Fiesta Bowl out of the BCS ?

Judoka

here

"Unprofessional, unethical or improper behavior is unacceptable. There is no place for such activities in higher education or in collegiate sports. It is expected that all parties contracted with the BCS will live up to the highest standards. We do not wish to be associated with entities that believe otherwise." - BCS exec Bill Hancock.

So, I guess they'll be cutting ties with the NCAA next.

here

"Unprofessional, unethical or improper behavior is unacceptable. There is no place for such activities in higher education or in collegiate sports. It is expected that all parties contracted with the BCS will live up to the highest standards. We do not wish to be associated with entities that believe otherwise." - BCS exec Bill Hancock.

So, I guess they'll be cutting ties with the NCAA next.

Soooo True. form the Jim rome show today...."Barry Bonds' Urine sample called and said the NCAA is dirty"

The NCAA is the biggest joke of an organization.

here is the front page stories for college football on SI website today:

BCS confident it could cut ties with Fiesta Bowl

Tressel apologizes; Buckeyes tab Fickell as fill-in

Auburn to look into players' claims of payments

Michigan's Hoke can earn $3.25 million per year

TRUTH & RUMORS: Pac-12 to play on Sundays?

Irish to play under home lights | 2 out for spring

Rutgers' LeGrand released from NJ rehab center

Two PSU football players charged after scuffle

Former Kansas tix employee sentenced to prison

Nebraska's Crick out for spring with knee injury

TRUTH & RUMORS: Carter's son 'Bama bound?

FX to broadcast weekly game during 2011 season

MORE CFB: News Wire | Teams

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/#ixzz1I8PjCZOy

4 of the top stories have to do with scandal and thats just today....seriously...this whole thing is becoming a sham. everyone is cheating. I have been a huge college sports fan my whole life-40 years, but anymore this crap is getting so old, I am thinking its time to find a new past time.the NCAA is the king pen of the whole big lie college sports is becoming.i guess it alsways maybe has been, but now its really in our face. I see that baylor kid made inelligible for the loans...the NCAA has to make an example out of him immediately, yet Auburn, OSU, etc.play their big games, the NCAA makes huge cash, etc. etc just venting...sorry

It's a shame how much damage one person can do to so many.

That end of town exploded (building wise) the last couple of years with the new Cardinals Stadium, Coyotes Hockey Arena, and the Fiesta Bowl all driving new support businesses and homes in that area..

Now with the impending BCS replacing us with Jerry World, not to mention the NFL/Players possible strike, and the Coyotes seeming to be wanting to return to Canada..

I may never get my house sold.

video

another video

Junker's reasoning for dropping $1,200 at a strip club was just great.

The handwritten description on Junker’s American Express statement for the strip club visit said “Junker, A. Brown—security site planning.” Junker stated that they did discuss business during the evening and that there was a business purpose to the Bourbon Street visit: “We are in the business where big strong athletes are known to attend these types of establishments. It was important for us to visit and we certainly conducted business.”

Source: Counsel to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of the Fiesta Bowl, Final Report

Link: Final Report

Of course Wright Waters maintains that: Fiesta Bowl Flap Likely to Have Big Ramifications for the BCS

"We have no reason to suspect anything like this in any other bowl," said Waters, one of the 11 Division I-A commissioners who direct college football's championship structure, "but the fallout from this is going to be felt everywhere."

Really? :facepalm:

It's a shame how much damage one person can do to so many.

That end of town exploded (building wise) the last couple of years with the new Cardinals Stadium, Coyotes Hockey Arena, and the Fiesta Bowl all driving new support businesses and homes in that area..

Now with the impending BCS replacing us with Jerry World, not to mention the NFL/Players possible strike, and the Coyotes seeming to be wanting to return to Canada..

I may never get my house sold.

video

another video

I liked it better in Tempe. Still the Glendale location is easier to access.

I want to see proof of those honest services in Dallas, Louisiana, and Miami before the rug is yanked out from under from Phoenix.