A "real" new era for the offense?

Of course, I have no idea what Beck is going to do this fall for sure but.....

By far the most exciting thing for me about the SG was hearing our qbs under center and Legate blasting in for a couple of scores. We've had a full seven years of fluffball and I've seen enough. Yes, yes of course that stuff can work with enough talent just like anything else but imo it's a bad fit for us and certainly doesn't play to our strengths.

I think NU "must" have a real-deal short running game to reach the premier status it richly deserves. Is there a good chance that might seriously be in the works (not just coach-speak)?

Boy if you hate fluffball, the B1G is perfect for you. Just watching an Iowa game makes my brain numb.

I do hope we get Legate the ball some, and do some power running. Also, Rex is probably the perfect back to have during this transition. A low-to the ground, explosive guy who can just run people over if he wants to.

• Fire 1

Boy if you hate fluffball, the B1G is perfect for you. Just watching an Iowa game makes my brain numb.

I do hope we get Legate the ball some, and do some power running. Also, Rex is probably the perfect back to have during this transition. A low-to the ground, explosive guy who can just run people over if he wants to.

I love the Big10!! :)

We didn't even scratch the surface of our new offense in the Spring Game. That game plan was about as vanilla as I have ever seen. But, there are plenty of positives to take away from the highlights. It's matter of everybody being on the same page when September roles around.

Tthe offense we saw last Saturday is not going to be the offense we see this fall.

Nebraska is at a disadvantage going into the B1G. Yes, all the other B1G teams don't get to spend the summer dissecting film on Nebraska's offense, but Nebraska has eight new conference opponents they have to dissect over the summer. Pelini was using the ol' noggin' in that respect.

Second, this offense has been touted as a fast-paced, no-huddle monster that will attack a defense instead of take what the defense gives. Many of the formations I saw Saturday don't exemplify "fast-paced". It's tough to run a no-huddle out of the power i-formation, so I'm sure the pistol and shotgun are going to be about 80% of the plays we run in a football game next year.

Lastly, I'm going to go ahead and say Legate gets fewer than 10 carries this year. I just don't see it being that important in our offense.

Tthe offense we saw last Saturday is not going to be the offense we see this fall.

Nebraska is at a disadvantage going into the B1G. Yes, all the other B1G teams don't get to spend the summer dissecting film on Nebraska's offense, but Nebraska has eight new conference opponents they have to dissect over the summer. Pelini was using the ol' noggin' in that respect.

Second, this offense has been touted as a fast-paced, no-huddle monster that will attack a defense instead of take what the defense gives. Many of the formations I saw Saturday don't exemplify "fast-paced". It's tough to run a no-huddle out of the power i-formation, so I'm sure the pistol and shotgun are going to be about 80% of the plays we run in a football game next year.

Lastly, I'm going to go ahead and say Legate gets fewer than 10 carries this year. I just don't see it being that important in our offense.

You shared that Nebraska has eight new conference opponents they have to dissect over the summer. Do you think that the fact that Pelini is from the B1G is an advantage?

You shared that Nebraska has eight new conference opponents they have to dissect over the summer. Do you think that the fact that Pelini is from the B1G is an advantage?

Doubtful, since Bo's last experience with the Big 10 was 20 years ago as a Grad Assistant with Iowa. To put that in perspective, Penn State wasn't even a member when Bo last had regular dealings with the B1G.

Doubtful, since Bo's last experience with the Big 10 was 20 years ago as a Grad Assistant with Iowa. To put that in perspective, Penn State wasn't even a member when Bo last had regular dealings with the B1G.

I guess I'm looking at it like this: Bo grew up around Big 10 football his whole life. It's like kids that grow up in Nebraska and play for Nebraska. Even though some things might change a little, there is an identity (well, there used to be!) that is Husker football. I'm thinking that Bo knows the identity of these teams. He has an inkling of how they approach things. (And I could be TOTALLY wrong in that assumption!) I remember when they announced that Nebraska was joining the Big 10 people were saying things like, 'Well, this is like 'going home' for the Pelini's.' So, I'm thinking that maybe that 'familiarity' with the Big 10 could be an advantage. I guess I don't see us as going into the Big 10 totally in the dark. (And maybe that's not what Enhancer had in mind when he shared?)

Does this make sense or am I way off base?

I think you're way off base. The only thing consistent from Bo's time in the Big 10 until now is the fans. There isn't a single coach in the Big 10 who was around when Bo was a GA or a player. Not one AD is the same, either. Look how much we changed in just the last ten years.