Iowa game

For the record, I respect Hawkeye fans. You're another midwestern school where in-state kids want to stay home and play for you. We both have recruiting disadvantages. Walk-ons can make an impact. The fan bases are rabid. We don't have pro teams to root for.

We're not being arrogant when we say Nebraska WAS better than Iowa. It's just a plain fact. If you can't realize that, with all that's been laid out in this thread, combined with a touch of common sense, there's no help for you.

Fixed it for you.

Never mind. You all have convinced me Nebraska is not worth being Iowa's rival. I agree, it's just another game. I think they should move it to the first game, that way once the first four are over I can watch the Hawks play the traditional B1G teams, cuz you all just don't quite fit in just yet. You all can pick your last game and we will take Bucky or OH ST. back for our last one after all we have been pounding the rock with them for some time.

178991d1288656977-newegg-ocz-rally2-16gb-5-40-umad.jpg

• Fire 2

For the record, I respect Hawkeye fans. You're another midwestern school where in-state kids want to stay home and play for you. We both have recruiting disadvantages. Walk-ons can make an impact. The fan bases are rabid. We don't have pro teams to root for.

We're not being arrogant when we say Nebraska WAS better than Iowa. It's just a plain fact. If you can't realize that, with all that's been laid out in this thread, combined with a touch of common sense, there's no help for you.

Fixed it for you.

So wait, are we doing past or present?

Past: 5 National titles > 0 National titles.

Present: 10-4 > 8-5

What I love about this thread is how respect for Iowa is demanded, and we pout when we don't get it, but BY GUM we will NOT give respect to Nebraska (despite examples of why Nebraska may be worthy of respect).

It's convenient that we have two standards - one for each team. ;)

For my part I respect Iowa, and I have respect for their fans and their accomplishments. But when you start comparing them to Nebraska, the stats just don't lie.

Fixed it for you.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say over the history of football, Nebraska has been much better than Iowa but given that over the last decade Iowa has really stepped up their game, it could very well make for a Thanksgiving game being played for the division title? The entire point I have been trying to make is that given RECENT history, the game in the fall should be a good one. I have in no way argued that Nebraska does not have a more storied history, just that this game is being played NOW.

It is no different from me being confident that we will beat Michigan this year - not because we are a better team than Michigan over the history of the game, but that I believe we will be a better team than Michigan this year given who each team is returning and how things went last year.

My entire problem with the attitude isn't that you all think you are going to win because I would be dissapointed if you didn't think that way - but that the reasons given are typically of the "we have 200 more wins than you all time so that shows we are just better than you" variety. This is also what leads to my - this isn't the 90s comments. When talking about a SINGLE YEARS game, it doesn't matter what you did over the past 100 years. Hell it doesn't even matter so much what you did 5 years ago. What matters is how you have done the past couple of years and who you have coming back - both starter and new guys. Now over the course of the next decade worth of games between our teams, the historical significance can come into play because that has an effect on recruiting and in that you will have a significant edge. I am sure that Iowa WILL lose a few recruits to you guys - people that wanted to play in the Big 10 but were overlooked by Michigan and Ohio State might choose to come to Nebraska as one of your low end recruits instead of one of our high end recruits. But as for the game this year, breaking down what both teams have coming back and how the matchups are looking, it just looks like it will be a really close fought game and to think otherwise simply because you have a bunch of national championships and we don't just seems :facepalm:

edit: Before someone points out the obvious - yes I talk about last decade in the first paragraph and then say that only the last few years really matters in the last paragraph but you should get my point anyway :P

• Fire 1

Never mind. You all have convinced me Nebraska is not worth being Iowa's rival. I agree, it's just another game. I think they should move it to the first game, that way once the first four are over I can watch the Hawks play the traditional B1G teams, cuz you all just don't quite fit in just yet. You all can pick your last game and we will take Bucky or OH ST. back for our last one after all we have been pounding the rock with them for some time.

You should have just stopped with the Nevermind...

Fixed it for you.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say over the history of football, Nebraska has been much better than Iowa but given that over the last decade Iowa has really stepped up their game, it could very well make for a Thanksgiving game being played for the division title? The entire point I have been trying to make is that given RECENT history, the game in the fall should be a good one. I have in no way argued that Nebraska does not have a more storied history, just that this game is being played NOW.

It is no different from me being confident that we will beat Michigan this year - not because we are a better team than Michigan over the history of the game, but that I believe we will be a better team than Michigan this year given who each team is returning and how things went last year.

My entire problem with the attitude isn't that you all think you are going to win because I would be dissapointed if you didn't think that way - but that the reasons given are typically of the "we have 200 more wins than you all time so that shows we are just better than you" variety. This is also what leads to my - this isn't the 90s comments. When talking about a SINGLE YEARS game, it doesn't matter what you did over the past 100 years. Hell it doesn't even matter so much what you did 5 years ago. What matters is how you have done the past couple of years and who you have coming back - both starter and new guys. Now over the course of the next decade worth of games between our teams, the historical significance can come into play because that has an effect on recruiting and in that you will have a significant edge. I am sure that Iowa WILL lose a few recruits to you guys - people that wanted to play in the Big 10 but were overlooked by Michigan and Ohio State might choose to come to Nebraska as one of your low end recruits instead of one of our high end recruits. But as for the game this year, breaking down what both teams have coming back and how the matchups are looking, it just looks like it will be a really close fought game and to think otherwise simply because you have a bunch of national championships and we don't just seems :facepalm:

edit: Before someone points out the obvious - yes I talk about last decade in the first paragraph and then say that only the last few years really matters in the last paragraph but you should get my point anyway :P

I think you are wasting your breath. But I agree!!

Fixed it for you.

If by WAS, you mean THE MOST RECENT polls where Nebraska finished #20 in the AP and #19 in USA Today, while Iowa finished unranked in both, then yes, WAS is the correct term. Thank you.

It's like talking to a five-year old. Yes, yes, I get it, your dad can beat up my dad. I got it.

This is what Nebraska will be doing to Iowa on a yearly basis....bending them over and sticking it where the sun don't shine :lol:

ephn55.jpg

Yeah!

I thinking about making that picture you made as my signature now....thanks UGA :lol:

As much as I prefer us being snarky adversaries, sometimes you just have to work together for the greater good.