OMG 2 More Years

Why does everyone want Bruce Pearl? There are plenty of other coaches at small schools that would make it big at a bigger school and aren't the Lane Kiffin of basketball. Butler, George Mason, sh#t, I'd even take the Princeton coach after seeing him at the news conference yesterday. The list goes on. No thank you to Bruce Pearl. Tennessee never impressed me to begin with.

Why does everyone want Bruce Pearl? There are plenty of other coaches at small schools that would make it big at a bigger school and aren't the Lane Kiffin of basketball. Butler, George Mason, sh#t, I'd even take the Princeton coach after seeing him at the news conference yesterday. The list goes on. No thank you to Bruce Pearl. Tennessee never impressed me to begin with.

The thing is we don't even have a chance at coaches at smaller schools that have proven themselves in the tournament because if they left it would be to schools with tradition. No way we can go out and get Brad Stevens, don't know a school at this time that could, doubt we could get Larranaga from George Mason, even they have a lot better tradition then us, but the Princeton coach could still be a small possibility but I'm thinking he will stay put. We don't have the attraction to go out and get coach on the rise like other schools so we would either have to get an assistant or someone who has had a troubled past like Pearl.

So Nebraska has been to the tourney 6 times in the History of the school and the NIT 17 times. The overall winning percentage is roughly 52%. Besides Danny Nee taking teams to the NCAA what has NU basketball ever done? People need to stop acting like what is going on with Doc is any different then what has happened every year besides the 6 years they went dancing. Stop acting like this University has some sort of tradition.

Bruce Pearl? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. To even act like that is a good idea is simply retarded. here is an idea if Bo doesn't work maybe we can bring in Lane Kiffin.

Brad Stevens? For every Thad Matta that has come through Butler there is a Todd Lickliter or a Barry Collier.

So Nebraska has been to the tourney 6 times in the History of the school and the NIT 17 times. The overall winning percentage is roughly 52%. Besides Danny Nee taking teams to the NCAA what has NU basketball ever done? People need to stop acting like what is going on with Doc is any different then what has happened every year besides the 6 years they went dancing. Stop acting like this University has some sort of tradition.

Bruce Pearl? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. To even act like that is a good idea is simply retarded. here is an idea if Bo doesn't work maybe we can bring in Lane Kiffin.

Brad Stevens? For every Thad Matta that has come through Butler there is a Todd Lickliter or a Barry Collier.

Brad Stevens has already taken Butler to a NC game and he is only in his 30's

Doc will be here next year. I'm 99.9% sure he'll be here the following year. I'm 90% sure he'll be here the year after that. You can talk about possible coaches all you want, the coach NU is going to have the next couple years is already here. And hiring an up and coming assistant is not going to change anything. The coach is not the problem. The AD not allowing AAU connections is the problem. Why do people have such a hard time understanding that? Look at all the kids that have been suspended at some point this season for "improper benefits." Every one of them has been a key player on his team and has received the "improper benefits" through some connection with his AAU coach. Look at all the teams that have built contenders out of no tradition the last few years, they've all hired AAU coaches. Get off Doc's back, this isn't his problem. There are only a handful of guys in the entire nation that could do a better job given this situation, and those are the guys that would never even think about coming to NU unless you're going to promise they'll be the highest paid coach in the nation every year.

• Fire 1

Doc will be here next year. I'm 99.9% sure he'll be here the following year. I'm 90% sure he'll be here the year after that. You can talk about possible coaches all you want, the coach NU is going to have the next couple years is already here. And hiring an up and coming assistant is not going to change anything. The coach is not the problem. The AD not allowing AAU connections is the problem. Why do people have such a hard time understanding that? Look at all the kids that have been suspended at some point this season for "improper benefits." Every one of them has been a key player on his team and has received the "improper benefits" through some connection with his AAU coach. Look at all the teams that have built contenders out of no tradition the last few years, they've all hired AAU coaches. Get off Doc's back, this isn't his problem. There are only a handful of guys in the entire nation that could do a better job given this situation, and those are the guys that would never even think about coming to NU unless you're going to promise they'll be the highest paid coach in the nation every year.

Well said.

So you like our chances, huh..... :)

GBR!!!

ncaa basketball is a different breed...the 90's didnt show anything more than a decent run, in a sh#t basketball conference, which was a GREAT run for nebraska basketball in general. several tourney appearances with no wins... a NIT championship...thats showing nebraska basketball can be/should be great? come on folks.

you fire Doc, bring someone else in, and what changes. nothing, other than we give another guy 3-4 years to maybe make the dance.

are you all the same ones that ran nee out of town after his success that you now fall back on?

I wouldn't have fired Danny in the first place. This program can be successful, but we need TO to get the F out for it to happen.

We didn't say great, we are saying that we shouldn't be a laughing stock like it has been since Knee was fired. And the Big 8 was no worse than the Big 12 is now. So you are failing on all of your points.

ncaa basketball is a different breed...the 90's didnt show anything more than a decent run, in a sh#t basketball conference, which was a GREAT run for nebraska basketball in general. several tourney appearances with no wins... a NIT championship...thats showing nebraska basketball can be/should be great? come on folks.

you fire Doc, bring someone else in, and what changes. nothing, other than we give another guy 3-4 years to maybe make the dance.

are you all the same ones that ran nee out of town after his success that you now fall back on?

How exactly do you know that? Bring in an assistant that is used to winning, like Chris Collins from Duke and he would be in great position to turn the program around. He can recruit as well and we shouldn't have those transfers every year which we have come accustomed to.

I don't know where this idea that NU can be successful is coming from. It never really has been. A handful of NCAA appearances, and no wins. There are several programs out there with more National Championships than NU has appearances. Its like ISU firing football coaches for not being in contention for a conference championship every year.

How exactly do you know that? Bring in an assistant that is used to winning, like Chris Collins from Duke and he would be in great position to turn the program around. He can recruit as well and we shouldn't have those transfers every year which we have come accustomed to.

Because the ONLY thing holding Doc back is recruiting. When Doc was at his previous schools, he spent the majority of those years as the LEAD RECRUITER and brought in a LOT of talent. T.O. says no to AAU connections no matter who the coach is. That's the problem, not Doc.

Also, you're not going to get a Duke assistant to come to NU. Assistant coach at Duke is a better gig than Head Coach at NU. Maybe once the new arena is up and an AD allows the AAU route, then you could try to get a guy. However, if that day comes and Doc is still around, you won't want to get rid of him because he WILL be winning.