Anyone else think that Snooki is a PIG?

If my kid was on Jersey Shore being a drunk, but not committing any crimes, I would prefer that over a baseball playing kid that did And if the kid was stuck in the minors for more than about three years, I'd advise him to move on with his life.

You obviously never watched/payed any attention to baseball. Let me fill you in, sometimes it takes kids who are between the ages of 19-22 three years to break into the Majors. All the while, when they are playing triple a or double a they are still making really good money.

• Fire 1

If my kid was on Jersey Shore being a drunk, but not committing any crimes, I would prefer that over a baseball playing kid that did And if the kid was stuck in the minors for more than about three years, I'd advise him to move on with his life.

You obviously never watched/payed any attention to baseball. Let me fill you in, sometimes it takes kids who are between the ages of 19-22 three years to break into the Majors. All the while, when they are playing triple a or double a they are still making really good money.

Shhhh you might hurt his feelings. I hear he watchings The Jersey Shore with his dad as a family tradtion instead of going to a Baseball game.

Whats a baseball playing kid? If my son played Football, would he be considered a football playing kid? Wouldn't it be easier to say "a kid playing baseball?"

Since when did And become capitalized or did you just forget to place a period before And? I just figured I'd ask you since you're the grammar expert........ZING :thumbs

• Fire 1

http://96.0.98.5/Baseball_Knowledge/Baseball_Player/11381.html 30k isn't horrible, but I think I'd rather go to college/pursue something else. The odds found in the link below make it seem like actually making it to the majors are VERY low.

http://www.diamondfans.com/minors-peltier.html

Whats a baseball playing kid? If my son played Football, would he be considered a football playing kid? Wouldn't it be easier to say "a kid playing baseball?"

Since when did And become capitalized or did you just forget to place a period before And? I just figured I'd ask you since you're the grammar expert........ZING :thumbs

Haha this is great. I love reading arguments on huskerboard. :corndance :corndance

• Fire 1

Haha this is great. I love reading arguments on huskerboard. :corndance :corndance

HAHAHA I know its great....enjoying a nice cold Coors Light and watching Seinfeld while browsing Huskerboard

• Fire 1

http://96.0.98.5/Baseball_Knowledge/Baseball_Player/11381.html 30k isn't horrible, but I think I'd rather go to college/pursue something else. The odds found in the link below make it seem like actually making it to the majors are VERY low.

So, if your child was making a living doing something they loved and have always wanted to do, you would tell them if they didn't make it to the majors that they should move on? There are plenty of players that never make it to the majors, but if they enjoy playing the game for a living then it doesn't matter to them.

• Fire 1

Shhhh you might hurt his feelings. I hear he watchings The Jersey Shore with his dad as a family tradtion instead of going to a Baseball game.

Wow. So my dad and I watch Jersey Shore together, eh? Well being that either one of us alone probably has more “College Degrees” than your entire family, I think that it has served us better than your family’s little baseball endeavors. Ya know, since you seem to put such a high premium on attaining a “College Degree”.

http://96.0.98.5/Bas...ayer/11381.html 30k isn't horrible, but I think I'd rather go to college/pursue something else. The odds found in the link below make it seem like actually making it to the majors are VERY low.

http://www.diamondfa...rs-peltier.html

So, if your child was making a living doing something they loved and have always wanted to do, you would tell them if they didn't make it to the majors that they should move on? There are plenty of players that never make it to the majors, but if they enjoy playing the game for a living then it doesn't matter to them.

If my kid wanted to do something that they loved, by all means do it, but I would prefer that it be in a career that A. Has a longer average span than just under 6 years B. Is over when they decide to leave vs. being over when they "can't do it" anymore.

Wow. So my dad and I watch Jersey Shore together, eh? Well being that either one of us alone probably has more “College Degrees” than your entire family, I think that it has served us better than your family’s little baseball endeavors. Ya know, since you seem to put such a high premium on attaining a “College Degree”.

WHAT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7_LreuSY3Y

• Fire 2

http://96.0.98.5/Bas...ayer/11381.html 30k isn't horrible, but I think I'd rather go to college/pursue something else. The odds found in the link below make it seem like actually making it to the majors are VERY low.

http://www.diamondfa...rs-peltier.html

If my kid wanted to do something that they loved, by all means do it, but I would prefer that it be in a career that A. Has a longer average span than just under 6 years B. Is over when they decide to leave vs. being over when they "can't do it" anymore.

One of those "college Degrees" would help right?

• Fire 1

You might want to go to college, but your kid might not care about the $30k and keep doing it for the love of the game.

Although you hate baseball, what about the people who love the sport and hate football and say the same thing that your saying? Do we get rid of FB (and no, that doesn't mean facebook)?

To each his own, although I agree that all the MTV programs are telling our kids the wrong message. But as I had said in another thread, this is where parents come in and teach their kids what is right/wrong.

All the while, when they are playing triple a or double a they are still making really good money.

Wow, there are a lot of +1's going around here. The quoted statement above may be true for a select few people, but the majority of minor league players get payed crap. My brother plays single A for the Phillies and doesn't get payed much at all. But he has a "College Degree" to fall back on when baseball is over for him.

I get infinitely more enjoyment out of Jersey-Shore.jpg

thanyankeeStadium_Yankees.jpg

If MTv feels like paying the characters that much for doing stupid stuff that millions of people watch, whatever, welcome to the free market, but getting $33 million for swinging a silly bat and catching a ball with a silly glove and wearing a stupid uniform is equally, if not more ridiculous when you really think about it.

Yea cuz doing the fist pump in a night club is as difficult as hitting a 95 mph fastball. You definitely nailed it. The Jersey Shore cast contributes nothing to society, how do they deserve to even be allowed in America, let alone make a penny? The are everything a human being shouldn't be. I bet if you asked any one of them what 2+2=....they would tell you 3 because that is just how dumb they actually are.

I wasn't making that argument and even if I was, what exactly is the ability to hit a 95 mph fastball contributing to society?

My point is, the marketplace puts a price on different items, in this case "entertainment" and if it is determined that fist pumping idiot "guidos" should make $100k an episode or an equally tanned, gold glove wearing "guido" should make $33 million per season, well, maybe I should have skipped college and gone to the New Jersey shore or gone to batting practice instead of to the library to study.

There are numerous Baseball players that have something that the Jersey Shore crew haven't earned and its called a College Degree. Not only is Baseball the America's pastime but its a great sport to attend to with your family in a friendly atmosphere (unless you're at a Dodgers/Giants game) while enjoying a hotdog, popcorn, etc.

Everything on MTV is utter GARBAGE. MTV creating shows like the Jersey Shore or 16 and Pregnant among others are basically telling/encouraging society that its ok for you to be pregnant at 16 or talking like a bunch of retards that lack more than 5 words in their vocabulary while dressing like douchebags and sl#ts

:yeah:yeah:yeah HJ!

T_O_B

:troll: