East Stadium expansion update coming tonight

Nexus

Since architecture is a visual art, and buildings speak for themselves, Nebraska will showcase both time-tested simplicity and modern-day elegance in the $63.5 million expansion of its East Stadium.

When the curtain goes up to reveal Memorial Stadium's last likely major expansion project Wednesday night on Expand Their Experience, Big Red fans around the world will see architectural renderings that will warm, exalt and stimulate every sense you have of the only stadium in the history of college football to sell out 311 consecutive games.

Continue Reading

• Fire 1

Just head over to the stadium about any time during the day. You'll see guys walking around with blueprints and drawings galore.

When they did the last major renovation to Ohio Stadium (which was roughly 10 years ago) a buddy of mine that I went to school with kept a hard hat in his truck and would make almost daily trips over there. He would simply put a hard hat on in the parking lot, walk in like he was supposed to be there and check everything out. No one ever said anything to him. So you guys have that option during construction.

Just head over to the stadium about any time during the day. You'll see guys walking around with blueprints and drawings galore.

When they did the last major renovation to Ohio Stadium (which was roughly 10 years ago) a buddy of mine that I went to school with kept a hard hat in his truck and would make almost daily trips over there. He would simply put a hard hat on in the parking lot, walk in like he was supposed to be there and check everything out. No one ever said anything to him. So you guys have that option during construction.

Several times I've remarked how easy it is to get into places if you just act like you belong there. I've wandered all throughout Memorial Stadium lately, and nobody's said a word to me.

Several times I've remarked how easy it is to get into places if you just act like you belong there. I've wandered all throughout Memorial Stadium lately, and nobody's said a word to me.

That's how I got my first experience of the skyboxes in the West stadium

Last time Metallica was in Omaha, my buddy and I dressed in orange jump suits, I carried a disco ball, he carried a goat. We had no problems what-so-ever getting backstage.