If you had a time machine...

Either:

2001 National Championship game vs. Miami

or

2009 Big 12 Championship game vs. Texas

This. I still cant get that game out of my mind. Conference Championship and BCS with big daddy Suh...:wacko:

As much as I'd like to go back in time and redo the 2009 Big 12CCG, it wouldn't do any good. The Texass refs would just keep putting time back onto the clock until they got the desired result.

The close calls in the bowl games and the last two conference title games are too easy. I'd want to see what Franky could do with his best team. The 1999 squad. Give me a W in the game in Austin and win out the remainder and see what NU can do with either FSU or Michael Vick led Va Tech.

That team probably was playing the best football at the end of that season and owned Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl. The Texas "hose jobs" began that day as a blown PI call in which Davidson(I believe) caught the ball after the PI and they didn't give NU the catch. Lost 20 yards in field position and ended up turning it over on downs at the end of the game. Of course the fifty fumbles that game(the worst flaw of that 99 team) didn't help the cause either.

That was arguably one of the best defenses Nu has had.

• Fire 1

The close calls in the bowl games and the last two conference title games are too easy. I'd want to see what Franky could do with his best team. The 1999 squad. Give me a W in the game in Austin and win out the remainder and see what NU can do with either FSU or Michael Vick led Va Tech.

That team probably was playing the best football at the end of that season and owned Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl. The Texas "hose jobs" began that day as a blown PI call in which Davidson(I believe) caught the ball after the PI and they didn't give NU the catch. Lost 20 yards in field position and ended up turning it over on downs at the end of the game. Of course the fifty fumbles that game(the worst flaw of that 99 team) didn't help the cause either.

That was arguably one of the best defenses Nu has had.

Thought the same thing.

I'd even take the Raiders winning the superbowl, so there would be no chance of Callahan being fired and falling into Pedey lap. chuckleshuffle

For me it probably has to be 96 CCG. A day i will never forget. It was a perfecet December Saturday afternoon for a college student needing to recover from a SOLID Friday night hangover. I remeber watching Priest Holmes and James Brown gash a Nebraska defense over and over. The only thing that would have made me sicker than the 4th & 1 conversion is my roomate discovering/recovering his missing electrocuted dead mouse(snake food)in the bottom of the toaster as i had just finished my second slice....

The 84 OB. We win that, and Miami possibly never would have had the dynasty they did during the 80's and early 90's. We may have won a few more during that time.

I also like the 96 CCG, fwiw.

Ditto (84 OB) That game was the most painful game I've ever watched in my Husker loving life! Blah!! I bawled my head off after that game!!! Also, 2009 loss against Texas. WE WAS ROBBED!!!

1983 National championship against Miami. The only time in my life I cried after a Nebraska loss. I was heartbroken. Osborne going for the win. I can't remember anything more painful than watching Turner Gill's pass on the 2 pt conversion ricochet off of Jeff Smith's helmet.

Hands down, thats my choice. Only time I ever cried after a Husker loss.

2009 Big 12 Championship game. Never have I had the full range of human emotion in such a short period of time. It went from ecstatically hugging and high-fiving everybody, to wtf, okay well maybe they'll miss it, back to WTF and than fade to black. Numbness, the entire drive back to our hotel.

09 Va Tech is another one as well....Damn you Tyrod Taylor. Damn you.

If you could go back in time and pick ONE GAME the Huskers lost and change it to a win; which game would you change and WHY?

If you have a personal story that surrounds your pick please share.

:bonesflag:

Just one??

1984 Orange Bowl (1983 season). That was one of the best offenses in college football history. Defense was still running a 5-2 to stop the run oriented Big 8. Playing in the "neutral" Orange Bowl played in Miami, came up inches short vs Miami. The next year that defense with many of the same players back was the top rated defense in the country. That team along with the 1982 team should have been back to back undefeated national champions.

others ( I will try and limit to winable gamesand limit to 10 total)

1982 Penn State (see above)

the last 2 Big 12 Champ games.

1966 Orange Bowl vs Alabama (1965 season) Devaney said he didn't do a very good job in prep for this game and should havae won it. L 39-28

1994 Orange Bowl vs FSU (1993 season)

1996 Big 12 Champ Game vs Texas

1999 Texas

1978 Mizzu

1998 Texas, that stopped NUs home win streak, which would have eventually been record.

If you could go back in time and pick ONE GAME the Huskers lost and change it to a win; which game would you change and WHY?

If you have a personal story that surrounds your pick please share.

:bonesflag:

Just one??

1984 Orange Bowl (1983 season). That was one of the best offenses in college football history. Defense was still running a 5-2 to stop the run oriented Big 8. Playing in the "neutral" Orange Bowl played in Miami, came up inches short vs Miami. The next year that defense with many of the same players back was the top rated defense in the country. That team along with the 1982 team should have been back to back undefeated national champions.

others ( I will try and limit to winable gamesand limit to 10 total)

1982 Penn State (see above)

the last 2 Big 12 Champ games.

1966 Orange Bowl vs Alabama (1965 season) Devaney said he didn't do a very good job in prep for this game and should havae won it. L 39-28

1994 Orange Bowl vs FSU (1993 season)

1996 Big 12 Champ Game vs Texas

1999 Texas

1978 Mizzu

1998 Texas, that stopped NUs home win streak, which would have eventually been record.

The 84 Orange Bowl wins hands down. Unfortunate for the loss because a win would have cemented the teams rightly deserved title of Greatest college football team in history. I know some may argue that 96 is better but with that win over Miami it would be easy 1, 2 switch for any list.