemingford, the old conference basketball rival. Some epic battles, and the only opponent that refs requested I leave the gym after some "questionable" language. Mom was very proud let's say.

• 1 month later...

Why? Sometimes I just don't understand kids' reasoning.

As Nelly once said in a song, "HEY, must be the money!!!!!

But seriously why not. The bowl ban will be over, it is his backyard college, liked them as a kid, and then there are the sweatertops. This is not that shocking in all honesty.

Why? Sometimes I just don't understand kids' reasoning.

As Nelly once said in a song, "HEY, must be the money!!!!!

But seriously why not. The bowl ban will be over, it is his backyard college, liked them as a kid, and then there are the sweatertops. This is not that shocking in all honesty.

I just don't understand the thinking of joining Lane Kiffin in any capacity. IMO these recruits are joining a program that'll have a new HC in a couple years.