JUCO WR Maurice Purify

hello, sean callahan on big red report said that he believes that mo purify is close to committing to UN

the jucos who visited/verballed w/ him on 12/07 have been working on him to verbal (especially davis)

plus, the in home visit of the UN coaches did not hurt any chances of he eventually being N (distance & weather have been his only real reservations)

he has a visit set for wa on 01/16 (let us hope that he is off of the market by then, & that s callahan is right)

hello, sean callahan on big red report said that he believes that mo purify is close to committing to UN

the jucos who visited/verballed w/ him on 12/07 have been working on him to verbal (especially davis)

plus, the in home visit of the UN coaches did not hurt any chances of he eventually being N (distance & weather have been his only real reservations)

he has a visit set for wa on 01/16 (let us hope that he is off of the market by then, & that s callahan is right)

"The thing about the weather" I hope someone lets him know that if he goes on to the NFL, the chances are pretty good that he'll be playing for a cold weater team. ;)

He can come to NU, get some experience and he'll be ready for the cold weather in a few years. :thumbs

Purify is leaning towards making a decision soon. NU seems to be in the lead at the moment from what was reported earlier, but i am waiting to see how it plays out. We only have room for 6 more scholarships. 3 will go to DB's. 1 will go to a DT, 1 an OL, 1 to a WR. If Jeremy Maclin commits to NU, Purify is out. If Purify commits, Maclin is out. Some players could end up transferring this year like rands already did, but that wont help us free up scholarships for this class. To many quality players still on the radar, not enough scholarships to hand out. Who would have thought NU would be in such a situation?

Purify is leaning towards making a decision soon. NU seems to be in the lead at the moment from what was reported earlier, but i am waiting to see how it plays out. We only have room for 6 more scholarships. 3 will go to DB's. 1 will go to a DT, 1 an OL, 1 to a WR. If Jeremy Maclin commits to NU, Purify is out. If Purify commits, Maclin is out. Some players could end up transferring this year like rands already did, but that wont help us free up scholarships for this class. To many quality players still on the radar, not enough scholarships to hand out. Who would have thought NU would be in such a situation?

Which makes the Young, Martin, and West commits even more difficult to swallow.

Not really. If the staff didn't want those kids to come to NU, they wouldn't have been offered.

The staff getting the kids they want is more important than how ranking systems rank the recruits IMO.

Like i said, i will be suprised if Young stays as a solid commit. The chances of him decommitting are in the 60-65% range. Martin will be a greyshirt if NU ends up getting the guy they want (still to early to tell), and West isn't a waste of a scholarship. The kid is severly underrated.

hello, so w/ purify (basically) being N this should (basically) cancel the 3 wr's for this coming wk end (thompson, bynes, & mitchell - he was lsu bound regardless if he came or not), & maclin will most likely be deciding b/w mo & tt, now.

p.s. NU has had quite a wk thus far w/ west, martin, young, nicks, haines, & palmer, & w/ purify & issac just having to solidify their verbals - NU will collect 8 verbals in about a wk, wow!

2nd p.s. look for wright to make a decision, soon also - maybe by this wk end

3rd p.s. when was the last time that NU did not have any tx kids verbal to them? (okung may be their last chance w/ a tx kid, but I do not think that NU is willing to take him at this point, plus he has 3 visits to take, yet)