Partnership w/ OWH and HI

For some reason I can't get the link to work, I'd like to see the information. I think OWH is always trying to figure out how to make more $ off Husker news (I'm OK with that) but they need to find a way to get news that is exclusive enough to be worth paying for. I may be way off but I think HI has has some exclusive content.

I will never be okay with people stealing info from a paid site and bringng it here. In fact we have always been very accomodating to any paid site who comes to us and claims info has been taken and reproduced on this site. But in the end it's that sites members that are spreading the news and will be reprimanded on their site for doing so. If enough members get caught doing it, that site loses members and revenue.

Can they last?

Another question, exactly how many paid sites can actually exist for a college football team? It's not like this is the New York Yankees or Los Angeles Lakers...we are a small public university, yes with rabid fans, but we are much smaller than many other universities. Just thinking out loud.

Asked my wife about this after reading the OWH announcement, or advertisement, however you want to look at it. Does this open the door to the OWH possibly holding back info in their articles so you have to visit HuskerIllustrated to read the rest? I can get all the recruiting news I need here. I can see it now...(Taylor Martinez looked like a leader in his win over..visit our paid site for the rest of the article) Any thoughts?

I can't convince myself that paying for Husker news is worth it. I haven't seen the business numbers, but I think moving to an advertising business model would pay more dividends. Especially now that the NCAA won't allow coaches to use information not available to the general public. Imagine if NU fans could go on the Wyoming site for free - we'd be there bumping their view numbers dramatically. And tOSU, UM, Wisc (is it UW?), etc. fans could head on over to the NU site.

Not going to pay the site for information...simple enough!

Same here, however it is my understanding that the OWH will mostly use HI for recruiting info, and everything else will still be free from the OWH. Not exactly how this works though. Maybe some free OHW articles about the team will spill over on HI too.