Iowa game

Let them talk. Honestly, I'm not really sure how any hickeye fan has the gall to open their mouth and talk any football smack to anyone anywhere. Ignorance, I suppose. They've never won anything that matters, and nobody outside of the state of Iowa follows the team. Hell, at least half the people in Iowa don't like Iowa.

I know, being born and raised in a worthless corner of that hapless state, rooting hopelessly year after year for a football season that mattered.

Literally the best move I've ever made was moving west to Omaha. It was amazing...my football IQ doubled when I crossed the Missouri....I talk to family still living there from time to time, and it's kind of silly how little they really know about football. Kind of like talking to a child about why their favorite football team will win some big game. I just shake my head.

The hickeyes are in heaping big trouble the day after Thanksgiving this year. Their entire program is poised on the brink of the abyss...they start losing to Nebraska annually and look out doormat! Any recruit in the state worth a look will be wearing some color other than black and gold, likely Red.

I believe the general chaos evidenced in the hickeye futball program since the announcement of the NU + B1G merger, and the loud unwarranted talking from that corner, revolves around panic felt all the way to the top of the program considering the very real, and very likely, possibility that hickeye football is on the verge of being banished to the wastebasket of football relevancy...in their own state...by the hated and very successful program next door.

Note to any hickeye fans reading this forum: The boogeyman is real, and every bit as scary as your momma told you.

Ok ok let's focus on the most important thing here, which is our OVERALL record. Although I too would like to beat Iowa, let's not lose sight of what the aim of our program should be this year, which is a B1G title.

We aren't CU where the success of our season is defined by one game.

:yeah times a million.

This isn't even going to be a rivalry. Let me repeat: Iowa is NOT our rival. Our only true rival will ever be is Oklahoma. Maybe in 20-30 years Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State will become our "true rival" due to their success and history. But saying Iowa is our rival is about the same as saying Colorado is our rival. I'm not saying Iowa/Missouri/Colorado/Kansas State never were formidable opponents, because at times they were, but please, only throw the word "rival" around with Oklahoma, or one that gets developed later.

This "rivalry" talk seems more of an Omaha/Council Bluffs thing, not a true Nebraska/Iowa thing. I understand there are more Hawkeye fans up there and by our borders, heck I went into Iowa on the way to Kansas City from Lincoln and instantly once I got over the border I saw a jeep with an Iowa Hawkeye logo on the back. So there are those fans around here and on the border, but the majority of the negativity and rivalry talk seems to be coming from Omaha and Council Bluffs. I understand we have Husker fans who live in Iowa and I'm sure they get sick of the Iowa fans since they live by them, but guys please, Iowa is not, has not and probably will never be on our level.

Heck, if Iowa even has any success that is on our level, THEN they could be considered our rival, but as of right now, and probably forever, they are NOT our rival, they just share a border with us, that is all, let them run their mouths like the step-headed children of the Big XII did as well, we don't need to stoop to their level or "pretend" this game means more than other games, because quite frankly it doesn't.

• Fire 1

First off name calling and trash talking is stooping to levels of fandom I don't want to be a part of. I'd enjoy having friendly conversation and a beer with hawkeye fans and let them make idiots of themselves. I do hope we stomp them yr in and out and hope we find that this game is not a rivalry. You know come gameday that crouch's knockout run will be on tunnelwalk...let's make some new highlights under pelini era!

• Fire 3

First off name calling and trash talking is stooping to levels of fandom I don't want to be a part of. I'd enjoy having friendly conversation and a beer with hawkeye fans and let them make idiots of themselves. I do hope we stomp them yr in and out and hope we find that this game is not a rivalry. You know come gameday that crouch's knockout run will be on tunnelwalk...let's make some new highlights under pelini era!

Agree entirely.

I just asked for that Friday off yesterday...planing ahead. I've been working with some Hawkeye fans who have repeatedly been talking trash whenever Nebraska loses I'll hear about it either on Sunday or Monday. I've never rubbed a loss in their faces the next time I see them because I don't like it when people rub a loss in my face or talking trash about the team I root for.

I finally had enough of their crap I finally said "When was the last time Iowa played Nebraska? Oh ya thats right Nebraska spanked you guys back in 99' and 00' so Hawkeye fans shouldn't be talking any smack toward Husker fans."

Can't wait for the Iowa game this year and beating them year after year just to shut them damn Iowa fans up.

Wow, every one of you are on here talking smack about Iowa. Nebraska's so great. . . blah blah blah. Try showing some respect for teams in your new conference.

To the one looking for a hawkeye forum- www.hawkeyenation.com and I promise no one will be on there talking Sh1t about Nebraska.

Wow, every one of you are on here talking smack about Iowa. Nebraska's so great. . . blah blah blah. Try showing some respect for teams in your new conference.

To the one looking for a hawkeye forum- www.hawkeyenation.com and I promise no one will be on there talking Sh1t about Nebraska.

Yup I sure am sorry but I've been receiving crap from Hawkeye fans since 2002 for no reason. I've never said a damn thing to Hawkeye fans because A. We played in different conferences B. We don't play Iowa on a yearly basis C. My whole moms side of the family are Hawkeye fans and D. Its Iowa...I could really careless about Iowa.

My best buddy since 6th grade is a Notre Dame fan and I hate Notre Dame with a passion but you will never see me talk trash to his face or rubbing the loss in his face.

When Nebraska got beat by ISU during the 09' season I heard about that loss every week both during the season and the offseason. Sure there were other losses that they would bring up and rub in but the ISU game is by far the most used loss that they (Iowa fans) bring up. When Iowa got beat by Western Michigan in 07' I never rubbed that loss to my Hawkeye co-workers but I sure did laugh about it with my Husker friends and family members. BTW I was rooting for Iowa when you played against Mizzou in the bowl game.

Yup I sure am sorry but I've been receiving crap from Hawkeye fans since 2002 for no reason. I've never said a damn thing to Hawkeye fans because A. We played in different conferences B. We don't play Iowa on a yearly basis C. My whole moms side of the family are Hawkeye fans and D. Its Iowa...I could really careless about Iowa.

My best buddy since 6th grade is a Notre Dame fan and I hate Notre Dame with a passion but you will never see me talk trash to his face or rubbing the loss in his face.

When Nebraska got beat by ISU during the 99' season I heard about that loss every week both during the season and the offseason. Sure there were other losses that they would bring up and rub in but the ISU game is by far the most used loss that they (Iowa fans) bring up. When Iowa got beat by Western Michigan in 07' I never rubbed that loss to my Hawkeye co-workers but I sure did laugh about it with my Husker friends and family members. BTW I was rooting for Iowa when you played against Mizzou in the bowl game.

Wow, the joke was on you. Nebraska won that game by, like, 35 points in '99.

lulz!! I'm on that site pretty much every day, and they talk more about Nebraska (mostly sh!t, you know relevant stuff like LP, Christian Peter :dumdum ) then they do about their own team. Iowa fans are every bit as horrible as Mizzou or Colorado fans, even though we were not even in the same conference until now, and haven't played each other for 10 years. Hell, they even have the same colors and CU and Mizzou, go figure.

This. They take more pride in a Nebraska loss then they do in their own team winning. It's quite pathetic.

We aren't CU Iowa where the success of our season is defined by one game.

fify :thumbs

Are you serious?! I visited that site maybe 5 times and all they were doing was talking crap about Nebraska. Although, it shouldn't be anything new to me, all I've heard for 30 years is Iowa fans running their mouths about Nebraska. I seriously haven't met one decent Iowa fan the entire time I've lived here. All they do is run their mouths when they have no reason to..........sorry it's true. I was born in Iowa and still live here so I have plenty of experience with arrogant Iowa fans. I walk outside and say nothing to my neighbor and the moron starts spouting off at the mouth about Iowa because I'm wearing my NU gear. It's annoying............

When Nebraska got beat by ISU during the 99' season I heard about that loss every week both during the season and the offseason. Sure there were other losses that they would bring up and rub in but the ISU game is by far the most used loss that they (Iowa fans) bring up. When Iowa got beat by Western Michigan in 07' I never rubbed that loss to my Hawkeye co-workers but I sure did laugh about it with my Husker friends and family members. BTW I was rooting for Iowa when you played against Mizzou in the bowl game.

Wow, the joke was on you. Nebraska won that game by, like, 35 points in '99.

Wow looks whos on my back yet again....sorry hit two 99's on accident suppose to be 09' but I think you know what game I was talking about :thumbs