OMG 2 More Years

A two year extension for SADler. We will at best have 50/50 seasons. The B1G is a good, solid basketball conference. All we will be giving them is a bottom feeder to beat up on. I feel like a Frenchman when he sees the German Army, I throw my hands up and surrender.

T_O_B

:madash:steam:bigredn::steam:madash

I guess because the fans wanted Osborne fired and were proved wrong, he feels this means all coaches should be kept as long as possible no matter what (well except Callahan, but I guess that one was obvious even for Tom). I don't advocate firing Sadler right now, but I don't know what he did to earn an extension :dunno It's easy to say they've improved, but when you finish in last place, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

I guess because the fans wanted Osborne fired and were proved wrong, he feels this means all coaches should be kept as long as possible no matter what (well except Callahan, but I guess that one was obvious even for Tom). I don't advocate firing Sadler right now, but I don't know what he did to earn an extension :dunno It's easy to say they've improved, but when you finish in last place, it's hard to go anywhere but up.

Sorry to say, but IIRC I called this when Saddler beat Texass that he just won himself a 1-2 yr. extension.

Considering how we petered out at the end (again), I'm kinda pissed at myself for getting suckered into the delusion of competence once more.

And what exactly do people expect out of this program? Its a program that you would have to consider a bottom 5 program. One of only 2 BCS conference teams to never win a NCAA game. The school pays crap for the staff, has had ancient facilities. And certainly as long as TO is there the questionable recruiting and AAU connections will not be used, as most successful schools do. So again, what exactly is the expectation?

• Fire 2

I'm not sure what I expect of the program for sure. I guess to be competitive and make the Dance 50% of the time wouldn't be too much to ask for. I am a little shocked at the extension.

I have said that Sadler will not be fired or let go until given a chance to recruit to the new facilities, but I don't think there was any reason to give him an extension at this point. He still has what, 3 years on his contract? That should be enough until he proves he deserves more.

Maybe, Mabye if they make it to the Dance this year he would have deserved one, but I don't feel he did anything to get one this year. Now, i don't know the details of the extension but maybe there is no buyout if we decide to let him go before the contract is up. I guess this wouldn't be terrible.

It shows Sadler that T.O. is still behind him with the extension(which I really do believe he is and most of us are), but if he doesn't show something in the next couple years we can let him go without penalty. I just don't know, this one really confuses me. I don't understand the timing of it myself.

How long is enough?.....he has been here five seasons and not one of them has Nebraska been in the top half of the conference! If he was in the business world, he would have been canned already.

Or promoted. But certainly not stagnant. :koolaid2:

ncaa basketball is a different breed...the 90's didnt show anything more than a decent run, in a sh#t basketball conference, which was a GREAT run for nebraska basketball in general. several tourney appearances with no wins... a NIT championship...thats showing nebraska basketball can be/should be great? come on folks.

you fire Doc, bring someone else in, and what changes. nothing, other than we give another guy 3-4 years to maybe make the dance.

are you all the same ones that ran nee out of town after his success that you now fall back on?

• Fire 4

I don't know if a lot of people realize this, but it's NEBRASKA BASKETBALL. As much as I love them, they traditionally aren't very good. I'll take a team that finishes .500 and competes late into Feb. for a tournament bid, as long as he builds on it. If he doesn't produce anything better next year, then it might be ok to gripe about Sadler, but for now, I'm ok with the extension