OMG 2 More Years

What do I expect:

1. Finishing in the middle of the conference-maybe every couple of years you creep into the top 1/4

2. Beating teams that you should-----you don't lose to Iowa State/Texas Tech in a year like this

3. Seizing the moment! When you are the on the bubble, get over the hump

4. 20 wins a year

5. Make the Big Dance every other year----at least in the conversation come March

What do I expect:

1. Finishing in the middle of the conference-maybe every couple of years you creep into the top 1/4

2. Beating teams that you should-----you don't lose to Iowa State/Texas Tech in a year like this

3. Seizing the moment! When you are the on the bubble, get over the hump

4. 20 wins a year

5. Make the Big Dance every other year----at least in the conversation come March

Damn, hope you're not a royals fan too...

Sadler is horrid as a coach. Great guy. Easy to root for and all, but come on, tonight was bad. The last four games were bad. The Big 12 loss to OKST was bad. And it is not going to get any better. Count on it. Sadler reminds me of Dan Hawkins of CU. Runs a clean program. Easy to like. But can't win to save his freaking life.

Who else is better?

Tom Penders is available and Bruce Pearl might be soon. St. Johns signed Steve Lavin (sp?). Why can't NU sign a guy like him? Oh I know, NU's Ath. dept doesn't have the budget of St. Johns.

Facts are T.O. doesn't care about Nebrasketball. He wants us to believe he cares, and some people have bought into his spin. But the realities are - he doesn't care about NU b-ball.

Since he doesn't - why should anybody else?

Who else is better?

Tom Penders is available and Bruce Pearl might be soon. St. Johns signed Steve Lavin (sp?). Why can't NU sign a guy like him? Oh I know, NU's Ath. dept doesn't have the budget of St. Johns.

Facts are T.O. doesn't care about Nebrasketball. He wants us to believe he cares, and some people have bought into his spin. But the realities are - he doesn't care about NU b-ball.

Since he doesn't - why should anybody else?

Yes, Bruce Pearl is exactly the kind of guy T.O. would hire.

This extension means nothing. It's simply a recruiting tool - be able to tell the kids you have the AD's support and will be around all four years for the kid. Don't worry, I think the Athletic Department can scrounge up the necessary money if they decide to get rid of Sadler before then (which they won't). It's not like they just signed him to a 10 year, $2mil/year deal.

I've said it before (and frankly am tired of saying it) but it's true so I'll say it again. If you're gonna take a team with Nebraska's tradition (none) and try to turn it around cleanly (in the dirtiest collegiate sport played), it's going to take a LONG time. I think we can all agree Nee was not exactly "clean" and look what he was able to do - some good years but not even an NCAA tourney win at the highest peak of the program. Despite what some may say, Doc is a tremendous basketball coach, he's been struggling in recruiting. Tom has given him every tool now: practice facility, arena, a couple new assistants that are better at recruiting, and now a contract extension. It's all there. Now it's time for Doc to do it. Honestly I don't know if he will. I hope he does and could certainly see it happen, but these last few games have made me wonder. Either way, Doc is the option right now whether we like it or not.

• Fire 1

I guess because the fans wanted Osborne fired and were proved wrong, he feels this means all coaches should be kept as long as possible no matter what (well except Callahan, but I guess that one was obvious even for Tom). I don't advocate firing Sadler right now, but I don't know what he did to earn an extension :dunno It's easy to say they've improved, but when you finish in last place, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

Early in his career the fans were calling for TO to be fired but he was WINNING. SADler isn't winning and it is looking more and more like Bruce Pearl is going to be available. I don't think BP would come here or that UNL would be willing to pay his salary but who knows. BP comes to Lincoln we assign a compliance person to him and he cleans up his reputation.

T_O_B

:bigredn:

Early in his career the fans were calling for TO to be fired but he was WINNING. SADler isn't winning and it is looking more and more like Bruce Pearl is going to be available. I don't think BP would come here or that UNL would be willing to pay his salary but who knows. BP comes to Lincoln we assign a compliance person to him and he cleans up his reputation.

T_O_B

No WAY T.O. hires Bruce Pearl....can't ever see that happening.

I guess because the fans wanted Osborne fired and were proved wrong, he feels this means all coaches should be kept as long as possible no matter what (well except Callahan, but I guess that one was obvious even for Tom). I don't advocate firing Sadler right now, but I don't know what he did to earn an extension :dunno It's easy to say they've improved, but when you finish in last place, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

T_O_B

Can we please stop with the Pearl talk. Even mentioning his name is absurd. I will donate my entire life savings to the athletic department if Pearl's name is ever even mentioned by anyone in the department.

Nebraska should hire Butler's coach. It could be a step up for him and hes really young and has already taken that school to a NC game.

There are going to be a bunch of coaches out there looking to move up. Bruce Pearl is going to be available. 64 teams in the Dance and there are probably several who would be good for Nebraska even if they get knocked off. We just need to say, "The Doctor is out."

T_O_B