Does anyone abstain from watching the NFL?

I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. To me the NFL is a boring game and only watch it when I am at work. I to have gotten into hockey big time within the last couple years,and being close to St. Louis have become a big Blues fan. Just more exciting options than the NFL imho.

I do not watch the NFL much, but after all the crap that is going on this offseason I'm going to try and not watch even one snap this season. And since Adrian Peterson said playing in the NFL is like slavery, I don't think any fan should pay money for a ticket. Just remember, when you pay money for a ticket, you are condoning slavery and we don't want that for the players. We need to free them by not going to games.

I'm with the OP - I catch maybe 2-3 games a year total. It's not so much that I don't like the NFL - but it's hard to get interested in a team when 50% of the roster turns over from year-year and the coaching staff changes so frequently. My main problem with the NFL is it's on Sundays - and I spend all day Saturday on my a$$, so Sunday is my day to get things done in the house/yard/garage. I watch Monday night games occasionally, but usually there's a better show on.

In my experience I have met very few College Football fans who do not watch the NFL. I am one of these people. Does anyone else not watch?? College Football starts almost two weeks before the NFL kicks off, so I see little to no reason to watch professional football. No, usually not even to watch former Huskers play. If you put all the time together I spend watching the NFL it might equal 2 games with one of them being the super bowl. There are way too many overpaid prima donna crybaby showboat thugs in the NFL and way too much corruption involved.

This same mentality is prevalent in college football and I would argue that both the NFL and NCAA feed off of one another in this regard. I don't think the NFL has a trickle down effect in all scenarios. In fact, I would argue most of the "thugs" you are referring to were not made into such things by the NFL. It very well could have been from college or before that.

It would also be nice to require NFL players to play 4 years of College level football first. I think that would curb some of the thuggery.

I don't know what you mean by this. There are players that leave for the NFL after four years of college that are far more immature than some who leave early. I don't think "thuggery" has anything to do with having a college degree. Some kids go to college with the mindset of succeeding early and going to the pros as soon as possible.

I understand what I think is your intention behind this, but I think you expect too much and are putting too much blame on the NFL when some of these kids start earning money long before the NFL.

Besides, if you think this kind of stuff is an issue in football, you should be even more upset with basketball. Players only have to go to college for one year and the "thug" lifestyle has always been more prevalent in basketball.

Main reason I don't watch many entire NFL games is commercials, the whole freaking game has been reorganized to maximize commercial breaks. Half the time I just want a team to get a 1st so they don't have to punt and go to commercial. NFL Red Zone is the only way to watch Sunday football as far as I'm concerned.

I hear ya. Commercials is why each year I cancel cable TV immediately after the Huskers last game. They're loud, stupid beyond belief and endless. It was sickening listening to game announcers a few years ago justifying mindless rule changes to "speed the game up". Hey ASSH*LES.....cut down the commercials!

I like the NFL & NBA almost as much as watching paint dry.

The upside is that due to the internet each year I can watch more NU games online with no comercials. Hopefully soon cable TV will be history for me.

I love Nebraska, but I'm not really all that interested in CFB outside of the Huskers. The NFL meanwhile, has a lot of good players I like to follow from a variety of teams. There are a lot of games that are easy to get into on any given Sunday. I don't know where the animosity comes from...but I love the NFL, and I love watching it.

I have yet to watch an entire NFL game in the last few years. Sunday is for recovering from Saturday gamedays and for watching highlights from Saturday.

I wish there was more lag time between College Football and NFL gamedays. Since they are back-to-back most people graze over Sunday highlights for the college game, but continue with NFL highlights till midweek.

And since Adrian Peterson said playing in the NFL is like slavery, I don't think any fan should pay money for a ticket. Just remember, when you pay money for a ticket, you are condoning slavery and we don't want that for the players. We need to free them by not going to games.

Not directing this at you Po, but A.D. saying this is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. A.D. makes millions a year and then he says it is like slavery. Wow! It's not like he can't quit and do something else, and I am sure he doesn't get beaten, sleep in a barn, or made to have children to keep the game going when they get older.

To even compare it to slavery is just retarded. There are more jobs out there where people have to take just to scrape a living which is more demeaning and he has it made with money. He just made my prima donna list.

I am hoping the bolded is sarcasm though.

And since Adrian Peterson said playing in the NFL is like slavery, I don't think any fan should pay money for a ticket. Just remember, when you pay money for a ticket, you are condoning slavery and we don't want that for the players. We need to free them by not going to games.

Not directing this at you Po, but A.D. saying this is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. A.D. makes millions a year and then he says it is like slavery. Wow! It's not like he can't quit and do something else, and I am sure he doesn't get beaten, sleep in a barn, or made to have children to keep the game going when they get older.

To even compare it to slavery is just retarded. There are more jobs out there where people have to take just to scrape a living which is more demeaning and he has it made with money. He just made my prima donna list.

I am hoping the bolded is sarcasm though.

OFF TOPIC - do you ride?

I don't watch NFL football until after College Football is over or if there is a game i really want to watch on Sunday. There is too much showboating and not enough playing for the game. In other words its all about money in the NFL and not about football.