All things PSN, including nextflix, the PSN store, online gaming or anything else that requires the internet has been down since Wed night. Sony has a statement on the PSN blog that it is do to an 'external intrusion' and that they have to 'rebuild the network'

I'm past frustrated, I want the culprits to have at the minimum long jail sentences, or better yet, chop off their fingers.

Yup Playstation is rebuilding their network because it was hacked into. Sony pissed off the wrong people and thats why the network is down.

Stupid hackers online gamers serious(ly) get a freakin life.

Fixed. You make it too easy.

All things PSN, including nextflix, the PSN store, online gaming or anything else that requires the internet has been down since Wed night. Sony has a statement on the PSN blog that it is do to an 'external intrusion' and that they have to 'rebuild the network'

I'm past frustrated, I want the culprits to have at the minimum long jail sentences, or better yet, chop off their fingers.

Yup Playstation is rebuilding their network because it was hacked into. Sony pissed off the wrong people and thats why the network is down.

Stupid hackers online gamers serious(ly) get a freakin life.

Fixed. You make it too easy.

:rolleyes:

Yup I guess anybody and everybody who plays games online must not have lives outside of online gaming. Thanks for clearing that up for the rest of us

• Fire 1

The PS3 games were traded for Xbox games today. I have always considered Xbox Live to have better online play anyway, just did the PS3 for graphics and a handful of friends that didn't have the 360.

Xbox Live is far more secure than the PSN, and for good reason. You have to pay money for XBL and the PSN is entirely free, as you well know.

The PS3 has games I wish the 360 did (like of God of War), but the 360 dominates the PS3 for online gameplay imho

The PS3 games were traded for Xbox games today. I have always considered Xbox Live to have better online play anyway, just did the PS3 for graphics and a handful of friends that didn't have the 360.

Xbox Live is far more secure than the PSN, and for good reason. You have to pay money for XBL and the PSN is entirely free, as you well know.

The PS3 has games I wish the 360 did (like of God of War), but the 360 dominates the PS3 for online gameplay imho

Microsoft's been proving for years that paying for a product doesn't make it secure.

Also Sony didn't just get hacked through or lose customer info from the PSN, they lost info for SoE games too which has plenty of PC games that require a monthly fee.

Just because you pay a monthly fee for something don't assume its any more secure.

XBL may be, but that would simply mean Microsoft decided to invest making it so.

Microsoft's been proving for years that paying for a product doesn't make it secure.

Also Sony didn't just get hacked through or lose customer info from the PSN, they lost info for SoE games too which has plenty of PC games that require a monthly fee.

Just because you pay a monthly fee for something don't assume its any more secure.

XBL may be, but that would simply mean Microsoft decided to invest making it so.

And Sony has been proving for years that their lack of customer service devotion to the PSN has led to far more problems in connections and hacking. Even trying to compare the two is foolish because the proof is in the experience. Hacking is practically non-existent on the 360, yet it's fairly common on the PS3. Call of Duty: Black Ops is a great example. I returned the PS3 version and bought the 360 version because of the issues.

And in this case because we pay monthly we DO get a more secure online experience because Microsoft spends the money to do it. There's a reason people pay for XBL and that reason is because the overall experience is safer and has far fewer issues. Better systems require money to stay up to date and safe.

I have both a PS3 and a 360, so I know exactly what it's been like and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 360 online experience is better than the PS3. If the PSN required subscription fees and used the money to create a safer online experience they'd be right up there with the 360.

And Sony has been proving for years that their lack of customer service devotion to the PSN has led to far more problems in connections and hacking. Even trying to compare the two is foolish because the proof is in the experience. Hacking is practically non-existent on the 360, yet it's fairly common on the PS3. Call of Duty: Black Ops is a great example. I returned the PS3 version and bought the 360 version because of the issues.

And in this case because we pay monthly we DO get a more secure online experience because Microsoft spends the money to do it. There's a reason people pay for XBL and that reason is because the overall experience is safer and has far fewer issues. Better systems require money to stay up to date and safe.

I have both a PS3 and a 360, so I know exactly what it's been like and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the 360 online experience is better than the PS3. If the PSN required subscription fees and used the money to create a safer online experience they'd be right up there with the 360.

I think you have a different definition of hacking then I do, I misunderstood. You meant cheating in games. I was talking about actual computer security.

It really doesn't matter a whole lot if people had to pay for PSN or if Sony had beefed up security measures. Anonymous is for real, and I don't think there is anything Sony could have done about it.

See what they did to HBGary, a computer security company.

These guys are good. Seen Live Free or Die Hard? Thanks to guys similar to this, that's actually happened before.

:facepalm:

HBGary is a Fraudulent security company that was making claims that they knew who Anonymous's leaders were and were in the process of trying to sell their "information" to the FBI. Which is stupid claim anyways because its a basically an online mob (and not the sopranos type, a mob like a group of pitchfork wielding villagers).

HBGary did things like used the same passwords for the same logins across multiple servers, used outdated insecure web code with SQL injection vulnerabilities, and even emailed a password to a hijacked email account when someone posed as an executive that should have known that information. That "hack" didn't happen because anonymous are some ultra-skilled cracker collective, it occurred because that "security company" didn't know enough to actually employ good security themselves. Anonymous got in and released all their information for them to expose them for the frauds they are.

I didn't even read the "seen live free or die hard?" line before I clicked reply but that has to be a joke. You got me good.

All of which changes nothing of the fact that the hackers are douche bag criminals who should have their hands chopped off. That would, in one fell swoop kill their ability to hack, and their love lives.

It would also kill your ability to sit on your ass and play video games yelling at 13 year olds all day on CoD. Or over-react to video game withdraws on the internet. Since lots of those kids that spend their youth time learning to program computers as teens "hacking" go on to do legit things. Like making games, sites like Facebook, and all that software technology that's so annoyingly in for the masses now. Not to mention the technology that it is built on.

All of which changes nothing of the fact that the hackers are douche bag criminals who should have their hands chopped off. That would, in one fell swoop kill their ability to hack, and their love lives.

It would also kill your ability to sit on your ass and play video games yelling at 13 year olds all day on CoD. Or over-react to video game withdraws on the internet. Since lots of those kids that spend their youth time learning to program computers as teens "hacking" go on to do legit things. Like making games, sites like Facebook, and all that software technology that's so annoyingly in for the masses now. Not to mention the technology that it is built on.

Stealing the info of 100 million people kinda precludes you from 'going on to do legit things.' This is felony territory, they have forfeited their futures.

I enjoy how playing video games instantly means that you "sit on your ass all day"......

An unfortunate stereotype to say the least.

Not to toot my horn but I have a job, a 3.5 cumulative GPA heading into my senior year at UNL, a girlfriend of three years and several responsibilities. Yet I'm about as addicted to video games as one can be.

Not everybody is a lazy video gamer.

I enjoy how playing video games instantly means that you "sit on your ass all day"......

An unfortunate stereotype to say the least.

Not to toot my horn but I have a job, a 3.5 cumulative GPA heading into my senior year at UNL, a girlfriend of three years and several responsibilities. Yet I'm about as addicted to video games as one can be.

Not everybody is a lazy video gamer.

Thankfully, there are stereotypes for the lazy minded to latch onto so no effort need be expended to learn about others. :)

Oh, and it appears Sony will be providing victims two free PS3 (not PSN, from what I understand) games from a choice of five titles:

Link