Ameer Abdullah

Brandon Williams is going to be a beast. But there is definately a reason we all coveted Green and that is because he is definately a top 5 running back recruit in the nation.

The same reason we all coveted Braylon Heard as well, because he was a top 5 running back in the nation during his recruitment.

Ammer has the fastest 100m time in alabama and squats 450lbs.. Aaorn Green benches around 340 and squats in the mid 400s as well. Thats pretty insane for a 180-190lb kid coming out of high school. Ive competed in some power lifing events and those numbers are right on par with the strongest for that weight class. Pretty impressive.

100m times are even less relevant in football than 40 yard dash times. He is run down from behind in his highlights. Those players that ran him down must have been from outside of Alabama?

I'm not looking at measurables . . . I'm just going by what my eyes tell me.

FWIW i never did see him get "caught" from behind like you say. The dudes fast. If someone catches him its because he slowed down to make someone else miss, or they had the angle on him. He never got ran down by someone faster then him, not sure what your looking at.

I certainly respect your opinion, I just have a hard time going against recruiting analysts who get paid to watch tape and break these guys down. Obviously they can be wrong, but for the time being my expectations are highest to lowest from Green to Heard to Abdullah.

I certainly respect your opinion, I just have a hard time going against recruiting analysts who get paid to watch tape and break these guys down. Obviously they can be wrong, but for the time being my expectations are highest to lowest from Green to Heard to Abdullah.

the fact that someone is paid to do something doesn't mean they're good at it. if they were that great at evaluating talent, they'd probably be coaching somewhere. recruiting marketers have one of the few jobs in the world that require almost no accountability for accuracy. you just sell the expectations and it's never your fault that a kid didn't reach them. (on the other hand, a kid having a boatload of offers from major programs is usually a pretty good indication he's got something going on.)

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

A quote from Bo today reminded me to resurrect this thing for 2013:

***On Abdullah, Pelini said he has a great attitude and great vision running the ball. He said he's not comparing Abdullah to Barry Sanders, but the way he creates space for himself was similar to Sanders.

Ameer:

Positives: Exceptionally nimble in space. Runs with a very low center of gravity, has excellent short area burst. Completely ignores contact, seems like he's made of rubber (He's got a little bit of Barry in him). Good, not great, long speed (I'd say he's probably in low 4.5's, might hit high 4.4's on a good day). Exceptional vision to find a hole or cutback lane. Very good receiver for a RB on both short and medium routes, catches with his hands and can high point the ball to make catches against taller defenders.

Have to say, he's been better than I had hoped.

I was wrong on him. Really glad we got him. If you would have given me a pick as to who the best RB that started his freshman year in 2011 at NU, Ameer would have been third behind Green and Heard. A lot of work this man has put in!!! Good for him.

• 1 month later...

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...