Does anyone abstain from watching the NFL?

And since Adrian Peterson said playing in the NFL is like slavery, I don't think any fan should pay money for a ticket. Just remember, when you pay money for a ticket, you are condoning slavery and we don't want that for the players. We need to free them by not going to games.

Not directing this at you Po, but A.D. saying this is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. A.D. makes millions a year and then he says it is like slavery. Wow! It's not like he can't quit and do something else, and I am sure he doesn't get beaten, sleep in a barn, or made to have children to keep the game going when they get older.

To even compare it to slavery is just retarded. There are more jobs out there where people have to take just to scrape a living which is more demeaning and he has it made with money. He just made my prima donna list.

I am hoping the bolded is sarcasm though.

:LOLtartar Yea sarcasm. It was stupid for him to say, especially since most of the U.S. is struggling through this economy and hes complaining about making a few more millions. I hate the NFL.

I love Nebraska, but I'm not really all that interested in CFB outside of the Huskers. The NFL meanwhile, has a lot of good players I like to follow from a variety of teams. There are a lot of games that are easy to get into on any given Sunday. I don't know where the animosity comes from...but I love the NFL, and I love watching it.

The "showboating thing" used to bother me, but either I got used to it, or learned to ignore it..But I still sorta hate Deon Sanders..It would be even worse of he was a 'Cain instead of a 'nole.

I guess some of the transparent owners ruin it for me..The local team (Cardinals) have been owned by a guy/family that would only buy the players one pair of cletes per season..If a player ever got a shoe contract, he would immediately become the other player's buddy just so he could hook 'em up with some shoes...They finally rode Kurt Warner to the SB only to lose most of the supporting cast the very next season because the owner didn't really care about winning as much as having a tax write off.

I used to watch a few NFL games if I remembered to look at the rosters for Huskers (You're NEVER a "Former Husker") and would try to watch until I was assured that they were doing allright..And I would sometimes record the Super Bowl so I could fastforward through the "excitin'" game action and watch the funny? new commercials later.

But I guess with an almost meaningless regular season with teams playing each other so often, and hardly ever feeling either team displays any sort of dominance over the others, it just doesn't seem all that interesting. (I'm not talking blowouts..And I'm a former Defensive player..but if there's not going to be some sort of Offensive production, you might as well watch soccer).

I guess those are a few the main reasons I fear any form of playoff in CFB..You don't get any "truer" champion in the end..Just a different one sometimes..Probably one that just got hot at the end rather than the most consistant one over the whole season..."Settling it on the field" sounds nice..But more times than not, these games seem to hinge on luck more than which team is actually better..or when they decide to call Offensive holding.

The most memorable game I remember was when I was eleven.."Game of the Century" NU vs. OU and you knew that the winner would probably be the last one with the ball.

Each time I watch a game, I sorta hope it will be another just like that...

But with the promise or at least potential of "living another day" that a conference Championship game allows..(for a rematch), I've come to let that dream go.

Playoffs further water that dream down..if that makes any sense.

• Fire 1

There are way too many overpaid prima donna crybaby showboat thugs in the NFL and way too much corruption involved. Add the media spin that almost turns a season into a scripted soap opera that reminds me of the WWF and it's enough to turn my stomach. Thats why the same elements seeping their way into college football make me furious. It would be nice to lock up the people involved in coligate corruption and ban them from football for life.

Overpaid? probably. But to suggest that there are more showboaters and thugs in the NFL than NCAA is ignorant. There have always been thugs in both leagues. Have you ever heard of the Miami Hurricanes? That was 25-30 years ago. Lawrence Phillips? One of our own. These are big physical athletes playing a violent game, many coming from a rough background. There is not more thuggery in the NFL than there is in college; it is just more visible.

I'm very similar. I might watch 3-4 NFL games a year one of which is the Super Bowl. I dont like some of the rules (i.e cant shove a receiver out of bounds while in the air, and the rediculous protection of the QB)

The push-out rule was taken out 2 years ago; it was only in the league for a couple of years. Protection of the QB happens at both levels and is good for safety, although it kind of sucks for the game. Just ask Courtney Osborne if they protect QBs at the collegiate leve.

I do not watch the NFL at all... not even typically, the Super Bowl. My problem is all the arrogant grandstanding --- the displays of self-serving "I'm the man" when a nice catch is made, a big hit is made or when someone gets a sack. I hate that kind of thing and it has so gotten out of hand. It has begun to bleed down to the college level too where.. even there, they let these kids grandstand more than they ought.

Exactly how old are you?

Main reason I don't watch many entire NFL games is commercials, the whole freaking game has been reorganized to maximize commercial breaks. Half the time I just want a team to get a 1st so they don't have to punt and go to commercial. NFL Red Zone is the only way to watch Sunday football as far as I'm concerned.

College games take longer than NFL games; There are at least as many, if not more, commercials in the college game. Duh, the NFL is commercialized, it is a professional football league.

I love Nebraska, but I'm not really all that interested in CFB outside of the Huskers. The NFL meanwhile, has a lot of good players I like to follow from a variety of teams. There are a lot of games that are easy to get into on any given Sunday. I don't know where the animosity comes from...but I love the NFL, and I love watching it.

+1

There are way too many overpaid prima donna crybaby showboat thugs in the NFL and way too much corruption involved. Add the media spin that almost turns a season into a scripted soap opera that reminds me of the WWF and it's enough to turn my stomach. Thats why the same elements seeping their way into college football make me furious. It would be nice to lock up the people involved in coligate corruption and ban them from football for life.

Overpaid? probably. But to suggest that there are more showboaters and thugs in the NFL than NCAA is ignorant. There have always been thugs in both leagues. Have you ever heard of the Miami Hurricanes? That was 25-30 years ago. Lawrence Phillips? One of our own. These are big physical athletes playing a violent game, many coming from a rough background. There is not more thuggery in the NFL than there is in college; it is just more visible.

I'm very similar. I might watch 3-4 NFL games a year one of which is the Super Bowl. I dont like some of the rules (i.e cant shove a receiver out of bounds while in the air, and the rediculous protection of the QB)

The push-out rule was taken out 2 years ago; it was only in the league for a couple of years. Protection of the QB happens at both levels and is good for safety, although it kind of sucks for the game. Just ask Courtney Osborne if they protect QBs at the collegiate leve.

I do not watch the NFL at all... not even typically, the Super Bowl. My problem is all the arrogant grandstanding --- the displays of self-serving "I'm the man" when a nice catch is made, a big hit is made or when someone gets a sack. I hate that kind of thing and it has so gotten out of hand. It has begun to bleed down to the college level too where.. even there, they let these kids grandstand more than they ought.

Exactly how old are you?

Main reason I don't watch many entire NFL games is commercials, the whole freaking game has been reorganized to maximize commercial breaks. Half the time I just want a team to get a 1st so they don't have to punt and go to commercial. NFL Red Zone is the only way to watch Sunday football as far as I'm concerned.

College games take longer than NFL games; There are at least as many, if not more, commercials in the college game. Duh, the NFL is commercialized, it is a professional football league.

+1

Everyone, regardless of age, should find self-serving actions and attitudes, grandstanding and drawing attention to ones self as being distasteful, unethical, and wrong. That those who are older see this more clearly is testimony of how poorly we (us old codgers) parented and how lacking in discernment the younger generation is....

OH... and I am really OLD

Everyone, regardless of age, should find self-serving actions and attitudes, grandstanding and drawing attention to ones self as being distasteful, unethical, and wrong. That those who are older see this more clearly is testimony of how poorly we (us old codgers) parented and how lacking in discernment the younger generation is....

Right, but that being said...these guys are amped up. They make a play, they are going to celebrate. The act of celebrating, whether intentional or not, often brings attention to them. There's something to be said for acting the right way and promoting good sportsmanship, at any level. But insinuating that this attention-drawing only happens in the NFL, or happens more in the NFL, is ridiculous. And there are now penalties in place at both levels to try and curb this.

I do not mind the excitement after a big play is made in the NFL. But the staged dances, Terrel Owens type action is what I hate. Act like you have been there before.

But the NFL game is all about percentages, you know just about every play what is going to happen, when they will pass, who will carry the rock. It is just too boring for me. Talent is there, and early games are somewhat good, but as the season goes on the need to make plays on a losing team becomes, hey I could get hurt doing that, aligaotr arms late in the year are quite evident. Less effort, less emotion. Business as ususal.

It is business, short careers playing for money and nothing else for most.

Unfortunately college is turning the same way. Kids used to grow up living to play for their favorite college team, be it Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State. Now it is about who has the facilities, the most play stateions, the newest gyms, and did I get laid while on my visit. Both are changing, and I am not fooled that it is not about money, see our spring game.

I do not mind the excitement after a big play is made in the NFL. But the staged dances, Terrel Owens type action is what I hate. Act like you have been there before.

But the NFL game is all about percentages, you know just about every play what is going to happen, when they will pass, who will carry the rock. It is just too boring for me. Talent is there, and early games are somewhat good, but as the season goes on the need to make plays on a losing team becomes, hey I could get hurt doing that, aligaotr arms late in the year are quite evident. Less effort, less emotion. Business as ususal.

It is business, short careers playing for money and nothing else for most.

Unfortunately college is turning the same way. Kids used to grow up living to play for their favorite college team, be it Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State. Now it is about who has the facilities, the most play stateions, the newest gyms, and did I get laid while on my visit. Both are changing, and I am not fooled that it is not about money, see our spring game.

The bolded part I agree with. The italicized part is ridiculous. Like I said, do you remember the Miami Hurricanes and the celebrations they did? And the NFL and NCAA now both have rules in place to prevent ridiculous T.O. celebrations. And saying that the NFL is predictable and boring is also the kind of general statement that you can't back up in any way. It isn't. Make a game thread sometime where you predict whether the next play will be a run or a pass, or who will get the ball. You'll do just as well in a NFL game as you would in a college game. Less effort and emotion, come on. These guys are competitors. They want to win. Its not like they graduated college and decided that winning is overrated.

Right, but that being said...these guys are amped up. They make a play, they are going to celebrate. The act of celebrating, whether intentional or not, often brings attention to them. There's something to be said for acting the right way and promoting good sportsmanship, at any level. But insinuating that this attention-drawing only happens in the NFL, or happens more in the NFL, is ridiculous. And there are now penalties in place at both levels to try and curb this.

Oh no... I did not mean to imply that the attention-drawing displays are only in the NFL. In fact, I stated that it is prevalent in the NFL and constitutes why I will not watch --- but I also stated it is in the NBA and college BBall and I will not watch those either. And... i also stated that it is bleeding into college football too. Soon... perhaps.. though I hope not -- such grandstanding/arrogance poor sportsmanship will make college football unwatchable too.

It is a large sweeping societal problem, typified by the NFL (though the NFL is not the exclusive poster child of such poor sportsmanship --- the NBA and college hoops are poster children too). Remember I am OLD.

For me, when you score you walk/jog the ball over to the ref hand it to him go to the sidelines and high five your teammates. Make a sack? get back in the defensive formation and get ready for the next play. You pancake a guy and you help him up and acknowledge his effort. No trash talking. I am so old I prefer that players have numbers and no names on their uniforms.

Rant over. Time for bed....

I watch as much college football as I can. I was watching the Sun Belt Tuesday night games when they were playing those, and thought they were great. If it's college football and I can possibly be around a TV, I'll have a game on, guaranteed.

I watch a fair amount of NFL, too. If the Bears are on I'll have that game on, certainly. But the NFL is usually something I have on in the background, not a sit down, gotta-watch-it kinda thing.

I watch as much college football as I can. I was watching the Sun Belt Tuesday night games when they were playing those, and thought they were great. If it's college football and I can possibly be around a TV, I'll have a game on, guaranteed.

I watch a fair amount of NFL, too. If the Bears are on I'll have that game on, certainly. But the NFL is usually something I have on in the background, not a sit down, gotta-watch-it kinda thing.

Pretty much the same way knapplc. If an SunBelt game is on a sunday night versus the NFL, I usually watch the Sunbelt game. I absolutely love college football, i just cant get into the NFL. I watch the NFL basically if theirs nothing else or a big game