Game times

I personally always prefer night games in other stadiums that I have attended, but have never been further north to a game than Knoxville. When during the season does it usually start to get pretty unreasonably cold (20-30 degrees)for night games (7PM central start) by, say, halftime at Memorial?

I personally always prefer night games in other stadiums that I have attended, but have never been further north to a game than Knoxville. When during the season does it usually start to get pretty unreasonably cold (20-30 degrees)for night games (7PM central start) by, say, halftime at Memorial?

Mid-November.

Mid-November.

Wow. I would have assumed much earlier. I mean, we get games down here during that part of the season that are that cold. Interesting.

Mid-November.

Wow. I would have assumed much earlier. I mean, we get games down here during that part of the season that are that cold. Interesting.

It depends on the year. The Plains has varying weather. Like right now, this week in Nebraska we're getting cold and snow. Other years it could be 80 degrees. It could be 30 degrees in the third week of October, or 75 degrees the third week of November.

Mid-November.

It depends on the year. The Plains has varying weather. Like right now, this week in Nebraska we're getting cold and snow. Other years it could be 80 degrees. It could be 30 degrees in the third week of October, or 75 degrees the third week of November.

Last year was a prime example of Indian Summer. We had 50-60 degree, maybe once in awhile 70 all the way through mid-November. Then, all of a sudden there is snow on the ground.

Mid-November.

Last year was a prime example of Indian Summer. We had 50-60 degree, maybe once in awhile 70 all the way through mid-November. Then, all of a sudden there is snow on the ground.

I guess that's true. There really is no place...

As a kid my fondest memories where of the afternoon kickoffs to the Stone's Start Me Up, but I think those are better for suited for the first couple warm-up games. The atmosphere of night games just oozes big time game to me. People are loose and actually awake and cheering. And dare I say most of the gray-hairs are probably at home because the game will go past their bed time. The Oklahoma game is the prime example I've been to so far, simply electric!

Although if you do go in the day time like it was mentioned earlier you get the chance for some crazy weather in October and November like we had at the texas game in '06 I believe; bright and sunny then light snow, then heavy snow and some wind, then sun and a heart break.

Assuming that you are attending a game in Lincoln, what is your idea game time?

I was at the OU game two seasons ago that started at 8pm and it was AMAZING. We got down there around 11am, what a great time.

11am games are brutal

I can live with 2:30.

That OU game will go down as one of my greatest husker experiences ever. I remember it was like 80 degrees that day. My uncle knows a guy that knew guy that tailgates down in the horse shoe. He invited us to tailgate at his spot cause he wasnt gonna be down there the whole time. So we brought like 10 cases beer, some hotdogs, chips the whole works. Started tailgating about noon, a guy next to us had a satellite so I watch Iowa lose to NW and drank with about 15 other people. Of course the team bus pulled up right next to where we were at. So I went over and started chanting..... "Beat Ou, Beat Ou, Beat OU." Went into the stadium about 7:15 and enjoyed the one of the greatest husker games in my 26 years.

2 bad things about this was that I had to pee for about 3.5 hours cause I refused to miss any part of the game and couldnt get down to bathroom and back to my seat by the end of halftime. The other was I lost my voice for about 3 days and forearms hurt for atleast 2 days from throwing the bones. Both of these things were minor compared to the experience.

Ok Im done storytelling.

Assuming that you are attending a game in Lincoln, what is your idea game time?

I was at the OU game two seasons ago that started at 8pm and it was AMAZING. We got down there around 11am, what a great time.

11am games are brutal

I can live with 2:30.

That OU game will go down as one of my greatest husker experiences ever. I remember it was like 80 degrees that day. My uncle knows a guy that knew guy that tailgates down in the horse shoe. He invited us to tailgate at his spot cause he wasnt gonna be down there the whole time. So we brought like 10 cases beer, some hotdogs, chips the whole works. Started tailgating about noon, a guy next to us had a satellite so I watch Iowa lose to NW and drank with about 15 other people. Of course the team bus pulled up right next to where we were at. So I went over and started chanting..... "Beat Ou, Beat Ou, Beat OU." Went into the stadium about 7:15 and enjoyed the one of the greatest husker games in my 26 years.

2 bad things about this was that I had to pee for about 3.5 hours cause I refused to miss any part of the game and couldnt get down to bathroom and back to my seat by the end of halftime. The other was I lost my voice for about 3 days and forearms hurt for atleast 2 days from throwing the bones. Both of these things were minor compared to the experience.

Ok Im done storytelling.

This is a great post!!!

I totally agree about that day, it was soooo nice out, sooo many girls out, sooo much booze!!!